Help My Arms Grow

I have not posted much here but I read here all the time. I have a steady workout routine that I switch up all them time and my results have been good. But my arms haven’t really grown over the years. I lift three times a week now and was thinking of adding two more days of just arms workouts.

Question is what are the best exercises to grow my arms? A great arm workout would be awesome. Thanks again for all the great information.

Ian King has a 12 week guns program
as does Polquin, and Thib.
Be nice if you put some stats up , to see if you really need to gain mass in the arms.

Pick a weight you can do for 5 reps and get 10 reps with it. Do that with close grip bench, dips and barbell curls. Eat enough so that you gain 5 lbs in about the same ammount of time it takes you do take your 5 rep maxes and turn them into to 10 rep maxes. Once you can do the reps for 10 raise the weight so that you can only do 5 reps with the various excercises.

Complete this 3-4 times and you should have at least a inch on your arms.

So for a example workout,

Close grip bench
225 x 5 Rep max
205 x 8
185 x 10

Barbell curls
135 x 5 Rep max
115 x 8
95 x 11

Dips
225 x 5 Rep max
200 x 10
200 x 8

Then finnish it off with some pump up excercises…

cable curls
2 x 20

pushdowns
2 x 20

The key is gaining 15-20lbs while getting significantly stronger.

[quote]flyfishin4trout wrote:
I have not posted much here but I read here all the time. I have a steady workout routine that I switch up all them time and my results have been good. But my arms haven’t really grown over the years. I lift three times a week now and was thinking of adding two more days of just arms workouts.

Question is what are the best exercises to grow my arms? A great arm workout would be awesome. Thanks again for all the great information. [/quote]

Weighted chins and dips.

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
Ian King has a 12 week guns program
as does Poliquin, and Thib.
Be nice if you put some stats up , to see if you really need to gain mass in the arms.[/quote]

The Poliquin program put 1/2 in. on my arms in 3 weeks an inch in 5 . . .
And the pain was “Exquisite”
=Thanks T-Nation for a cornucopia of information=

Has your bodyweight increased in past couple years? Arms don’t pull mass from nowhere. One current estimate is that you need to add 15 pounds of muscle to gain an inch on your arms.

The “best arm program” won’t add mass if you aren’t eating enough. Make sure you are focusing on nutrition and enough nutrition. Good luck; let us know how it goes.

[quote]flyfishin4trout wrote:

Question is what are the best exercises to grow my arms? A great arm workout would be awesome. Thanks again for all the great information. [/quote]

What is your ht. and wt? What are your goals? What is your diet and your training routine. Give us something to work with before we start throwing out suggestions.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Has your bodyweight increased in past couple years? Arms don’t pull mass from nowhere. One current estimate is that you need to add 15 pounds of muscle to gain an inch on your arms.

The “best arm program” won’t add mass if you aren’t eating enough. Make sure you are focusing on nutrition and enough nutrition. Good luck; let us know how it goes.[/quote]

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Adding overall bodyweight is the fastest way to “make your arms grow”.

Eat big, train with intensity and get quality sleep.

Olesya
WWW.MUSCLEWITHATTITUDE.COM

Change your handle to “trollin4marlin” =]

3x’s a week Wow!in order for your arms to get bigger you need to take some time off them to let grow and eat a shit load!

could you give a link to poliquin’s article? thanks

[quote]toejam wrote:
could you give a link to poliquin’s article? thanks[/quote]

It’s called:

Arm Yourself!
by Charles Poliquin

Solid