T Nation

Help Me Read My Labs

Attached are my labs as three images.

Can someone help me find some information from them. I found as much as I can recognize.

I figured out the following:
Total Testosterone: 256
TSH: 2.08
PSA: .8
Estradiol: 7.6
eGFR: 70

What I need help finding in this lab is the following:
Free Testosterone percentage (how did you calculate it from my labs?)
Free Testosterone pg/mL
Free T3
Ferritin
Iron
Hematocrit
HDL
Liver Enzymes

Thank you, I am going to take what you tell me and cross reference the lab printout so I can learn how to read the next set of labs I get.

Your hematocrit is on the last page. In range at 47. Your T3 is the triiodothyronine. Also fine. AST and ALT are your liver values. You did t run a lipid panel. Based on your hormone profile you appear to be primary hypo.

Thank you! Still learning how to recognize the terms on the labs. I am highlighting what I have learned so when I get my new labs from blood drawn yesterday, I can compare terms to find the ones I need to recognize more quickly.

There is a good amount of explanations in the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

TSH should be closer to 1.0
TSH may be increased from not using iodized salt and/or vitamins that list iodine+selenium
Please eval overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky.
fT3 is the active thyroid hormone and your fT3=3.3 is more than enough to normally provide good body temperatures. If temperatures are low, we suspect that rT3 is blocking fT3 and rT3 can be elevated by number of factors that stress the adrenals.

Speaking of adrenals, DHEA-S is low. In USA you can find DHEA in vitamin shelves, take 25mg/day with meals that are lower fiber and higher fat. In the testes, DHEA–>T might be limited by low DHEA.

Cholesterol not tested, low cholesterol can affect hormones and most hormones of interest are based on cholesterol. Same for whatever cholesterol–>vitamin D that you make; and your Vit-D25 is suboptimal, find 5000iu tiny oil base caps and avoid with high fiber meals.

Please make this your thread for your case and avoid creating others that fragment things.

Other advice would hinge on details such as age, height, weight, waist size, health issues and medications [Rx and OTC].

I wasn’t looking for anyone to interpret my lab work.

I was needed help recognizing the terms.

It is part of my automation.

Thank you guys. All these terms I need to learn to find on the labs is a challenge. I am making a chart so when I get my labs in the future, finding the numbers/terms/words I need to know will be easier.