Help Me Out Here

Hi, I’m new here. I’ve been lurking the forums for a while now. I think they are very informative. Anyway, I’ve been having a couple of problems that I can’t find the answers to on here so I’ve decided to sing up and ask for help.

1. When benching or basically preforming ANY chest exercise my muscles aren’t firing up properly. More specifically: the only muscles firing up are my left pec and right serratus. My form is symmetrical, I’ve been spotted, and watched myself in the mirror. This is really frustrating. My left pec even fires up while barbell rowing.

2. I’ve been training for more than a year now and my weight has stagnated for 3 months now. I’ve upped my calories, consuming more eggwhites and am taking protein shakes but my weight still stays the same. I train 4 times a week but might as well not because it doesn’t make a damn difference anyway.

Weightlifting should be like therapy for me and pshysical progression makes for mental progression but this is just frustrating the way it all backfires.

I don’t know what to do anymore. Please help me out here.

If you’re not gaining weight, you’re not eating enough. Seriously…keep a log and just play with the numbers until that scale moves.