Help Needed - Now!

Hi,

I have been lifting on and off for the last 12 years, mostly off.
I am now 33 years old, 178 cm, 74kg and approx 15% bodyfat.
I am not the typical hardgainer, since I have some fat and short legs/arms.
I can squat 100kg for 5 reps and bench press 65 for 5 reps.

My problems has always been - not eating enough and not being consistent enough in my training - but i do have read all training books avaialable looking for the perfect program.

I have constantly reading about training but not doing enough training. I am always looking for the prefect program.

My goals are to be at 85 and with 8% body fat within ASAP.
But I have no idea how to reach my goals - or I have to many ideas on how reach my goal.

My thinking goes like this:
Scrawny to brawny - maybe but I am not that ecto.
Ian King - maybe but he feels to stregth oriented - I am “getting big and looking good naked oriented”
Defranco - maybe to much athlet preparation?

Anyone that can recommend a good program for me - anyone who has been in my shoes? all help would be greatly appreciated!

Regarding food - I trust and have read everyting from Dr John Berardi (Massive eating, PN etc) so I think i have that covered.

Thanks!

There is no perfect program. Try some of CW’s stuff. consistency for you is obviously going to be key. good luck.

[quote]Confused wrote:
My problems has always been - not eating enough and not being consistent enough in my training
[/quote]

Ummmmmmm!
Confused wrote:
My problems has always been - not eating enough and not being consistent enough in my training

And…
Confused wrote:

How about…
Confused wrote:

This could be the issue…
Confused wrote:

Looking at your post this could be whats holding you back…
Confused wrote:

I wonder if this is what the problem is…
Confused wrote:

Changing this could be the key…
Confused wrote:

Look into this…
Confused wrote:

Maybe its this and only this…
Confused wrote:

I think I narrowed it down for you!!!
Confused wrote:

[quote]bruinsdmb wrote:
There is no perfect program. Try some of CW’s stuff. consistency for you is obviously going to be key. good luck,.[/quote]

Thanks,

CW has a billion programs - which one do you recommend?
How come you recommend CW compared to S2B, Ian King etc? just trying to understand, not questioning your recommendation!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Confused wrote:

Ummmmmmm!
Confused wrote:

And…
Confused wrote:

How about…
Confused wrote:

This could be the issue…
Confused wrote:

Looking at your post this could be whats holding you back…
Confused wrote:

I wonder if this is what the problem is…
Confused wrote:

Changing this could be the key…
Confused wrote:

Look into this…
Confused wrote:

Maybe its this and only this…
Confused wrote:

I think I narrowed it down for you!!!
Confused wrote:
[/quote]

LOL. But as you can see, some people seem to get way too caiught up in which specific program they are doing…instead of simply doing something and giving it everything they have.

You won’t make any progress until you get what PGA200X wrote right.

I do understand that consistency and eating are two of the keys!
BUT - I also think that some programs are better then others and I need some help finding a program I can trust - and that suits my goals. Hypertrophy!

So do you recommend CW total body training - Ian King - CT Superhero program - S2B - or something completely different?

[quote]Confused wrote:
I do understand that consistency and eating are two of the keys!
BUT - I also think that some programs are better then others and I need some help finding a program I can trust - and that suits my goals. Hypertrophy!

So do you recommend CW total body training - Ian King - CT Superhero program - S2B - or something completely different?[/quote]

No, you stated that your goals are two different things. You want to add mass and cut your BF% in half. Which is it? Do you want more muscle or do you want to cut?

You’re an ultra-newbie to lifting becaues you’ve been inconsistant in both workout and diet. My guess is your intensity has been inconsistant or non-existant when you did workout.

Your goal is to get your body primed for working out. Any program will work but if I were you I would stick to the absolute basics. Bench (incline, decline, flat; all freeweight dumbbells and barbells), rows (barbell, cable, dumbbell), back (back extensions, rack pulls gradually lowering the pin height until you have the strength and flexibility to dead from the floor with a 45lb plate on each side), squats (start with light weight and keep ABSOLUTE perfect form since your back is probably extremely weak).

STICK with the basics!
STICK with the basics!!
STICK with the basics!!!

For good routines take a look at HST. I thought I had maxed out genetically until I found HST and then added another 15 pounds and cut my bodyfat in half within 18 months. It’s similar to Waterbury’s program but with less volume and more progressive loading. Ian King’s programs are good but still a lot of volume. Less is usually more for the average natural lifter. Stick to compounds.

There is a lot of good advice on this site in regards to nutrition.

Have your Test levels checked. If you’re sub-normal, you’re not going to gain muscle no matter what you do.

Get enough sleep.

Limit stress to the extent that you can

there is no best program, exepct the one that you do consistently and are making progression in all lifts. if you nutrition sucks and your training sucks, your body will suck

hope that helps