Phase 2: Strength

Duration: at least 4 weeks
Volume: 3-5x4-8 with 1.5 to 2 minutes rest
Intensity: 80-90% max

Phase 3: Power

Duration: 3-4 weeks
Volume: 3-5x2-5 with 2-3 minutes rest
Intensity: 75-95% max
Rest for a week and then repeat the cycle to continue making strength gains.

I want to use this guide for perioidization and apply it to my current training routine “Coolcicadas PPL”

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I usually do either P/P/L [REST] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

My thought is that I will replace the rep/set number(3x5, 3x8-10, 3x12-15) with the following

Phase 1: 3x10-12, 3x10-12, 3x12-15
Phase 2: 4x5-6, 3x8-10, 3x10-12
Phase 3: 5x2-5, 4x6-8, 3x8-10

Also how will I progress how much weight should I add each workout/phase and should every re be a % of my 1rm ie: Phase on work at 60% of 1rm ect and should I change the workout excersises depending on the phase
Any input is greatly appreciated

looks alright to me. A little overly complicated for my tastes, but I can understand your reasoning.

Were I to try to divide my training into hypertrophy, strength and power, my day would just be something like:

-Explosive lift to start, ramping up until bar speed slowed
-A heavy lift working up to a heavy 3 or 5
-High rep accessory lift complementing the heavy yin
-Pump work for sexy bits

And that’d take care of pretty much everything, but loads of people do it the way you do it so if it’s what you want to do, have at it. I don’t give a shit about “athletic” qualities like power, or even really strength (as expressed by a 1RM), so I’m just trying to get stronger in the 6-20 rep range all the time.

Hard to say. Depends what % of your max you’re starting at. Only trial and error can tell you this but I’ll warn you that simply trying to add weight every workout will get stale pretty quickly. Consider the autoregulation style of ramping (Thibaudeau has written tons about it).

Can do if you like. Not a necessity though, and if there’s an exercise working for you which you really like then you don’t need to change it if you don’t want.

Thanks for clearing some things up for me. I have decided to swap out the P/P/L inside Phase 3 for “weindler 4 week 5/3/1 program” to get the most out of that part.

Also one of the reasons I’m not doing it the way you described "[quote=“Yogi1, post:2, topic:218652”]
Were I to try to divide my training into hypertrophy, strength and power, my day would just be something like:

-Explosive lift to start, ramping up until bar speed slowed-A heavy lift working up to a heavy 3 or 5-High rep accessory lift complementing the heavy yin-Pump work for sexy bits
[/quote]

Is because I recently injured my scapula and think that these 4 weeks in phase 1 of higher rep work will give me enough time for the injury to go away.

Don’t miss this piece of Chris Thibaudeau’s - basically a complete reference to rep schemes.

can’t go too far wrong with a 5/3/1 variation. I’ve not kept up to speed with the newer versions but the original was a bad motherfucker.

I will say that 6 strength workouts a week might be a total bitch to recover from so don’t be scared to train less.

As for the scapula thing - be proactive. Do some corrective stuff every day. Don’t expect it to just get better on its own. You need to fix what caused the injury in the first place. Believe me, I know.

Phase I Build Out
-5/3/1 with Rep PR’s, 2 cycles. Increase reps week to week on assistance exercises. Jump and throw for power.

Phase II Build Up
-5’s Pro with First Set Last. 2 cycles. Increase weight week to week on assistance exercises. Jump and throw for power.

Phase III See if It Worked
3/5/1, minimum required reps, with a couple jokers week 1 and 3 to see how strong you are.

Super conveniently, this is 5 cycles forward. Then, when you adjust 3 cycles back, you start doing Rep PR’s again, exactly where you stopped doing Rep PR’s, 3 cycles ago.