Help Reaching New Goal

Hey everyone, so I have been lifting seriously for a many months now and have put on some good weight. I am 5’9 and bulked up to 175, I was at around 135.

Anyways I now want to cut the fat I got and get down to around 155-160. I know that this is a body building forum and many people will think this is a good weight for women but it is where I feel good at.

Diet wise I will be following t-dawg 2.0 but as for training I do not know what would be best, would fullbody workouts be best when cutting?

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

the workout would look like this

monday: 5x5

1. squat
  2. flat bench
  3. seated row
  4. db military press
  5. hammer curls
  6. db tricep extension

tuesday: 2x15

1. leg press
  2. db bench press
  3. lat-puldown wide grip
  4. cable lateral raise
  5. e-z bar curl
  6. calf raise

thursday: 4x6

1. deadlift
  2. decline bench
  3. lat pulldown
  4. chest supported row
  5. bb military press
  6. tricep rope pull

saturday: 3x10

1. incline bench
  2. seated row
  3. close grip dips
  4. split squats
  5. barbell curl
  6. calf raises

How does it look to much? does it need some exercise changes?

[quote]dion323 wrote:
Hey everyone, so I have been lifting seriously for a many months now and have put on some good weight. I am 5’9 and bulked up to 175, I was at around 135.

Anyways I now want to cut the fat I got and get down to around 155-160. I know that this is a body building forum and many people will think this is a good weight for women but it is where I feel good at.

Diet wise I will be following t-dawg 2.0 but as for training I do not know what would be best, would fullbody workouts be best when cutting?

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated[/quote]

You could try Waterbury’s 10x3 for fat loss.

Doing over 80 sets per week is crazy at your stage of training. My suggestion would be a full body workout three times per week using mostly compound lifts. For example:

DB Incline Bench Press
Close Grip Underhand Chins or Lat Pull Downs
Dips
Wide Grip Pull Ups or Lat Pull Downs
Flat Bench Flyes
Seated Rows
DB Seated Military Press
DB Shrugs
Squats
Deadlifts
Leg Extensions (High Reps)

1 set of each. Do 15 reps on M, 5 reps on W and 10 reps on F. Add in one set of curls or tricep exercises if you feel the need to hit arms even more. This workout should take no longer than 45 minutes. Warm up can be a short as push ups, pull ups, light squats. You don’t need to live in the gym to look better than 99% of the people out there.

Add in cardio and make whatever dietary changes are necessary to get to where you want to be.

does not seem like over training to me.