Help Me Reach My Toes

Back in my teens I was a pretty limber dude, with around 10 years of various martial arts on my back. However lately I’ve gotten to stiff and I can’t even reach my toes, so I started to stretch more.

However I’m reading all these differing opinions of frequency of stretching. I’ve read that having a few days break between when you stretch will give better results than stretching daily, and then on the other hand I have my rugby and soccer buds are like “nah just stretch it ALL the time, every day bro”. Any pointers to how often I should stretch?

AKAIK… Everyday, even multipletimes a day.

Joe

AKAIK??

As often as possible. Definitely in the evening, if you have time in the morning and during the day.
Use flexible people as a reference. I’m a bit lazy about stretching, usually can’t be bothered to do it every day. I can put my head on my knees with straight legs and touch my whole hand to the floor, because I do stretch pretty regulary, but am nowhere close to the splits.
Friend of mine stretches every day, can put his head between his legs and almost touch his forearms to the floor, also can easily do the splits.

as far as i know

why do you need to touch your toes? just wondering.
are you still doing martial arts?

don’t forget to incorporate various forms of stretching (static, PNF, etc), along with some foam rolling.

Oh, got it, so you meant AFAIK, not AKAIK, had me confused!

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
why do you need to touch your toes? just wondering.
are you still doing martial arts?

don’t forget to incorporate various forms of stretching (static, PNF, etc), along with some foam rolling.[/quote]

I feel I’m not flexible enough anymore to squat as deep as I’d like to (and yeah I’ve read articles on flexibility vs stability and such), but I feel I’ve become stiff beyond what is good for a proper posture, + I’m considering making a return to Martial arts or MMA… what style, now that I’m not sure about :wink: