but i’ll give you a few stats about my self
i’m very light so i have a big problem putting on wieght

age 41
wieght 129 lbs
hieght 5 ft 6
chest 28
waist 28

but the thing is as small as i am
i can bench press my own body wieght, on top of that in between each set do 30 push ups or chin ups

i squat about the same as well,
i have always done alot of sports whic ranged from, boxing, soccer, long distance running, yoga, circit training,
swimming…

so in general i’m in great shape, by the way i forgot to mention i live in the united kingdom , london, england…
any way does anyone have any suggestions on how i can put on some wieght not a lot though because i’ll look stupid as i am only 5ft 6

thanks

Food!!

Fork to mouth, butt to chair.

Other than that id say stop doing 30 push up inbetween benching when you should be restuing and concentrating on moving a higher load on the BP. Same with the chins sure they are great but you need to raise the intensity (load) get those numbers up as well as the food. stop turning evey weights session into an endurance event,

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

Other than that id say stop doing 30 push up inbetween benching when you should be restuing and concentrating on moving a higher load on the BP. Same with the chins sure they are great but you need to raise the intensity (load) get those numbers up as well as the food. stop turning evey weights session into an endurance event,

Phill[/quote]

Um, yeah. Actually, I’m going to go ahead and disagree with Phill’s advice to stop the push-ups/chins. Do what you want to do. If you like being in that kind of shape, and playing all your sports, don’t stop it and let your overall fitness levels fall just because you want to put some meat on your bones. Just eat more.

Post your daily diet.

After that, read Berardi’s Massive Eating 1, 2 and Massive Eating Reloaded, and G-Flux articles. Then eat Massively. If you don’t know what to do, eat. Fork to mouth, butt to chair, as Phill said.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Um, yeah. Actually, I’m going to go ahead and disagree with Phill’s advice to stop the push-ups/chins. Do what you want to do. If you like being in that kind of shape, and playing all your sports, don’t stop it and let your overall fitness levels fall just because you want to put some meat on your bones. Just eat more.

Post your daily diet.

After that, read Berardi’s Massive Eating 1, 2 and Massive Eating Reloaded, and G-Flux articles. Then eat Massively. If you don’t know what to do, eat. Fork to mouth, butt to chair, as Phill said.[/quote]

silly phill every one knows when you want to get big that sets of 30 pushups and pullups are the way to go

“Im gonna go cut my self for typeing that”

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Post your daily diet.

After that, read Berardi’s Massive Eating 1, 2 and Massive Eating Reloaded, and G-Flux articles. Then eat Massively. If you don’t know what to do, eat. Fork to mouth, butt to chair, as Phill said.[/quote]

Im not saying to stop them all together I went on to say that “there Great” the chins and push ups. Just not IMO to do them in the rest peroiod between benching they will damn sure make the bench w/o suffer and he could likely us a much larger load creating a greater stimulus for the WEIGHT and growth he’s looking for.

Do the push up sure but do them at a different time then when your trying to move maximal loads.

Phill

5x5 ala Bill Starr. Google that. It’d be great for gaining muscular bw. Stick to the linear version. You wont need the dual factor stuff for a while.

[quote]derek wrote:
5x5 ala Bill Starr. Google that. It’d be great for gaining muscular bw. Stick to the linear version. You wont need the dual factor stuff for a while. [/quote]

Yes, yes, 5x5 is the key. A great program that balances strength and hypertrophy.

And all the advice about food x10. Start keeping track of your diet. use www.fitday.com or something similar.

The best thing i have found for gaining weight with lean small clients is milk, chocolate that is. The clients who drink the 4 liter milk jug each day and train the squats grow the best. It’s carbs and protein, a recipie for growth. and with 4 liters of it it’s great for getting past that bloody high basal metabolic rate you likely have.

you have to out pace your metabolism with tasty treats to gain extra mass. 6 regular feedings per day of as many cals as you work out to be your gaining rate. I find it is usually well over 600 cals / meal for smallish lean dudes. My training partner johnny had to eat 6000 cals/ day, 40/40/20 C/P/F to get bigger. But bigger he got. He had to out pace a ton of wrestling just like you have to eat for all the sports plus the growth. So don’t be surprised when your food bill doubles.

have fun.

-chris

[quote]Phill wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Post your daily diet.

