T Nation

Help Me Out

Whats up guys, first post, been lurking for a few weeks. I’m a 23 year old college student and have only been working out for 8 weeks. I have already already seen big gains in my strength and slight body changes.

My goals are to build strength and to look good.
Some stats- 6’1 200 around 20-22% bf

Currently working out 4 days a week, and breaking it up into chest/Triceps and back/biceps days.

Workout(Chest/Tris)
Bench-3x6
Decline Bench 3x6
Tri Pushdown 3x8
Dips 2 sets to close to failure
Military Press 3x6

Back/Biceps
Bent over rows w/plate 3x8
Barbell curls 3x8
Lat Pulldown 3x8
Hammer Curls (on leg extension) 2x12

Diet: 2 Protein shakes on workout days
I try to get enough protein at least 150 grams a day, usually around 200 on workout days, limit carbs, and eat semi clean.

My only limitations are at that I work out at home. I have a bench and a lat pullown station. Thats it, No dumbells or anything yet.

So what I’m asking is What should I be doing, am I on the right track? Anything you would alter/add? Diet? Please remember I dont have access to a full gym.

Thanks in advance

I’m not an expert, but you may want to take a look at the thread dealing with mistakes newbies make.

Just off the bat, I can see a few that were discussed in there just from your workout.

Still being new myself, I won’t offer any other tips.

I’m on my way out, but just so I get to be the first one to say it - LEGS!

There are lots of exercises you can do for legs with the equpiment you have. Search around they will be easy to find (maybe check out the fav exercise poll) or perhaps later I can scrounge up a link for ya…

You’re missing out by not lifting your legs!

Is there a campus gym facility that you can use?

As far as diet, do a search here for the T-Dawg 2.0. It should have your body fat down to where you want it, in no time.

You may also want to check out this thread that vroom started in the Off Topic forum here at T-Nation:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=509864