Help Me Revise My Diet

i am 21 5’8’’ 230 lbs im trying to drop about 15 to 20 lbs. i have been training off and on for about 5 years and my foundation is pretty solid. my recent diet has been consisting of

breakfast: protein smoothie made with mixed 100% fruit juice and low fat yogurt

9:30 protein smoothie

12:00 Peanut butter sandwich either with a fruit preserve or banana and 2 pieces of fruit

• made with whole wheat bread
    after workout mid afternoon another protein smoothie

dinner is either a large salad with chicken or a lean beef with fresh veggies fresh fruit

before bed i drink another protein smoothie

i have lost 8 lbs so far i was consuming about 5,000 calories a day

i have been drinking anywhere from 1 to 2 gallons of water a day sometimes a gatorade. i also have one coffee in the am. i have also added cardio in my workout. i workout 3 to 5 days a week i work full time with a part time job so i go as often as i can any help would be appreciated

I don’t think there’s anything to revise…you really need to clear the board and start over. Here’s a great place to start:

I agree with jskrabac.

Here is another article to read.

[quote]sailortom wrote:
i have lost 8 lbs so far i was consuming about 5,000 calories a day [/quote]
That’s a lot of calories, so you may not be measuring something right. Regardless, if it’s still working, don’t change anything.

If it’s stopped worked, you’re probably getting too many calories. Add up the calories again. And if you need to cut cals, reduce the amount of added sugar you’ve got in your diet (fruit juices and preserves aplenty)