Help Needed ASAP! Fluid Buildup

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
retailboy wrote:
Well I hope to have patients like you one day, ones that I don’t have to explain anything just throw pills at (not really).

I only have knowledge that my MCAT studying and a 4 year Bio degree has provided me(nothing compared to Bushy). BUT I believe with your symptoms and the medication he gave you, you injected into an artery and pretty much suffocated the cells by cutting off the hemoglobin supply. This is because it formed a blood clot which could of, after some time, broken off and eventually clotted in your brain and caused a stroke. The lack of oxygen also explains the inflammation.

-RetialBoy

Hmmm, not quite.

If you injected into an artery, you would probably NOT form a clot, because it is the presence of air that triggers the clotting cascade. Oil would be fine.

Secondly, if a clot did form in an artery, you are safe from pulmonary embolus or cerebral infarction, because the clot would be travelling away from the heart and so would get ‘filtered’ by the capillary beds of whatever tissue (the hand in this case, or some deltoid muscle perhaps) it ended up in. Definitely NOT the brain or the lungs though.

A lack of oxygen does not trigger inflammation. However ischemia will cause necrosis of the O2 supply is interrupted for too long (think frostbite). The dead tissue will turn black and slough off, but not before bacteria have got into it, creating serious problems.

Bushy[/quote]

Good points. I have definitely been enlightened.

For some odd reason I was thinking an artery like the carotid which travels to the brain.

How would the bolus put pressure for that long on the vein? Wouldn’t it go away when the oil degrades into the body?

Thanks!
RetailBoy

Even if you don’t do steroids you learn a good bit about how the body works in this section!

A lot more useful than those 3 semesters of Bio classes and Labs.

[quote]retailboy wrote:
Well I hope to have patients like you one day, ones that I don’t have to explain anything just throw pills at (not really).

I only have knowledge that my MCAT studying and a 4 year Bio degree has provided me(nothing compared to Bushy). BUT I believe with your symptoms and the medication he gave you, you injected into an artery and pretty much suffocated the cells by cutting off the hemoglobin supply. This is because it formed a blood clot which could of, after some time, broken off and eventually clotted in your brain and caused a stroke. The lack of oxygen also explains the inflammation.

-RetialBoy[/quote]

I dont think i did inject into artery as i aspirated properly etc.and also its healing rapidly,dont know if its the antibiotics or all that vitamin T but i was able to use the arm today more or less as normal
and had a lightish workout for hi reps on chest,triceps etc
lots of pushups and the arm is ok,the discoloration is almost completely gone and the swelling has gone down a lot but not completely
I think the gear had a lot to do with it as well as i was using cripplingly painful stealth crap
I got new stuff yesterday and the differnce was damn near unbelievable,now i can walk after shots etc