Help on Getting Back Into Squatting Heavy...

When I started to train I use to love squats they were my favorite lift. I got up to 365x4 and then hurt myself, injuring my left adductor came off a deloading stage to quickly. So I reverted to the hack squat machine for a while and then to front squats.
After a while I noticed my posterior chain was getting weaker and smaller, specifically my ass. So I started to back squat again at light weight high reps. Which is where I am now. Last week was 4 sets leading up to 265x15.
I barely feel the injury anymore unless I go really heavy.

So my question is how would be best to go from what I’m doing now into more of a 4x6 routine? The strength isnt transferring over for me as I tried 285 last week and only got 8.

*Disclaimer: I am still somewhat new to proper training, 1 1/2 yr if that of proper diet/training please take this post with that knowledge.

First off did you do any real posterior chain work (i.e. reverse hypers, glute ham raises) whilst you were injured? It seems that your posterior chain and probably adductors have weakened and atrophied significantly, so I’d suggest working on those outside of squatting to get your strength back.

As for squats, my advice is to just take it slow, don’t try and get back into heavy squats too quickly or you’ll just injure yourself again. Just gradually up the weights and decrease the reps whilst strengthening your posterior chain and adductors and you’ll be fine.

I’m no expert but this is what I’d do if it happened to me.

[quote]schaffer29 wrote:
First off did you do any real posterior chain work (i.e. reverse hypers, glute ham raises) whilst you were injured? It seems that your posterior chain and probably adductors have weakened and atrophied significantly, so I’d suggest working on those outside of squatting to get your strength back.

As for squats, my advice is to just take it slow, don’t try and get back into heavy squats too quickly or you’ll just injure yourself again. Just gradually up the weights and decrease the reps whilst strengthening your posterior chain and adductors and you’ll be fine.

I’m no expert but this is what I’d do if it happened to me.[/quote]

I kept in heavy RDLs and deadlifts during the injury period. Which caused my legs to look funny now, I was already ham dominant but my legs look laughable now. It was mainly just my glutes/quads that atrophied during the off time as I had to refrain from lunges and most quad work.

Should I do the girly adductor machine on accessory day? I mean does that actually help?

Oh and if you ever hurt your adductor stretch your groin for ~5 min everyday and ice for 20 mins before bed. I also tried grinding a tennis ball into where it hurt,not sure id recommend it, but it didnt stop until I started doing this consistently.