Help Rate My Program

So im pretty new to lifting, not trying to get big, but want to get lean and cut. im currently 5’10" 170, i have a little fat around my stomach and chest. Here is what my routine will look like:

Day 1:
Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Bench
Flys
Pullovers
Tri Pushdown
Weighted Dips
Bench Dips

Day 2:
One Arm Row
Wide Grip Seated Row
Close Grip Seater Row
Pulldowns
Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Incline Curls
Concentrated Curls

Day 3:
Front Machine Press
Incline Rear Laterals
Arnold Press
Lying Side Laterals
Shurgs
Upright Rows
Front Wrist Curls
Rear Wrist Curls

Day 4:
Squats
Leg Ext
Leg Curls
One leg calf raise
Calf Raise

My Diet will cut out most carbs, a sample Diet will look like this:

Meal 1: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive and Almonds
Meal 2: 4-5 Eggs
Meal 3: Chicken Breast and green Beans
Meal 4: Steak and green Beans
Meal 5: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive and Natural PB

The Supplements im going to order are:

Low-Carb Metablic Drive
Surge
Flameout

Does this look good?

You will probably do better if you work your legs more often. You could split your upper body into push and pull so your shoulders get divided into your chest and back days. Then your legs would be every third workout instead of every 4. You say you are pretty new to lifting. You will likely do better on a high frequency whole body routine so you can work the basic movements every 2 days instead of every week. A beginner can not put the intensity into a workout to make it take a week to recover.

For your diet eat copious quantities of a wide variety of vegetables, especially green leafy veg. Green beans are not enough. Have veg at each meal, even breakfast. Have some fruit. Eat it in the morning. Plan a snack between meals. Make them like mini meals with a balance of nutrients (Example: small salad with diced chicken and olive oil dressing). Have the Surge after your workout.

Stu

Thanks for your response i have done a whole body routine for about 3-4 months already. When i go to the store tommarow i will pick up some more greens and maybe some fruit aswell. thanks again. any other help would be great too.

Are you doing any cardio? 1/4 mile sprints are great for fat loss and preserving muscle. Do 8 sprints, each faster than the one before. Do the 2-3 times a week. Keep trying to better your time. Hopefully you have warmer weather than here in Nova Scotia.

Do more leg work; it tends to give you the most bang for your buck: Lunges, Squats(various stances), Split-Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, normal Deadlift(maybe not unnecessary).

Also, train back relatively more than chest(1 or 2 sets more), and ease a bit on the amount of bicep excersizes.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but I think you would be happier if you tried to add some lean mass while minimizing fat gain. If done right, this would lead to you looking more muscular AND leaner, rather than “boney”.

edit: also, what does your rep scheme look like for your exercises? I ask, because you plan on doing more than 2 sets on a lot of these, you’re just asking to strain something.

It’s pretty crappy.

Pick a plan from the stickies and go from there. 10x3 for fat loss, TBT, etc.

Educate yourself regarding nutrition…read Berardi’s 7 healthy habits.

I’m going to echo what someone else already said. You would probably be happier with a higher body weight and similar body fat percentage. You are pretty skinny, if you “cut,” you’ll be bony.

I would actually guess that the ideal body you have pictured in your head has more muscle mass than you have right now, but all you see are abs. You need to have muscle to show off.

If you are set on cutting, go for it, but pick a program that is designed for that.

If you’re trying to loose fat your workout sucks.

If you’re trying to gain mass your diet sucks.

5/10

If you are a beginner, you may not want to lift everyday. I would recomend total body training every other day. In addition, you may want to cut out the isolation movements and focus on compound multi joint lifts since pressing and pulling movements will work both triceps and biceps. You might want to take a look at Chad Waterbury’s Anti-Bodybuilding hypertrophy or the 25 method
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1696844&cr=

The Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training Routine #1
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459341

The Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training Routine #2
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459211

Complexes worked for me. Your diet needs a lot of work/variety. Read the 7 healthy habits mentioned above and there was a nutrition for newbies 2 article set a few weeks ago that should get you started.

BTW your too skinny. You have to have muscle to look good cut. I’m 6’ and at 180lbs now and I look waaaay too skinny. You’d be a lot happier at 180lbs and <10%bf than 150lbs and <10%bf.

P