Help me Pick a Pickup Truck

I am trying to decide between:
Dodge Dakota
Chevrolet Colorado
Ford Ranger

Not overly concerned about MPG as I live 1.5 miles from work.

I just don’t have any idea what would be the better truck. I plan to purchase 2008/2009 as to get the longest warranty possible.

I also want the biggest cab possible.

ford

I’d go with a Nissan or Toyota.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I’d go with a Nissan or Toyota.[/quote]

I like the Tacoma, but I don’t they are offering deals like ford/chevy/dodge.

Why do you want a mini truck?

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Why do you want a mini truck?[/quote]

1. I don’t need a big one, I rarely haul things.
  2. The regular trucks cost more

If you mean, truck instead of Car.

1. I am tired of my regular car
  2. I don’t want to ride my ass on the pavement anymore
  3. No need to worry about curbs, or small offroad stuff.

[quote]yasser wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:

I like the Tacoma, but I don’t they are offering deals like ford/chevy/dodge.

[/quote]

ford/chevy/dodge can only offer those deals because they have such high markup on the MSRP, which typically means after about 1 day of owning it your already a few grand upside down, the tacoma keeps its value a lot better.

Honestly, I don’t know how tall you are, but I’m 6’1" and don’t really enjoy getting in anything as small as a ranger or tacoma. The Colorado if i remember correctly has a bit taller of a cab that allows a little more leg room vertically.

But, IMO, if gas mileage isn’t a big problem you might as well go fullsize, the f150 has HUGE rebates, as well as tundras and chevys are just dirt cheap right now.

Yeah, a lot of the fullsizes are really cheap right now. Gas prices have dropped significantly too.

I’m 6’3" and drive a regular car and have no problem with it. A lot easier to maneuver.

The ford ranger FX4 edition would be a good buy. decent off-road capability, enough power to tow some stuff, and looks cool

[quote]ab_power wrote:
The ford ranger FX4 edition would be a good buy. decent off-road capability, enough power to tow some stuff, and looks cool[/quote]

your avatar looks cool

[quote]xb-C wrote:
your avatar looks cool[/quote]
He get’s that everywhere he goes, and I agree. :slight_smile:

I think I also agree on the Ford Ranger.
Does “found on side of road dead” ring true for these?

[quote]yasser wrote:
xb-C wrote:
your avatar looks cool
He get’s that everywhere he goes, and I agree. :slight_smile:

I think I also agree on the Ford Ranger.
Does “found on side of road dead” ring true for these?

[/quote]

I only commented because I use to have a 1990 ford ranger w/ the 4.0L engine, which my brother drives now. It has around 350000km on it, still highway worthy.

[quote]Tyrant wrote:
yasser wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:

I like the Tacoma, but I don’t they are offering deals like ford/chevy/dodge…[/quote]

I keep seeing 0% financing on Toyota commercials. May be something to check into.

I’m 6’2" and miss my old Tacoma in the worst way. :frowning:

I really like my GMC Full size extended cab, but I do a lot of hauling. They all make a nice product anymore.

I would go with the full size just for the comfort, the cabs are huge. I can stuff 6 adults in mine. FWIW the gas mileage won’t be much different between a starter truck and a full size.

There are insane deals on trucks right now. I recently saw a similarly equipped truck as mine for $10,000 and I paid $23,000 for a 2002.

Buy something used that you can buy cash.

Nothing worst than car payments. Use the saved money for savings, traveling, school, hookers, alcohol, or anything else that’s more important than a hollow chunk of metal.

I bought a new car last year. I’ve learned from my mistake. I make the payments fine and even drop extra every month but that money could be going to “fun” stuff or savings instead of a depreciating asset.

Go test drive each of them, and figure out which one you like best. It doesn’t matter what anyone on here likes, it matters what you like.

You can get a Nissan Titan for up to 50% off because Nissan is doing away with their V-8’s. Get a $30,000 truck for $15,000 (not too shabby).

Otherwise I would go with a Ford. The new F-150’s start at $20,000 and have the biggest towing capacity of any truck, plus they just added a new 6 speed transmission.

Go with the leader: 4x4 Chevy Silverado with the King Cab.

There is no substitute.

I owned one for 11 years, racked up 195,000 miles and never had anything but routine maintenance.

I was still able to sell it outright for $3,500.00.

This thread is worthless without pictures

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
This thread is worthless without pictures[/quote]

Fixed.