T Nation

Help Me Supress My Appetite.

Right now I’m trying to lean up and I’m constantly hungry. Is there any supplement out there entirely dedicated to staving off hunger cravings?

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Right now I’m trying to lean up and I’m constantly hungry. Is there any supplement out there entirely dedicated to staving off hunger cravings? [/quote]

I had just made a mention of this in another thread.
apple cider vinegar 2-3 tablespoons before you eat in the am and my hunger is not an issue all day.

also HOT-ROX is a good product.
when I do nopt have HOT-ROX I use a product called natures white cross,it is little more than green tea extract,it is alot of caffine in it.

It depends what you are getting cravings for. A lot of time if you are craving salty foods your adrenals are depleted, if you are craving chocolate you are deficient in magnesium, if you are just hungry in general more fiber (specifically vegtables) and good fats will help by slowing down the digestive process.

What does Skip say?

Glucomannan, aka Konjac Root aka PGX

[quote]Nich wrote:
esk221 wrote:
Right now I’m trying to lean up and I’m constantly hungry. Is there any supplement out there entirely dedicated to staving off hunger cravings?

I had just made a mention of this in another thread.
apple cider vinegar 2-3 tablespoons before you eat in the am and my hunger is not an issue all day.

also HOT-ROX is a good product.
when I do nopt have HOT-ROX I use a product called natures white cross,it is little more than green tea extract,it is alot of caffine in it.[/quote]

HOT-ROX makes me ravenous. If you’re already hungry, I wouldn’t recommend it, at least not to suppress appetite.

Honestly, if you’re constantly hungry, perhaps you’re not eating enough food. How much are you eating?

Vicomte may be right. Leaning up or not, you might be really under consuming.

If that’s not the case, check your fiber intake. If I’m eating a meal that’s really low volume, sometimes I’ll take psyllium husk (the active ingredient in Metamucil) with it, to add some bulk, and make me feel fuller.

Rimonabant

[quote]Scott M wrote:
What does Skip say?
[/quote]

He thinks I might need to move my protein/fat meals closer together.

vanadyl sulfate look into it have a lot of benefits for working out to but it also regulates blood sugar and can help you from feeling so hungry

[quote]laroyal wrote:
It depends what you are getting cravings for. A lot of time if you are craving salty foods your adrenals are depleted, if you are craving chocolate you are deficient in magnesium, if you are just hungry in general more fiber (specifically vegtables) and good fats will help by slowing down the digestive process. [/quote]

This is interesting. I usually crave nuts (no homo). I mean, there’s worse things to eat a bunch of, but excess calories are excess calories. What can I do if my adrenals are depleted?

dont take any caffaine if your worried about your adrenals.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

HOT-ROX makes me ravenous. If you’re already hungry, I wouldn’t recommend it, at least not to suppress appetite.

[/quote]

HAH! I thought I was the only one! Even HOT-ROX Extreme doesn’t work.

This is a topic that effects me to distraction, and has been a problem my whole life. I always seem to be hungry. It’s never been a problem before, because I never seemed to gain bodyfat. But now I do. I need to stay between 2000 and 2500 cals per day. My diet is clean, and I eat often, but it’s not satisfying.

I’ve tried everything mentioned so far, including massive doses of caffeine. Nothing works for me except amphetamines, Ritalin, cocaine and I’ve already done enough damage to myself from using all these.

I have not found any legal substance that works since ephedra was taken off the market, and the raw ma huang from the Chinese market doesn’t pack the same punch as the extracted alkaloid.

I should be a research subject for a metabolic study.

[quote]NaturalBeast275 wrote:
dont take any caffaine if your worried about your adrenals.[/quote]

Why don’t you tell a fish to walk on land while you’re at it!

[quote]esk221 wrote:
laroyal wrote:
It depends what you are getting cravings for. A lot of time if you are craving salty foods your adrenals are depleted, if you are craving chocolate you are deficient in magnesium, if you are just hungry in general more fiber (specifically vegtables) and good fats will help by slowing down the digestive process.

This is interesting. I usually crave nuts (no homo). I mean, there’s worse things to eat a bunch of, but excess calories are excess calories. What can I do if my adrenals are depleted?[/quote]

Nuts and red meat help replenish acetylcholine so they are not a bad food. In terms of your question about replenishing your adrenals I would do a couple of things to start. First thing in the morning drink 1/2 litre h2o with lime juice and 1 tsp grey celtic sea salt.

2 Bump your vitamin C up (I would say around 10-20grams depending on your current intake, if you jump into 20 grams from an intake of 5 you will have the doo doo squirts and personally I would rather be tired) maintain this dse for 5 days. I would also up your intake of Pantethine, this is particullarily effective if your DHEA/Cortisol levels are low. PS 400-800mg before bed is good too.

[quote]NaturalBeast275 wrote:
dont take any caffaine if your worried about your adrenals.[/quote]

The actual amount of adrenal fatigue dirrectly coorelated to caffine (except extreme cases) is quite low. Coffee is good for raising insulin sensitivity, unique antioxidants, and bitter herbs. I don’t have people cut caffine out unless we are talking stage 7 adrenal fatigue and even then it is temporary.

A better approach is managing caffine intake. Drink fresh percolated coffee first thing in the morning with HEAVY cream (this slows the release) or 1 T coconut oil (good for resetting thyroid). If you need to cut out coffee I would suggest something like Yang-r-ala or procosanoid.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

This is a topic that effects me to distraction, and has been a problem my whole life. I always seem to be hungry. It’s never been a problem before, because I never seemed to gain bodyfat. But now I do. I need to stay between 2000 and 2500 cals per day. My diet is clean, and I eat often, but it’s not satisfying.

I’ve tried everything mentioned so far, including massive doses of caffeine. Nothing works for me except amphetamines, Ritalin, cocaine and I’ve already done enough damage to myself from using all these.

I have not found any legal substance that works since ephedra was taken off the market, and the raw ma huang from the Chinese market doesn’t pack the same punch as the extracted alkaloid.

[/quote]

Fuck, I’m always hungry, even on 3000 cals low-carb. HRX doesn’t seem to do much for me, either.

Perhaps I should try coke?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Fuck, I’m always hungry, even on 3000 cals low-carb. HRX doesn’t seem to do much for me, either.

Perhaps I should try coke?[/quote]

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but am genuinely interested: why would you take HOT-ROX when you weigh 150lbs?

jpb

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Perhaps I should try coke?[/quote]

No. You’d like it too much.

Taking all that crank ruined my CNS permanently.
And that’s no joke.

[quote]jpb wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Vicomte wrote:

Perhaps I should try coke?

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but am genuinely interested: why would you take HOT-ROX when you weigh 150lbs?

jpb[/quote]

More fat than I’d like, thought it would help get it off, naturally. Same reason a 250 pound guy would take it.

Didn’t work. I’m eating much foods now, it’s okay. I expect that number to climb soon.