T Nation

Help Rate My Program

Since it's my first post here I wanted to say hello to everyone.
Im female, 19 yo, 64 kilograms, 168 cm high.
Went from time to time to the gym in the past, but rather inconsistent and I didn't have a good training plan.
Picked up playing amateur ice hockey last year and really fell in love with the game.
Our new season is starting in November and to this time I want to improve my overall fitness & strenght to get better at the game.
I went through numerous articles about training plans and tried to create my own.

My goals are improving overall strength, get better prepared for playing hockey, get a leaner and more defined body, especially in the bust and buttock areas, improve my posture, and, in the future work on speed, agility and explosiveness.

One thing that bothers me is my excessive lordosis, but my doctor has said that I'm ok with lifting, but I can't overdo it with the weights and need to watch my form really carefully.
The schedule I came up with is the following:

MONDAY

• Warm up â?? 10 min of running or jumping rope
  • Dynamic stretching

FBW A

A Back Squat
B1 Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
B2 Seated Cable Row
C1 Bulgarian Split Squat
C2 Back Extension
D Plank max

• Cardio/HIIT (interchangeably, I want to fit 2x cardio and 3x HIIT within the week.)
    This one could include battle ropes, running/sprints, jumping rope
  • After that static stretching and a dead hang to finish the workout.

TUESDAY

• Dynamic warm up
    (I wanted to throw in some very basic plyometrics after this one, but I've read they are not good for people who are just starting out)
  • Sprints or cardio
  • Static stretching

WEDNESDAY

• Dynamic stretching

FBW B

A Deadlift
B1 Overhead Press
B2 Lat Pull down
C1 Forward Lunge/Reverse Lunge, wanted to change between those two.
C2 Single Leg Romanian Deadlift
D Push Up max

• Cardio/HIIT

THURSDAY

• Dynamic warm up
  • Sprints or cardio
  • Static stretching

FRIDAY

• Dynamic stretching

FBW A

A Back Squat
B1 Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
B2 Seated Cable Row
C1 Bulgarian Split Squat
C2 Back Extension
D Plank max

• Cardio/HIIT

SATURDAY/SUNDAY

either free or some light yoga/stretching

FBW workouts will ofc be done ABABAB

As for reps, I wanted to go 2x15 in the first two weeks to get comfortable with the exercises, then 2x12, 3x10 and 3x8 in week seven and eight.

What do you think about my workout schedule? Should I add/change/cross out something? Is the exercise order good? Any help and criticism will be highly appreciated.

These are the things that jump out to me:

• You have approximated 2 to 3 times as much volume for the lower body than the upper body.
  • Looks like too much cardio and (especially) HIIT.
  • If you’re concerned about your excessive lordosis, I’d invest more of your training time/ energy into anterior core work… particularly supine anti-extension stuff like dead bugs and 3 month breathing. Mike Robertson has loads of information that can help you out there.

Before anyone else says it:

this isn’t really a program, just a list of exercises with some changes in reps/sets over time. What about the loadings? You should look at what kind of loads, intensity, etc you use. How are you going to overload the exercises?

Your goals are also kind of varied, so hard to achieve all at the same time. Pick one, two if they complement each other.

Keep it simple. That tends to work much better.

EDIT: on re-reading your post, I think a 5/3/1 variation might be a very good place to start for you. There are so many variation Jim Wendler has created that there is bound to be one to suit you. It is generally much better to start out using a proven program, and you don’t really get more proven than 5/3/1.