T Nation

Help Please. Found a Lump.

Hello all, my 1st time on this part of the forum but im near total freaked out of my head at the moment so bear with me.

I was meant to start a cycle of test today, but when i was rubbing the back of my left glute with a swab i ran over a bump…

Its at the very top of the glute all but connecting to the tailbone of my spine… its not sore its just a lump, no bruise no nothing.

Minute i found it, i looked in the mirror as its not sore or bruised the big C word popped into my head hence queue my distress.

Anyone have any idea WHAT ELSE it may be ?? I am fairly freaked right now and cant exactly phone a friend and ask, so i choose this place, any help appreciated.

As i said im a fair bit freaked at the moment, im not thrilled at the idea of going to the doc and asking him about this, can i just forget i found it… ???

Cheers if any of ye can help, yes i know this is the get a life section, but i ask that you try be serious for my sake, please.

Thank you.

Sounds like a pilonidal cyst

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
im not thrilled at the idea of going to the doc and asking him about this, can i just forget i found it… ???

[/quote]

No. See a doctor.

What does this cysct have to do with ???
What brings it on etc. etc. etc.
And nate i live in Ireland er people dont go to doctors for lumps on their glutes to be honest and i’d be well freaked at walking in there going here check my ass out :confused:
May try change to a female doc if i have to go that far…

Cheers for the help though.

Well it seems to be in the right place, whats the deal with these not to much info on how to treat them.
man you just removed ALOT of stress from me, i hope and pray this is what it is.

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
As i said im a fair bit freaked at the moment, im not thrilled at the idea of going to the doc and asking him about this, can i just forget i found it… ???
[/quote]

NO, why are you not thrilled at going to see a doctor? Go tomorrow.

Go to a doctor, but don’t freak out, lots on non cancerous bumps out there.
My dad has a fatty tumor (non cancerous) on his upper back that has to be drained every so often, it grows to the size of a football, looks like a hunchback.
So yeah, bumps don’t always mean cancer. but get it looked at because sometimes they do.

Ya seems to be the general concensus.
Cheers for all the pms and help here, much appreciated people.
Let you know tomorrow for those who want to know.

[quote]Reef wrote:
Sounds like a pilonidal cyst[/quote]

Sounds about right.

That hypocrite fat-ass Rush Limbaugh got out of military service by having one on his ass. Maybe you can find a use of it to your advantage. LOL

Seriously, SEE A DOCTOR!

Aren’t you training with CT right now? I just thought I saw some posts of yours in his thread about being his client…

Get over your fake pride and get your ass to the doctor.

Hello all, went to the doctor its not a cyst so i have been referred to the hospital in a week.
Im so freaked out right now i lived in the gym for 2 hrs today keeping my mind off this crap.
Then my buddy sent this to me

Everyone should watch it. All of a sudden YES im freaked really bad BUT im not going to collapse my whole life for this fucking lump.
Not yet anyway.

Yours freak-outly
Steve.

Almost wish i never EVER thought of roids, i wouldnt have found the lump i could still be ignorant.
I get the meaning of “ignorance is bliss” now
sigh

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
Almost wish i never EVER thought of roids, i wouldnt have found the lump i could still be ignorant.
I get the meaning of “ignorance is bliss” now
sigh[/quote]

Not to be a dick but when you stared shooting up this never crossed your mind?? There a reason people don’t do roids…the long term negative impact out weigh the instant gratification.

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
Hello all, went to the doctor its not a cyst so i have been referred to the hospital in a week.
Im so freaked out right now i lived in the gym for 2 hrs today keeping my mind off this crap.
Then my buddy sent this to me

Everyone should watch it. All of a sudden YES im freaked really bad BUT im not going to collapse my whole life for this fucking lump.
Not yet anyway.

Yours freak-outly
Steve.[/quote]

Mate don’t stress - has the doctor expressed any concern? This is something that can probably be cut out with much of a problem - this is 2008, not 1950.

And be glad you found it now, rather than in a year - it may not even be as bad as you think so just try to keep a cool head about it.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
Corkonian wrote:
Almost wish i never EVER thought of roids, i wouldnt have found the lump i could still be ignorant.
I get the meaning of “ignorance is bliss” now
sigh

Not to be a dick but when you stared shooting up this never crossed your mind?? There a reason people don’t do roids…the long term negative impact out weigh the instant gratification. [/quote]

Er i didn’t i found this on my 1st night of my cycle…
you think roids caused this lump… try reading before posting some idiotic comments…

[quote]rsg wrote:

Mate don’t stress - has the doctor expressed any concern? This is something that can probably be cut out with much of a problem - this is 2008, not 1950.

And be glad you found it now, rather than in a year - it may not even be as bad as you think so just try to keep a cool head about it.[/quote]

Dunno he could be a professional poker player for all the signs he gave away. Im booked in to the hospital in 6 days now, my stomach is all knotted up. I know i should NOT presume the worst but not knowing is not helping very much.

Seriously, Corky… calm down. The odds are in YOUR favor. Excessive worry and stress is bad for your immune system anyway, so forget about it until the Dr gives you reason to worry.

[quote]Reef wrote:
Sounds like a pilonidal cyst[/quote]

Same here. Is there a small hole anywhere on or around the bump? Does it bleed, or well, leak at all?

Regardless, go get it checked out.

[quote]Cron391 wrote:

Not to be a dick but when you stared shooting up this never crossed your mind?? There a reason people don’t do roids…the long term negative impact out weigh the instant gratification. [/quote]

That is utter bullshit. You are just repeating stupid ignorant myths, lies, and scare tactics spouted by other morons.