Help Preparing for My MMA Fight

For one you are too big for 185, you should fight at 205 this time around. I was to do 185, I would be at least 200 pounds by fight time.

I think I can help you prepare for your MMA fight , not as I am an MMA PRO or anything . Just because I am older and have trained TMA for several years and also trained other sports / activities . I will try my best to positivly to so , so if anything I write seems offencive in it is not intentional . I will in lack of detailed information on you statistics make a few assumptions based on my loose observations and your writings in this tread . None of which is ment to underestimate you in anyway , so any you may correct any misconceptions I predict I will make :slight_smile:

I allways have ONE mayor important word that must be included together with the word “Preparation” , and that word is “Patience” . Time is never your enemy , if used wisely it will benefit your game in leaps and bounds given you not waste it . I do not know why you are in a hurry to fight in just 2 weeks , but my first recommendation would be to take a later figth and give yourself more time to prepare .

Judging by your picture posted as “finaly 220lbs” I estimate your matchweigth would be around 155lbs , and would estimate that you could reach 170lbs in 12 months time just by taking of the extra fat without loosing significant strenght or power . This is based on my observation that you are around 30% bodyfat or 66lbs of extra mass that you can “get rid off” , with a more lean body of 170 lbs , you would still have 15-20lbs of fat ( or 9-13% ) so that would be a better start for your fighting potential .

If you feel it is way too long to wait 12 months for your fun to start with MMA fighting ,
then atleast take your first fight when you are closer to 185lbs . Assuming you loose an average of 2lbs a week for the first weeks , you could get to 190lbs in 15 weeks , sign up for the fight and just dip under 185lbs at the weighting and have your first fight in 4 months time .

What I described over isn’t as easy to do as it was for me writing it , it will require 15 weeks of hard work and a solid diet . but compared to loosing 35lbs more in 2 weeks this is actually possible , but I will not speculate if this will affect your performance since I know very little of your current strengths and cardio .

Now my second point , training Martial Arts isn’t done in 2 weeks either .
I must say you are wasting your money if you are hiring personal trainers and couches at this point , you still have basic skills to master and drill before you benefit from expencive personal training . In my personal experience with Martial Arts , most technics required a substancial time to “develop” in your mind and muscles before you cen perform them in a flawless manner .

Specially under stressfull circumstances you will need a solid base before you can apply what you have learned , and you need to join a dojo/gym with several potential opponents for you to train with rather then a single person in the start . Not knowing you “fighter instinct” or skills at fighting , I still feel you benefit more from learning from an normal instructor and other Martial students with varied skills in the first 4 weeks .

The same goes for nutritional learning , at your level of bodyfat just plain common sense should make you loose alot . I am not saying avoid getting help , I am saying that the first weeks you should do most of the work yourself . If you can’t change your weight by your own at your level , you are ill equipped to handle hard diets even with a expert at your side when you get to a serious level later .

In final conclusion :
I hope you get the motivation you need to reach your goals , and that anything you manage to do motivates you to further better yourself and set new goals . Set rational goals in the start , reach them first and set harder goals the next time . Remember that each time you reach one of them you are allways closer to your final dream , no matter what goals you set in life .

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
Ah man, stuff that i’m not used to do, i always do the powerlifting stuff, he made my heart rate keep high during all workout

Some mobility work(read active stretching) really tough
Squats with Presses(i guess that’s not crazy, it’s just complexes right?)
Lunges with A strange kinda of press(its more like a 360 angles rise of my arm, like making a half-circle
Push-ups while holding dumbbell with rows
And finally a cable stuff that resembled a punch

Actually, it made me almost puke.

But i like the guy, he is former bodybuilder, and the first i’ve met that know about ART, differences between static and dynamic stretching, squats, deadlifts, and he teaches kettlebell stuff too.

Also, i’ve hired a JiuJitsu coach. Now my team is complete[/quote]

Do you think joining weight watchers would help?

[quote]AndreP wrote:
I think I can help you prepare for your MMA fight , not as I am an MMA PRO or anything . Just because I am older and have trained TMA for several years and also trained other sports / activities . I will try my best to positivly to so , so if anything I write seems offencive in it is not intentional . I will in lack of detailed information on you statistics make a few assumptions based on my loose observations and your writings in this tread . None of which is ment to underestimate you in anyway , so any you may correct any misconceptions I predict I will make :slight_smile:

I allways have ONE mayor important word that must be included together with the word “Preparation” , and that word is “Patience” . Time is never your enemy , if used wisely it will benefit your game in leaps and bounds given you not waste it . I do not know why you are in a hurry to fight in just 2 weeks , but my first recommendation would be to take a later figth and give yourself more time to prepare .

