Help Me with Chick Supps

shes a crazy runner-athlete with stubburn fat on lower ab, things are starting to progress as she started to actuallly fallow my advice, she is on lipo6 … i am planning on putting her on HOT-ROX Extreme and Se7en its called. does anyone know anything about this out here that could tell me if this will work number one and number two is it alright to run in conjunction?

she was three sport athlete in college and still runs 5 or so miles a day . current fat burner is running out as results are starting to show from vigurous ab routines, but want to now swith her to something that will give her that leg up she wants going into summer as she is a beach bum.
all help is greatly appreciatted thankyou

Fat burners (stims) are the last thing she needs. She should be on a hardcore cortisol lowering regimen if she wants to continue run long distances and be lean.

I recommend you give her the T-Nation.com address so she can learn about different supplements and training programs. As a collegiate athlete, she could really benefit from learning about her different options. The articles are quick and fun to read, even for a stressed out student. Compliance with any training or supplement regimen will also be greater if she chooses them herself.

An ounce of education is worth a pound of advice.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
Fat burners (stims) are the last thing she needs. She should be on a hardcore cortisol lowering regimen if she wants to continue run long distances and be lean. [/quote]

x2. does she lift weight at all?

if anything cut back on the daily running and add in weights if she’s not

[quote]eroica wrote:
I recommend you give her the T-Nation.com address so she can learn about different supplements and training programs. As a collegiate athlete, she could really benefit from learning about her different options. The articles are quick and fun to read, even for a stressed out student. Compliance with any training or supplement regimen will also be greater if she chooses them herself.

An ounce of education is worth a pound of advice.[/quote]

Agreed, although it wouldn’t hurt to recommend Se7en to her.

[quote]vanduser wrote:
shes a crazy runner-athlete with stubburn fat on lower ab, [/quote]

this is exactly my problem! i ordered everything for the V-Diet, so i’m planning to give up running for 28 days while i do that…

i’ve read a lot about HOT-ROX and am excited to start taking it… can anyone fill me in on what se7en can do for me?

ok i didnt give enough info- she is 29 yrs old now- she is in extremly good shape, she has now been lifting with me about 5 times a week and running less using the HIIT routine instead of straight outs- she lifts and i push her to lift heavy as possible pyramiding up and crushing out 20 reps on set 5 or “burn” set.

she has made huge leaps … the thing i dont think i made clear is her entire body was great, except she had a roll of fat on her lower ab…
this has now after working out with me and changing her diets exc exc… has made vast improvements my estimate well shes from 127 to 121 but has minimum put on 2 lean lbs…

my question is should i cease with fat burners and move to something like T3 she is serious about it –
i need someone with experience with fitness models and or bodybuilder with aas knowledge to tell me about T3 a little more—

as far as workouts, diet and basic supps i have that covered-- i need to know about advanced supps for women…

haha… thomas gabriel is my uncles name. anyway, cant remember who wrote about chemical solutions to biological problems… but supplements are unnecessary.

send the fine young thing my way…ill take a couplea pounds off her heh

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Thomas Gabriel wrote:
Fat burners (stims) are the last thing she needs. She should be on a hardcore cortisol lowering regimen if she wants to continue run long distances and be lean.

x2. does she lift weight at all?

if anything cut back on the daily running and add in weights if she’s not[/quote]

This is exactly correct! Stubborn lowerabdominal fat is commonly associated with low cortisol and according to some of the newer research I have seen lower levels of growth hormone levels as well. The fat burners (lipo 6 and HOT-ROX) and too much running will only serve to exasperate this situation. Aerobic training increases oxidative stress which can accelerate aging. According to Endocrinologist Dr. Diana Schwarzbein (author of The Schwarzbein Principle II) â??oxidationâ?? is a process that forms free radicals in the body. Aerobic training increases adrenal stress which can LEAD you TO OVERWEIGHT and produce other undesirable health consequences.

According to Dr. James Wilson (author of Adrenal Fatigue â?? The 21st. Century Stress Syndrome) â??normally functioning adrenal glands secrete minute, yet precise and balanced, amounts of steroid hormonesâ??. When one does too much continuous aerobic exercise, the adrenal glands are stressed in a way that can upset this delicate balance which could lead to adrenal fatigue. Adrenal fatigue is associated with such symptoms as: tiredness, fearfulness, allergies, frequent influenza, arthritis, anxiety, depression, reduced memory and difficulties in concentrating, insomnia, feeling worn-out, and most importantly - with respect to this article - the inability to lose weight after extensive efforts.â??

Aerobic training increases body fat in stressed individuals by contributing additional stress.
Aerobic training worsens testosterone/cortisol ratio which impedes your ability to add fat burning lean muscle.

When the testosterone/cortisol ratio is lowered your ability to add lean muscle tissue, which helps to increase caloric expenditure, is again hampered making weight loss much more difficult. Coach Poliquin notes that â??continuous aerobic work is basically exercise induced castration!â??

There is a link between high cortisol levels and storage of body fat, particularly â??visceralâ?? abdominal body fat (also known as intra-abdominal fat). Visceral fat is stored deeper in the abdominal cavity and around the internal organs, whereas â??regularâ?? fat is stored below the skin (known as subcutaneous fat). Visceral fat is particularly unhealthy because it is a risk factor for heart disease and diabetes.

Some simple things that would likely help her out if she is not already doing them:

Avoid very low calorie diets, especially for prolonged periods of time. Low calorie dieting is a major stress to the body. Low calorie diets increase cortisol while decreasing testosterone.
Use stress reduction techniques (stress, anger, anxiety, and fear can raise cortisol)
Avoid continuous stress. Stress is an important part of growth. It’s when you remain under constant stress without periods of recovery that you begin breaking down.
Avoid overtraining by keeping workouts intense, but brief (cortisol rises sharply after 45-60 min of strength training)
Avoid overtraining by matching your intensity, volume and duration to your recovery ability. Decrease your training frequency, and or take a layoff if necessary.
Suppress cortisol and maximize recovery after workouts with proper nutrition: Consume a carb-protein meal or drink immediately after your workout.
Get plenty of quality sleep (sleep deprivation, as a stressor, can raise cortisol).
Avoid or minimize use of stimulants; caffeine, ephedrine, synephrine, etc.
Limit alcohol (large doses of alcohol elevate cortisol).
Stay well hydrated (at least one study has suggested that dehydration may raise cortisol).

In terms of supplements without knowing what her sleep/ wake/ energy cycle is like it is hard to say what I would do. One example I might suggest with her if she had low morning energy would be:
1.) 10 grams of Krill Oil (Olympian Labs)
2.) 400 mg PS (after workout and before bed)(Biotest or any other brand)
3.) Multi Intense Multi-Vitamin 2 with BFST 2 with Dinner (Poliquin)
4.) Primal Greens (or a quality greens supplement) 1 Tablespoon with meals (Designs for health or Poliquin)
5.) Glycine (5-10 grams per meal) (www.bulknutrition.com)

So there you have it! A simple but effective way to get rid of that stubborn lower boy fat and lower cortisol!

Yea I will echo all of the above. She doesn’t need a fat burner. Nix the distance running and get her in the gym lifting heavy weights. She will like the results.

Try fish oil. It did wonders for my abs.

Plus more situps. And more situps. Make sure they’re all different styles every day though, not just the same shit each time. And since she’s doing so many situps, have her do deadlifts once/week too.

Great post laroyal!