Help Me Leave Keto

Hi, I did keto awhile ago and lost a good amount of weight, however I was too quick to introduce carbs back into my body and gained it all back. I’ve gone once again on a keto diet and I’m thinking I will stick it out till I reach the body fat % I want. (I’ve lost 18 now, need to lose another 8 pounds)

My question is to anyone who’s actually left a keto diet and not put it all back on, what did you eat the first couple of weeks? Did you eat under maintenance, over maintenance? Less than 100 carbs a day, more?

Did you cycle carbs? Just curious about the best way to introduce my body to carbs without gaining any of the weight back.

My idea was to cycle carbs, maybe 150-200 one day, less than 100 the next, maybe 0 the one after and then 100 the day after that etc pretty much pyramid up and down

Not sure how that will work and that’s why I’m asking you! Any help appreciated

Try looking up the “Get Unshredded Diet” Goes into detail about it there.

I believe thibs has stated to introduce carbs around lifting time and then breakfast in the form of fruit. But don’t just go by one source.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
Try looking up the “Get Unshredded Diet” Goes into detail about it there.

I believe thibs has stated to introduce carbs around lifting time and then breakfast in the form of fruit. But don’t just go by one source.[/quote]

Yep. Everytime Ive come out of ketosis in the past, I just add carbs back in during only breakfast and post workout.

thank you for the replies, here’s a link to the article for those of you that may have the same question as me

there is a short & fast plan as well.
You do a carb load for one day after performing a depletion workout.
Day 1: high carb, high cal, mod protein, low fat
Day 2: maintenance cals, 40% carb, 40% pro, 20% fat
Day 3: maintenance cals, regular carb intake, protein @ desired level, fat at desired level.
usually best at 40/30/30. p/c/f

You weight fluctuates like mad over this, but most of it is water retention which balances out after 4-5 days.

a friend of mine did carb cycling AFTER slowly introducing carbs in the AM/PWO

I am on the 4th week coming off of a keto diet. I was eating at 400 under maintenance for the diet. For the first two weeks, I ate at maintenanance on workout days, adding in Surge Post-workout, and on non-workout days.

The last two weeks, I have been eating at maintenance for workout days and 200 over on non-workout days. Carbs include oats in the morning and Surge per-workout. I only eat carbs on workout days.

So far, it has worked out very well for me. I haven’t gained a pound. Starting next week, gonna up the cals to start putting on masss. I will likely add carbs to first meal after workout, but that is about it.

Every time I did a keto diet I just added all the carbs I wanted back into my diet (as long as I kept my calories just below maintenance). I had some water retention and gained weight (not fat though). After a few days, you lose the water retention, no big deal.