Judging by your picture posted as “finaly 220lbs” I estimate your matchweigth would be around 155lbs , and would estimate that you could reach 170lbs in 12 months time just by taking of the extra fat without loosing significant strenght or power . This is based on my observation that you are around 30% bodyfat or 66lbs of extra mass that you can “get rid off” , with a more lean body of 170 lbs , you would still have 15-20lbs of fat ( or 9-13% ) so that would be a better start for your fighting potential .

If you feel it is way too long to wait 12 months for your fun to start with MMA fighting ,
then atleast take your first fight when you are closer to 185lbs . Assuming you loose an average of 2lbs a week for the first weeks , you could get to 190lbs in 15 weeks , sign up for the fight and just dip under 185lbs at the weighting and have your first fight in 4 months time .

What I described over isn’t as easy to do as it was for me writing it , it will require 15 weeks of hard work and a solid diet . but compared to loosing 35lbs more in 2 weeks this is actually possible , but I will not speculate if this will affect your performance since I know very little of your current strengths and cardio .

Now my second point , training Martial Arts isn’t done in 2 weeks either .
I must say you are wasting your money if you are hiring personal trainers and couches at this point , you still have basic skills to master and drill before you benefit from expencive personal training . In my personal experience with Martial Arts , most technics required a substancial time to “develop” in your mind and muscles before you cen perform them in a flawless manner .

Specially under stressfull circumstances you will need a solid base before you can apply what you have learned , and you need to join a dojo/gym with several potential opponents for you to train with rather then a single person in the start . Not knowing you “fighter instinct” or skills at fighting , I still feel you benefit more from learning from an normal instructor and other Martial students with varied skills in the first 4 weeks .

The same goes for nutritional learning , at your level of bodyfat just plain common sense should make you loose alot . I am not saying avoid getting help , I am saying that the first weeks you should do most of the work yourself . If you can’t change your weight by your own at your level , you are ill equipped to handle hard diets even with a expert at your side when you get to a serious level later .

In final conclusion :
I hope you get the motivation you need to reach your goals , and that anything you manage to do motivates you to further better yourself and set new goals . Set rational goals in the start , reach them first and set harder goals the next time . Remember that each time you reach one of them you are allways closer to your final dream , no matter what goals you set in life .
[/quote]

Wow, huge tips there, thanks man

Now, i don’t understand why everyone is attacking me, i’m doing it for fun, i’ve been training jiu jitsu and wrestling for about 3 years and i train karate for 7 years, the only thing is that i’m out of shape and had been focusing lately on the weights and all i get is people criticizing me, anyway, close this thread or whatever, after the fight i’ll post the video, pics, and results here.

Thanks to everyone who helped

You know shit about MMA, but you can wrestle , OK let’s see…

…your fight is in two weeks.

And must drop 35 lbs without having ever done so.

And you want to “cycle” your weight training besides MA training.

Ahem. I gues this brings advice down to:

Basically just try to not to break your bones.
Your bros shouldn’t forget to bring the bloodbucket and a white towel.
And learn how to tap. (Important: when your arms are pinned (eg crucifix) you can also tap with your feet or give off a verbal capitulation.)

Good luck, kid.

Man… It doesn’t sound like you’re going to have time to be adequately prepared for this one, but you know what man? Fuck it. Don’t let anyone discourage you. Go out there, give it your best and have fun. Then come back and really get ready for your next fight.

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
Man… It doesn’t sound like you’re going to have time to be adequately prepared for this one, but you know what man? Fuck it. Don’t let anyone discourage you. Go out there, give it your best and have fun. Then come back and really get ready for your next fight.[/quote]

Thanks man, you are the only one who got it right.

I’m just doing it for fun. Sometimes i forget that internet is serious business for some brotards keyboard mma warriors.

Bodyweight around 216 right now

For anyone who didn’t noticed, i’ve been training MMA non-stop for about 6 months, before that i was injured, and before that i was training already.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
You know shit about MMA, but you can wrestle , OK let’s see…

…your fight is in two weeks.

And must drop 35 lbs without having ever done so.

And you want to “cycle” your weight training besides MA training.

Ahem. I gues this brings advice down to:

Basically just try to not to break your bones.
Your bros shouldn’t forget to bring the bloodbucket and a white towel.
And learn how to tap. (Important: when your arms are pinned (eg crucifix) you can also tap with your feet or give off a verbal capitulation.)

Good luck, kid.
[/quote]

You’re forgetting one very important point, you’re forgetting the fact that he posts in most of the combat threads on T-Nation. See what I’m saying?

