Help On First Bulking Cycle

Hello all. I began reading T-mag about a year ago in an effort to help change my dietary habits. It, and these forums, have been an invaluable resource in helping me lose body fat and gain muscle.

I have been lifting weights for about 6 years now, and I am currently 20 years old. I am planning, once football season is over, to embark on my first true bulking cycle. I know what kinds of foods to eat, where to get my essential fats, and that I will bet taking ZMA, Low-Carb Grow!, and Surge as my supplements.

I am currently 230 pounds with about 13 percent body fat (I was at 11.4 before football started, but less than ideal nutrition and a lack of being able to lift as heavily as during the off season has led to a small composition change).

My questions are as follows:
Should I try something like MAG-10? I would like to get this answer before it sells out.

I suffer from a mild case of gynecomastia and have a bit more fat than I would like. I understand that during a true bulking cycle it is expected that some fat is added, but what are good ways to help limit the amount of fat that I do add?

Is there a particular way to check and see if I’m more carb-sensitive (in terms of adding fat) than normal? I think I notice a change when I eat more carbs in terms of my fat percentage, but I don’t know if that’s just in my head or not.

I’m sure I will have more questions later, but if you could answer these I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Tank,

This should help, I really think this bad boy needs to be stickied to the Top. Lot of good info. Here.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=487126

Bulking Tips for Newbies.

Read up on this and come on back with more specific questions.

As for Mag-10. Yes it is a viable option, and a very AWESOME product, but I would hold off until you are SURE you can nail a solid routine and diet for the long haul.

Also try a search for bulking/newbie or anything close to that and you will get 100’s of threads.

Hope this helps,come on back

Phill