T Nation

Help Naming a Training Business?

Hi all,
Going to be launching a part-time, home-based personal training business in the Ottawa area next spring. I have most of the equipment, am getting re-certified in the near future, plan on looking into insurance, etc.

I'm seeking your feedback on the following:
-What should it be named?
-General advice on starting a new business

Thanks,
Matt

The name should be short and interesting enough so people will remember it and it should link to the business, so people do the connection as soon as they hear or read the name.

With the name you also give dimension to the business and filter out clients, so watch that as well. If you want to run a fitness thing for "everybody", calling it "Iron Madness" or "Muscleaton" will scare away a part of the potential clients.

If you can find a good motto to go with the title, much better.

"Gym Horton's"

Molson Muscle

Perfect Fit

Fixed.

Dude, it's a Canadian business.

BUNZ HUN

Crack House

Sounds hardcore and would keep soccer moms away

Lol

OIL

The whole gimmick can be personal trainers with a tad too much body oil and no shirts....especially the women.

The Lube

Touch It

Hey, do you want people to take notice or not?

BEEF

Fashion yourself as a fitness superhero, and call yourself:

THE LARD WRANGLER

Your catchphrase can be "If you're to lazy to get out of your chair, have no fear, the Lard Wrangler is there!"

But in all seriousness, best of luck. What type of training are you planning to specialize in?

Goodlife seems to have the market cornered on the "want to lose some weight and be in shape" crowd; and those fitness bootcamps are taking a healthy bite out of the clientelle one step above that. Find yourself a niche, and excel.

WEEBE's FITNESS......AND YOUR MOTTO WOULD BE

(WEBEE TRAININ AN SHIT UP IN HAIR)

BrutusSydney187

It rolls right off the tounge.

"All In _____"

Fill in the blank with training concepts or whatever. It will be at the top of the listings, also it's short, kind of like a motto, easy to remember and to the point like another poster suggested...or stoopid lol.

Good luck OP, also try the search function, there have been a few threads regarding this topic that should help you.

Do personal training for couples and call it Matt's Marital Fitness (Or MMF for short).

Thanks everyone. I was leaning towards something like peak or pinnacle fitness (along the lines of reaching your max potential) but I agree it may not be easy to understand or catchy..hmmmmm