Help Me Set Up For V-Diet

Thinking about doing the V-diet and I am trying to make sure I have it all down.

I weigh about 175 or so and am at about 12% bodyfat looking to get really lean for once in my life.

Using the formula it looks like I should be aiming for 1300 - 1600 calories.

The supps I think I need are Metabolic Drive, HOT-ROX (not sure which brand), milled flax seed and salmon capsules.

Anything I’m missing out on or any advice for me. Is there anything i’m missing as far as supps go???

Any info greatly appreciated. I still have to figure out how much of what to take each day so I know how much of the supps to order. Has anyone with my calorie range done this that can let me know how much they used over 4 weeks… thanks

shoot… sorry… i see it says Metabolic Drive and Surge

i’ve found a few different articles conerning the V-diet and am confusing myself…

anyone have the breakdown for what is neccessary for me.

Remember to get low carb Metabolic Drive and not Metabolic Drive complete. A fiber supplement is a good idea too. It doesn’t really matter which HOT-ROX you use. They’ll both work, but remember to start on a low dose.

thanks.
next question… I typically get up at 5:20 and go straight to the gym… should I have a Metabolic Drive shake right upon waking up and then have my surge immediately post workout?

5:30 Metabolic Drive
6:45 Surge
9:45 Metabolic Drive

Thanks so far for helping me get straightened out.

Yes. Down 1 of the shakes right after waking, and have your serving of Surge during/after workout.

ok here’s what i’m looking at…

workout days:
5 shakes 2 scoops each
1 serving Surge
4 servings milled flaxseed
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
totals: 1580 calories
237 grams protein
102 grams carbs
36 grams fat

non-workout days
5 shakes 2 scoops each
6 servings milled flaxseed
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
totals: 1360 calories
64 grams carbs
218 grams protein
42 grams fat

seems that the carbs are a bit high for the workout day, but i don’t see any way around it…

does everything above look right? thanks again for the feedback!!!

[quote]reagan123 wrote:

workout days:
5 shakes 2 scoops each
1 serving Surge
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
237 grams protein
102 grams carbs
36 grams fat

non-workout days
5 shakes 2 scoops each
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
64 grams carbs
218 grams protein
42 grams fat

seems that the carbs are a bit high for the workout day, but i don’t see any way around it…

does everything above look right? thanks again for the feedback!!![/quote]

Try flaxseed MEAL instead of the milled kind, meal only has fiber for carbs. Also, consider replacing a scoop of protein powder at night for a tablespoon of natural peanut butter… it’s practically the treat of the day, and will provide some monounsaturated fats for a bit of balance. Otherwise, seems about right.

I second using the flax meal. Not for the carb/fiber reason given, but simply because it mixes better in the shakes.

[quote]Houshin Akai wrote:
reagan123 wrote:

workout days:
5 shakes 2 scoops each
1 serving Surge
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
237 grams protein
102 grams carbs
36 grams fat

non-workout days
5 shakes 2 scoops each
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
64 grams carbs
218 grams protein
42 grams fat

does everything above look right? thanks again for the feedback!!!

Try flaxseed MEAL instead of the milled kind, meal only has fiber for carbs. Also, consider replacing a scoop of protein powder at night for a tablespoon of natural peanut butter… it’s practically the treat of the day, and will provide some monounsaturated fats for a bit of balance. Otherwise, seems about right.[/quote]

I agree. Your fats seem a little low to me while your protein is a tad high. I know it meets the original calculations of the diet, but things have since been refined.

Also- your carbs look fine. You are but a mere 2 over the 100 cap Shugs put on it. One thing though- you may be over doing it on the flaxseed.

I second the flaxmeal for mixing purposes and suggest you just put it in each shake (so only 5 servings). How did you plan on having 6 servings of flaxseed with only 5 shakes anyway?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
How did you plan on having 6 servings of flaxseed with only 5 shakes anyway?[/quote]

Eat it raw, a spoonful in the mouth, a gulp of water/shake. I love the stuff. With a vanilla shake, its almost like milk-and-cereal.

once again, thanks for the feedback… the thing with me and peanut butter is that it’s a trigger food for me… it typically causes me to end up binging… I know, I need more control, but it’s the one food that really messes with me

I’ll look into all of these suggestions and do a slight improvisition and see what I come up with.

any other info is appreciated… if anyone has a better plan as far as what to take daily go ahead and post that too… i’m better at following thing than figuring things out :slight_smile:

Thanks again!!!

I am just halfway through the v-diet and have a spreadsheet created with all the Biotest info that you can use to figure out what to order/keep track of daily calories, etc. PM me if you would like a copy.

[quote]Houshin Akai wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
How did you plan on having 6 servings of flaxseed with only 5 shakes anyway?

Eat it raw, a spoonful in the mouth, a gulp of water/shake. I love the stuff. With a vanilla shake, its almost like milk-and-cereal.[/quote]

Have you ever actually eaten cereal before? :slight_smile:

Is the V-Diet supposed to be used if you’re at 12% BF? Maybe it is, but I can’t remember.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Is the V-Diet supposed to be used if you’re at 12% BF? Maybe it is, but I can’t remember.[/quote]

I think Chris originally wrote it for people who were relatively lean, and wanted to get real lean, but so many fat guys (like me) had success with it, it became one of the best jump-start diets for those who needed to lose a lot of fat.

I was wondering the same thing… I thought I read it was good to get to single digit bf… something i’ve never done.

One snag… Looks like I may have to travel a week during the diet (week 3)… flying… not sure how to get the supps to my destination.

has anyone dealt with this?
thanks

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Is the V-Diet supposed to be used if you’re at 12% BF? Maybe it is, but I can’t remember.[/quote]

Sure. It works well for anyone at any BF% level.

[quote]reagan123 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing… I thought I read it was good to get to single digit bf… something i’ve never done.

One snag… Looks like I may have to travel a week during the diet (week 3)… flying… not sure how to get the supps to my destination.

has anyone dealt with this?
thanks[/quote]

If you pack the entire container of M-Drive in your suitcase you shouldn’t have any issues.

Otherwise are you going somewhere that you can mail the stuff to yourself beforehand? Or is there a store you can go buy some protein at when you get there? For this one week it would be better to use crap protein than go off the diet, especially once you make it to week 3.

good thoughts… maybe i can mail it to my hotel ahead of time… i’ll be in alameda california for 4 days.

thanks for the suggestions…

This diet should be even easier when traveling. I have more trouble finding “prepared” healthy food when traveling. here you have the easier form of nutrition…shakes. There has got to be a way to take enough powder and pills with you. I think you’ll manage. Good luck.