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
there is just so much gold in this thread.
Its a brotard fest.[/quote]

I’m in same situation. No thanks to you. I’m left high and dry with no training updates.

[quote]comus3 wrote:

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

I’m in same situation. No thanks to you. I’m left high and dry with no training updates. [/quote]

I’m not sure what your saying here, what I can tell you is that this thread has been pure troll gold.

Training update:

There is always a bigger powerlifter training jiu jitsu out there

Today at night training i met a former powerlifter, he was my sparring partner at grappling.

The thing is, i’m weighting 216lbs and he is around 225lbs, but GOD the guy was HUGE, with a lot of bodyfat, but he would dwarf me in terms of size.

I got a good training and my wrestling is been real good, the guys is strong as an OX, but i was able to outwrestle him and quickly get back to my feet several times.

After sparring a few times i discover the guy bench a deadlift RM =( His Bench PR is almost my Deadlift PR

He benches 330lbs and deadlifts 661lbs. For Christ Sake, i need to get to 260lbs someday hahaha

Then i sparred with my JJ coach, who weights only 180lbs and he submitted me SEVERAL times =(, but at least he couldn’t take me to the ground.

Tomorrow is GPP and Striking training, Took my first sip of Super Charger made from LABRADA and it’s awesome or it’s pure placebo, i had much gas and energy during the training.

Training update:

There is always a bigger powerlifter training jiu jitsu out there

Today at night training i met a former powerlifter, he was my sparring partner at grappling.

The thing is, i’m weighting 216lbs and he is around 225lbs, but GOD the guy was HUGE, with a lot of bodyfat, but he would dwarf me in terms of size.

I got a good training and my wrestling is been real good, the guys is strong as an OX, but i was able to outwrestle him and quickly get back to my feet several times.

After sparring a few times i discover the guy bench a deadlift RM =( His Bench PR is almost my Deadlift PR

He benches 330lbs and deadlifts 661lbs. For Christ Sake, i need to get to 260lbs someday hahaha

Then i sparred with my JJ coach, who weights only 180lbs and he submitted me SEVERAL times =(, but at least he couldn’t take me to the ground.

Tomorrow is GPP and Striking training, Took my first sip of Super Charger made from LABRADA and it’s awesome or it’s pure placebo, i had much gas and energy during the training.
[/quote]

Thanks for the update I was getting concerned that you were not going to share every detail.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

[quote]comus3 wrote:

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

I’m in same situation. No thanks to you. I’m left high and dry with no training updates. [/quote]

I’m not sure what your saying here, what I can tell you is that this thread has been pure troll gold.[/quote]

I was following your previous training log religiously. Many good exercise suggestions.

Today was GPP workout at the morning

It was like

Bunch of exercises to activate my glutes and get my bad shoulder warm and then went to the workout

Superset of PowerClean with Snatches
Hanging Chin-ups(?) the ones you do while holding on the smith with your feet on the ground
Burpees with Chin-ups
Cable Sprints with a Lunge in the end
Core Work

Kept heartrate high, almost puked again

This night i’ll go to submission training to work on technique only, i’m sore as hell.

Happy easter guys

If this is, in fact, for real. You also need to find out when the weigh-in is. You should be ok going from 216 to 205 but “day before” vs “day of” is huge in preparation. Especially if you’re not used to it. But really… I would say cancel it and see where you are in 6 months or a year if you really want to do this but if its just got shits and giggle, F*ck it… Go wild!

It will be 24h before weigh-in

I think with that i can get near 210lbs next week then it will be easy making weight

Friday some light sparring working on technique and evades
Saturday is GPP and after that i’ll go and do my deadlifts to see how is strength maintaining
Sunday is Rest
Monday starts all over again

BTW going to submission training right now

Hell yeah, it will be fun like hell, opps i can’t say that kinda of stuff there

Did i mention it’s going to be INSIDE a CHURCH?

In a church. That pretty much ices the cake. Someone needs to win a fight with a crucifix… yea, that would be sweet

[quote]MilSpec105 wrote:
If this is, in fact, for real[/quote]

I N T E R N E T

It will be 24h before weigh-in

I think with that i can get near 210lbs next week then it will be easy making weight

Friday some light sparring working on technique and evades
Saturday is GPP and after that i’ll go and do my deadlifts to see how is strength maintaining
Sunday is Rest
Monday starts all over again

BTW going to submission training right now

Hell yeah, it will be fun like hell, opps i can’t say that kinda of stuff there

Did i mention it’s going to be INSIDE a CHURCH?[/quote]
Pics because even I find this a little weird.