Help-Preparing For My First BB Comp

The results!

I placed third in novice middleweight, I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with probodybuilder Layne Norton.

[quote]Prisoner wrote:
Trenchant wrote:

Prisoner, I’m curious as to the choice of flax seed oil. My impression of it, in simple terms, is that it was hard for the body to process it because it has short chain fatty acids and has a low conversion rate to long chain omega-3’s. Is there a specific reason behind the flax instead of something like evoo, coconut oil, sesamin oil, or fish oil?

use whatever oil you prefer. Flax is a simple and easy choice for myself - it doesn’t taste that bad, and I don’t have to choke down those gel caps. Fish oil tastes disgusting by the way lol.

Keep in mind it is just a very small amount, using one over the other is unlikely to be the difference maker in your contest prep.
[/quote]

I love this thread, all of Pris/DG post show the difference between first and third. What a motivation! Thanks guys!

look at your legs in the pictures. They are completely smooth. Yes your upperbody was lean, but smooth washed out legs mean you were only half dieted to where you needed to be. In the future if you need assistance, I will be offering my services for a small fee :slight_smile:

Thanks, I did what I could in 12 weeks. Hell, I only knew what I was doing at around 8 or 9 weeks out. I certainly could have gotten more cut if I had a planned 16-20 week cut, but for a total of six months of prep I feel I had great results. I can’t say I regret it. This was certainly one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had.

For a first show, you should be damn proud of yourself. Now take advice from those who’ve been there before and do better next time! :slight_smile:

S

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
running isn’t a great form of cardio for a bodybuilder. you should be doing steady state on an eliptical, bike, walking treadmil, stair stepper, etc…or train with giant sets and do two in one lol

DG
[/quote]

Sorry for chiming in late but this made me curious. Do you believe that running isnt a great form of cardio for a bodybuilder because typically they’re of heavier weight making it harder on the joints and of higher intensity than it should be? I’m just curious as to why that is.