After that, read Berardi’s Massive Eating 1, 2 and Massive Eating Reloaded, and G-Flux articles. Then eat Massively. If you don’t know what to do, eat. Fork to mouth, butt to chair, as Phill said.

Im not saying to stop them all together I went on to say that “there Great” the chins and push ups. Just not IMO to do them in the rest peroiod between benching they will damn sure make the bench w/o suffer and he could likely us a much larger load creating a greater stimulus for the WEIGHT and growth he’s looking for.

Do the push up sure but do them at a different time then when your trying to move maximal loads.

Phill[/quote]

Oh, I misunderstood. Good advice.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Oh, I misunderstood. Good advice.[/quote]

Bro no worries I could have been a LOT more clear. Your post caused me to do such all good eh’

Phill

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
Food!![/quote]

well i tend it eat a lot anyway i’m one of the lucky few in the world who can get away with it, at the end of the day its not the smount you eat its what you eat which is important

[quote]dutchblast wrote:
comedypedro wrote:
Food!!

well i tend it eat a lot anyway i’m one of the lucky few in the world who can get away with it, at the end of the day its not the smount you eat its what you eat which is important[/quote]

no, if you’re trying to gain weight at the end of the day it DOES matter how much you eat. seeing as everyone has given you the same recommendation how about you follow that? instead of following your own flawed logic that hasn’t shown any results.

AMen. When you’re trying to gain weight, eat all the time. It works. Also, squats and milk.

[quote]ZedLeppelin wrote:
dutchblast wrote:
comedypedro wrote:
Food!!

well i tend it eat a lot anyway i’m one of the lucky few in the world who can get away with it, at the end of the day its not the smount you eat its what you eat which is important

no, if you’re trying to gain weight at the end of the day it DOES matter how much you eat. seeing as everyone has given you the same recommendation how about you follow that? instead of following your own flawed logic that hasn’t shown any results.[/quote]

i think you missed my point i said i eat alot , i’m not disagreeing woth anyone at all, your opions have been taken on board

[quote]supfrochild wrote:
AMen. When you’re trying to gain weight, eat all the time. It works. Also, squats and milk.[/quote]
i’ll keep you guys updated on my progress

[quote]Phill wrote:

Phill[/quote]

I totally agree with Phill. Why turn a perfectly good iron session into a cardio session. Not to be an ass, but look at your numbers. You have zero separation between your waist and chest. Apparently the push-ups are not working.

Based on your basal metabolic rate for your height, weight and age times your activity level which i put in the extreme category (ie the highest amount of activity a day) you should be consuming at least 3466.32 calories a day to gain weight.
No offence, but i bet what you think is alot of food, isn’t. Especially if it’s QUALITY food. It’s that simple. You can’t build a big strong house out of a few shitty bricks. Good Luck…

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

I totally agree with Phill. Why turn a perfectly good iron session into a cardio session. Not to be an ass, but look at your numbers. You have zero separation between your waist and chest. Apparently the push-ups are not working.
[/quote]
thats a good point phil which i have followed by stopping the cardio sets

[quote]stockzy wrote:
Based on your basal metabolic rate for your height, weight and age times your activity level which i put in the extreme category (ie the highest amount of activity a day) you should be consuming at least 3466.32 calories a day to gain weight.
No offence, but i bet what you think is alot of food, isn’t. Especially if it’s QUALITY food. It’s that simple. You can’t build a big strong house out of a few shitty bricks. Good Luck…[/quote]
no offence taken, i actually dont think its a lot of food. what i should have mentioned in my ealrier points is that i’m black african so despite being genitically strong, i lack bulk, but your pint is taken on board thanks

[quote]dutchblast wrote:
stockzy wrote:
No offence, but i bet what you think is alot of food, isn’t. Especially if it’s QUALITY food. It’s that simple. You can’t build a big strong house out of a few shitty bricks. Good Luck…
no offence taken, i actually dont think its a lot of food. what i should have mentioned in my ealrier points is that i’m black african so despite being genitically strong, i lack bulk, but your pint is taken on board thanks
[/quote]

i also forgot to mention a lot of african and west indian food i eat eat consists of a lot of fish; carbs meat, spinach, sweet poatoes, yams, and so on,
but i dont eat this all the time

what i really need to do is put a picture of myself on this site so you guys can judge for your self,my most recent pic’s