Help, My Wife Listens to Kate Harding

My wife is an avid reader of the Kate Harding blog. If you haven’t heard of it, she’s basically a feminist who preaches that fat girls shouldn’t have to change for anyone, and they’re healthier fat than they would be skinny. Here are some typical rants:

http://kateharding.net/but-dont-you-realize-fat-is-unhealthy/

http://kateharding.net/2008/08/19/why-people-hate-the-gym/

My wife goes to the gym almost every day, but she’s doing almost everything wrong with her diet. Skipping breakfast, high carbs, cereal before bed, cheat meals 2-6 times a week, buys ice cream when she does the shopping, etc.

I’m trying to convince her to watch her diet, but the only time she’s made any progress was by cutting down to 1200 calories a day, starving on carrot sticks and using cardio machines every day. She doesn’t want to do that again when it will all come right back (due to her poor eating habits and willpower). She ended up gaining it all back over the five years we’ve been married.

How do I convince her that her weight might really be unhealthy, not to mention she would look better naked if she weighed less than me?

Thanks for any suggestions.

[quote]synthetic wrote:
My wife is an avid reader of the Kate Harding blog. If you haven’t heard of it, she’s basically a feminist who preaches that fat girls shouldn’t have to change for anyone, and they’re healthier fat than they would be skinny. Here are some typical rants:

http://kateharding.net/but-dont-you-realize-fat-is-unhealthy/

http://kateharding.net/2008/08/19/why-people-hate-the-gym/

My wife goes to the gym almost every day, but she’s doing almost everything wrong with her diet. Skipping breakfast, high carbs, cereal before bed, cheat meals 2-6 times a week, buys ice cream when she does the shopping, etc.

I’m trying to convince her to watch her diet, but the only time she’s made any progress was by cutting down to 1200 calories a day, starving on carrot sticks and using cardio machines every day. She doesn’t want to do that again when it will all come right back (due to her poor eating habits and willpower). She ended up gaining it all back over the five years we’ve been married.

How do I convince her that her weight might really be unhealthy, not to mention she would look better naked if she weighed less than me?

Thanks for any suggestions.
[/quote]

I think you have just successfully given me my daily dose of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

However I shall resist writing a massive long rant.

You could try digging out studies but that can often come across as a bit too aggressive in my experience. Your average person who does not enjoy weighing food and watching macro nutrients to the gram will generally find this a bit too intense…

I have had better results from encouraging girls to get into a sporting activity… If possible on a competitive level.

I once got an ex of mine into judo… body composition started to shift subtly week by week and she was having a tonne of fun. The desire to get better at a physical discipline was enough for her to make some subtle changes in her lifestyle diet. She smoked a little less, drunk a little less alcohol, tried to do some other form of exercise a couple of times a week…

On a vaguely related note:

Why did you marry a weak willed woman who doesn’t care about her body?

That kate Harding woman has SO many incorrect points in her rants. I could easily blow her arguments right out of the water.

Seriously. Fat people are just weak willed. But they just don’t want to admit it.

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
That kate Harding woman has SO many incorrect points in her rants. I could easily blow her arguments right out of the water.

Seriously. Fat people are just weak willed. But they just don’t want to admit it.[/quote]

I remember when they had the music video for “Big Girl” by that testosterone starved Mika fag in my gym.

Last time I forgot my MP3 player.

Incase you haven’t heard this faggotry before:

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Alquemist wrote:

Seriously. Fat people are just weak willed. But they just don’t want to admit it.

I remember when they had the music video for “Big Girl” by that testosterone starved Mika fag in my gym.

I remember it paying in my old gym. I started laughing, then this fat woman came up to me and said “you really shouldn’t laugh - big people ARE beautiful too”.

I was floored.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Alquemist wrote:

Who is this retarded person anyway, and why the fuck would anyone listen to her? ARGH! It’s annoys me to no end when people are this fucking stupid and ignorant.

…and yes, Mika’s music sucks donkey dick.

that link in Benmoores post has seriously contaminated these forums

someone notify the Emergency Hyperlink Removal Team…STAT

cant fuckin’ believe I clicked it

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Why did you marry a weak willed woman who doesn’t care about her body? [/quote]

/thread

I IZ A FREAKS OF TEH NATURES!!!

In all seriousness, forget that this blog is laced with inaccuracies about nutrition and body composition changes for a second, the seemingly underlying theme is that you are unable to change and better yourself if you so choose. That is fucking depressing as all hell. I say cry havoc, and put Shugs on their crazy fat asses.

I think fat people should be regulated by the government until they get into shape. =D one can dream I suppose

Here’s the fatty herself.

I believe Shugs said in the fat loss roundtable, the solution to get fat woman into shape is stop having sex with them! So maybe you should start by withholding the dick from her? Sound easy enough to me.

Almost nothing pisses me off as much as women, acting like arrogant entitlement bitches over everything that justifies their lazy behavior, just because they’re women. I have friends who think like this and it totally appalls me.

I guess I should be content knowing I’m much happier than she will ever be. There’s a lot of bitterness in those blogs.

Let the fat and proud wallow in the consequences of their own attempted self acceptance. They’ll never be able to reconcile though that it’s okay to be fat and lazy yet they can’t find a guy to whom they’re strongly attracted who feels the same way. Unless they keep it together until just after marriage. Sorry OP.

Try beating her with assorted lunch meats.
If she cries and says she’ll change, there’s hope. If she eats the lunch meats as you’re still hitting her with more, get the hell out.

wow. I made it down about a full page before I 'x’ed out of the window. The woman’s simply an idiot. How many times have you gotten into an argument with someone whose ‘proof’ is totally invalid.

Sadly some people need others of ‘authority’ to latch onto in order to make themselves feel better, and to some, anyone with a blog, or radio show, or advice column, has some type of authority.

S

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
I believe Shugs said in the fat loss roundtable, the solution to get fat woman into shape is stop having sex with them! So maybe you should start by withholding the dick from her? Sound easy enough to me.[/quote]
epic win.

heh. i wonder what kind of dickless guy goes out with that Harding woman.

[quote]dexslave wrote:
heh. i wonder what kind of dickless guy goes out with that Harding woman.[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/myTNation.do?id=209182

Divorce the bitch.