Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay Rows

Is it alright if i do 3 sets of deadlifts? i am trying to build explosiveness(sport specific) in my legs and i could care less about the upperbody workout.

Also if i were to do-
Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans

What would be a good exercise to sub power cleans out with?

If you can do the deadlifts with good form it won’t kill you to do another two sets. I normally rotate powercleans with rows, but if your training for explosiveness I would definitely keep them.

my form on the power cleans is going to be horrible, i would need someone to teach me in person. Watching vids would not work, ive tried them before, but i guess i can try again. Anyway, i guess i’ll do 2 sets of DL’s instead of 1. My form isn’t the greatest, but it will get better as i progress.

Don’t add in more deadlift work. It won’t improve your deadlift more than the current workload.

For some reason, squatting will increase your deadlift, but it doesn’t work the other way around.

I thought B days were supposed to be:
Squat: 3x5
Military Press: 3x5
Chin-up: 3x5
PowerCleans: 3x5
Hanging Leg Raises: 3x5

I suppose I may have gotten the program from the wrong site. Oh well. On the plus side, it works.

Before learning the full power clean just try out of a hang starting position. I remember the first time I did hang cleans in high school it instantly became my favorite lift.

No extra sets of deadlifts, if you want explosiveness do power cleans instead of rows. Deadlifts are an extremely taxing exercise, and they do not teach explosiveness well like power cleans, unless you do speed sets with them which you don’t need to worry about right now.

Squatting every day is all you need for your legs. One set is deadlifts ensures mostly neurological improvement - you don’t need more than one set for this routine.