Help on Gaining Muscle/Weight.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
Malevolence wrote:

4 use as much weight as you can dont go over 10 reps

I think this is something that’s probably overlooked by a lot of beginners, and gym rats in general. It wasn’t until I started really pushing myself, with 3 rep sets and the likes, using weights on the fringe of what I was comfortable with… That I started to actually get strong and put on noticeable muscle mass.

10 rep sets are great for warm-ups and cool-downs, it’s also useful to help get the technique together, but as far as getting strong and growing, it’s all about constantly staying at the fringe of what you can’t do. It’s about reaching for that, and making it what you can do.

Someone give this man a medal. Thats one of the best points I’ve seen anyone write in a while
[/quote]

Totally Agree.

I’m not buying the “I eat like a madman” line, not at 6’2" and 170. Push is right. EAT MORE. And WTF??? Hot sauce? I got news for you bro, it ain’t the hot sauce. If hot sauce was that effective I’d be living on hot wings dipped in and blue cheese. Come on man…get real.

[quote]krnkid88 wrote:
Hello,

I’m an 18 year old, 6’2", 170lbs. I look incredibly skinny, with my tiny girl like wrists being the part I hate most about me.

I’ve been going to the gym for about a month or two now. I’m not quite that strong, only can bench 100lbs in 3 sets of 8 reps(hope that can give you guys an estimate to my general strength). I eat like a MADMAN, and i put hotsauce on everything( which i heard increases ones metabolism alot, which might be why im so skinnY? who knows).

So heres my question… How do i gain more weight and muscle? Just keep at it in the gym? I havent really gained any weight yet… and I eat so much as it is, I cant really fit more in… But yet im so incredibly skinny.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.[/quote]

diet - dont go overboard, theres only so much new tissue you can synthesize, anything more and you’ll gain fat, protein fruit, veggies, healthy fats

training - simple line up origin to insertion against gravity, contract and repeat, alternate intensities as %RM and also density, write down what you do so you can surpass it next time, or at lest know you did more work than the last time you worked out. realistically different muscles have different recovery abilities, experiment to find what they are and go from there

[quote]hardcoreukno0359 wrote:
anything more and you’ll gain fat, protein fruit, veggies, healthy fats
[/quote]

Totally agree. I ate too much in the past and now I spend half my gym time trying to reduce the oranges and lettuce on my thighs.

Eat eat eat. Then eat more. Not 6-8 times a day but 3-4 huge meals. Then lift heavy, basic compound multijoint lifts. Lotsa protein lotsa carbs. If you’re not uncomfertable after you eat eat more. But good food not McDonalds.