T Nation

Help! Name That Equipment (Rocky III)

In Rocky III, the champ is using a leg machine I always wondered what the hell was. You cant see it fully, but i am sure some of you know what it is..

See clip:

- at 1:48 minutes.

Or see attached picture...

Thank you!

I’m pretty sure that’s a Ronco Butt-Flexmaster 3000 circa 1975, only 200 were ever made. It was one of the first exercise machines to feature Ronco’s patented “Central Oscillating Cam” or COC. Cursed with reliability issues it was later replaced by an “Auxiliary In-line Drive Shaft” or AIDS. It never caught on and production ceased in 1983.

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
I’m pretty sure that’s a Ronco Butt-Flexmaster 3000 circa 1975, only 200 were ever made. It was one of the first exercise machines to feature Ronco’s patented “Central Oscillating Cam” or COC. Cursed with reliability issues it was later replaced by an “Auxiliary In-line Drive Shaft” or AIDS. It never caught on and production ceased in 1983.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just a bit of a nit-pick, but AIDS was just getting started in 1983.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who said anything about the disease it’s just an acronym.

Man I bet you’re a barrel of laughs in real life. Don’t you have some kids to tell that Father Christmas doesn’t exist?

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

To nit pick your nit pick

FarmerBrett - Thank You!

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who said anything about the disease it’s just an acronym.

Man I bet you’re a barrel of laughs in real life. Don’t you have some kids to tell that Father Christmas doesn’t exist?[/quote]

u mad bro? lmao

I don’t know what it’s called, but Rocky should have listened to Mick’s advice, gotten “the hell out of that creep joint!”, and started training in a real gym. No wonder Mr. T punished him so…

[quote]Screwface wrote:
FarmerBrett - Thank You![/quote]

Really? First posts in 6 years and it’s to ask about some obsolete butt machine that has something to do with AIDs? Nice.

[quote]Screwface wrote:
FarmerBrett - Thank You![/quote]

Wait. Farmer Brett made al that shit up, didn’t he?

When I was a in HS we called that thing The Runner. The owner of this gym would use that thing to punish kids if they dropped their weights.

i thought it was just a stationary bike set to a high resistance