Hey everyone, first post in this subforum. Maybe someone has a little insight here that can help me or make me understand something I don’t see.
First off the attending physician of the clinic couldn’t explain shit to me because a) she doesn’t really know anything about the topic which is why I made sure she would collect the doctor’s recommendation who originally put me on TRT and have him decide. Aaaaand b) her German is fucking terrible. She has a super heavy Russian accent and I (and other patients) have to second guess every other word! For fucks sake she is also a therapist there! Thank god not mine though. Disclaimer because I am an angry German complaining about a foreigner: My Ex was born in Russia, my former therapist was Russian. I couldn’t care less but before accepting such a position make sure you speak the fucking language sufficiently!
So here are the things I can’t wrap my head around:
- the original lab test gave my test level as ng/ml. The latest result was presented in mg/l. That’s a difference of X * 1000! I can only assume that is a typo or otherwise my test is actually as close to zero as it gets.
- the doctor said and I quote “your test level is now lower than before the trt treatment”, which is just not true! It was 3.15 ng/ml naturally and is now at 5.5 ng/ml (assuming a typo). The recommended range on the lab result is 8.9 - 42.6 which means I am still well under!
- the doctor decided after consultating the doc who originally prescribed trt (at least she told me she talked to him on the phone, I have no idea if he saw the actual lab results or not) to stop the TRT treatment altogether. I have not received anymore testosterone gel even though they ordered it for me.
- the only thing I could kind of interpret from her try at explaining the reasoning is that it had something to do with my natural production being limited (I suggested the term natural production, so not sure here but she confirmed that’s what she wanted to say). So what I don’t get is: My natural production was not sufficient in the first place, is not high enough with external hormons and still is supposed to now go handle things on it’s own again?!
- largely unrelated to the trt: The dosage of my anti depressants was raised over two weeks ago. I am now at or close to the max dosage one should take of that stuff. Yet the lab results show (according to her) that the drug concentration in my blood has actually gone down! Even though the intake was raised from 225 mg to 300 mg. She had no explanation. I will admit I am unsure if I took the medicine the day before or not. I worried about that all day but decided to not risk taking twice the amount. So it might have happened that I didn’t take them the day before they took blood. But for a medicine which work with a certain concentration in the blood instead of an effect after taking it, could that really make the difference?
What can I do on my own about this?
I will definitely try to get through to the doc who prescribed me trt on the phone and hope that he can help me understand the decisions made and erase my doubts or admit wrong doing.
I can ask the head doctor who visits us once a week (usually on Tuesday or Monday) about it.
So thanks for sticking with me and if you have any insights, I’d appreciate it. I’ll attach both lab results for reference.
If any translation is required let me know. Freies Testosteron = free testosterone.