Help Me Increase Size!

lowdown on me. i am five eleven, 22 years old and 125 pounds. yea, i typed that right. i have been lifting weights now for about 4 months. gained about four pounds. i drink the protein shakes, and i try to eat healthy and good foods. i eat the crap out of eggs everyday. for some reason i cannot gain any weight. WHY?

i am a prison guard at a minimal security coreectional prison (i know, its like a joke right?) and it would be really nice to get some weight on me if nothing else for my job.

any suggestions? should i try hormone pills, or anytype of supplement out that might actually work on me? i have tried things before from various companies and nothing seems to actually help me gain weight.

this has bugged the crap out of me. like i stated, i have been working out again for a few months so i would like to get something to help on weight but i have yet to find anything that works. a few years back i had bought the MAG-10 and some liquid creatine (both from Biotest) but do not remember much of a result. am i destined to be the little guy for ever??

First thing everyone on here will tell you is EAT. While that is sound advise, you’re obviously going to come back with “how much?”

So start off by reading these…

Massive Eating - Your Guide To Packing On Muscle Mass
Part 1 - Calorie Needs
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=body_146mass

Big Bulking Tips
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=781428

I don’t understand why i see one of these threads started every other day. Let’s state the obvious: the more you eat, the more weight you gain. If you aren’t gaining weight, then lets see what do you think you need to do?..maybe…just maybe…you need to eat more. By God, i think i have stumbled onto the greatest philosophy ever to hit the training world. I’m going to change mankind forever…

You need to eat as if you hadn’t seen food in 8 days. SCARF food down,dont eat twinkies per say but eat eveyrthing fairly decent for you in sight, oh and peanut butter is your friend.

The answers you seek are in the links he gave you, and not in any type of supplement.

Eat. Eat. Eat. Lift. Eat. Eat. Eat. Eat. Sleep.

Repeat.

Do you see a variable that perhaps might be the most important?

You got to be able to get more food specially since you’re work has ample amounts of it!

Please post a food log ~ I really want to see more. Eat more!!!

Eat big meals every 2-3 hours! And keep some calorie-dense foods on hand (peanut butter, bananas, pastries, pizza - you don’t have to eat ultra-healthy) to make it easier to get plenty of calories. You can also decrease your calorie expenditure by getting plenty of sleep, taking naps and generally being a lazy bastard.

I was in your shoes at one time. 5’11", 125lbs, 26…

You just have to eat dude. Don’t worry about eating clean, just eat. It sucks at first because you always feel full, but you’ll get over that.

Eat big, lift with compound moves, and rest. Just stick to it, and the size will come. I’m up to 195 in under 3 years…

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
I don’t understand why i see one of these threads started every other day. Let’s state the obvious: the more you eat, the more weight you gain. If you aren’t gaining weight, then lets see what do you think you need to do?..maybe…just maybe…you need to eat more. By God, i think i have stumbled onto the greatest philosophy ever to hit the training world. I’m going to change mankind forever…[/quote]
So stop hanging out and reading in the beginners forum, genious! It’s not like the noobie posted in rate my physique at 125lbs.
To the OP, concentrate on all of the basic compound movements, and of course, EAT!

See username

Post your daily diet. Then we can see specifics.

Oh, and by the way, feeling “full” means nothing. You want to eat to gain, you have to eat on schedule all the time, even if you “feel” full. Fuel. Food is fuel, and you need to keep your tank topped off. Start at a meal every 3hrs, and work up from there.

dang. 11 replies. i was waiting for some kind of email sayign someone replied like i get in alot of other forums. okay, a eating schedule:

morning i eat scrambled eggs, couple strips of bacon, a bowl of oatmeal with either orange juice or chocolate milk.

i usually pack a couple (2-3) sandwiches for lunch. most of the time either peanut butter and jelly or ham and cheese. i drink sodas (mello yellow) mostly through out the day. and usually like 5-6 in a either hour shift.

supper is never the same, i do however eat alot of mac and cheese, canned chili, or some type of meat like porkchop, or hamburger. alot of times i do skip on either the supper OR the breakfast because i just not hungry. but this is something i am going to have to get over aint it? :slight_smile:

oh, and thanks for the replies. and sorry this gets posted alot!

also, i am looking at the links posted above and whiile trying to figure out body fat, i dont know what my body fat is or how to determine it. if it was my guess, i would say zero.

also, looked into peanut butter label here :
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c218Q.html

and it shows ALOT of calories so i guess i need to eat the heck out of it, huh? how many grams do ya think are on a average sandwich. and do i need to eat it with sugar or without on the sandwich? sorry, i can ramble sometimes…

IF i am doing the calculator thing right on this page : http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/july262002/na_masscalculator.htm

than i am needing around 8000 calories a day. i think. sound about right?

Okay, definately sounds like back when I would eat 15-20 bowls of rice a meal, I could destroy your entire days work of food in one sitting. haha!

Your breakfast seems a tad light, how about you toss in more eggs for fun, egg whites if you want to be healthy.

From what I can tell you aren’t starving sounds like a super high metabolism. - envy - anyways ~

SIMPLE CARBS GALORE! AND A HUGE MEAL in the Morning to kick start your metabolism.

Example: white rice, juice, toss out the soda, have lots of good juice, make smoothies, throw in a scoop of protein powder, vegetables, fruits. Make them yumtastic. Uh other stuff, my egg sandwiches :smiley:

3-4 eggs make into squares per sandwich 2 slices of cheese 3-5 slices of whatever meat, throw in tomato/lettuce if you like that stuff. make lots of these instead. Peanut butter has a tendency to stick to ribs, screw it, you need to be able to eat buckets of food.

Sounds like your one the guys I love to trade places with ( since I devoutly hate cardio but am a sprinter by nature ). Simple carbs digest quickly so your hungrier more often! Let’s get some chocolate in there hmm yah, ooh trailmix constantly if you enjoy peanuts…

Hmmm italian food, pasta with hellla meatttt yahhhh ~ drool… I love talking about food, damnit! I know I was just thinking about ProfX and a pizza post, get those deep dish, chicago styled, stuffed meat lovers galore pizza, course add on other stuff that you like but hmmm. yah.

Your diet looks like something I’d use while leaning -_- tehehe. LETS GET THE GOOD FOOD!

Either way let’s get you eating 35-45 grams of protein a meal, and throw in peanut butter sandwiches, egg sandwiches, trailmix, protein smoothies, into the mix to make sure you do roughly 185-250 grams protein. Oh did I mention you’ll have monstrous shits so… 4-5 times a day!

Vegetables are your friend. Lots of roughage buddy. Can’t go wrong there.

If your having trouble eating so much, practice the savage mongol horde barbarian technique as perfected by me and my brother, just eat like your inhaling, oh you chew of course because you want to mash everything up and savor the pleasure of eating. But your shoveling while chomping away happily. Do this away from anyone you don’t want to horrify.

Oh gosh, what I would love eat with that kind of metabolism… :frowning: It’s awesome because you can pour on the carbs and have lots of energy to workout and run and do stuff! I try to cycle carbs because I puff out quickly if I eat too much. Michelin man baby!

oh gosh… carl’s jr superstars 3 of them right now, uhhh fried zucchini, curly fries, pour some chili and cheese over those fries please… uhhh >.<

Oh chinese food! Have soup for starters, make it more carbilicious by throwing rice into the soup til you have a rice flavoured, consistency of oatmeal type of appetizer. Then pour on the meat and enjoy that with a small child-size twin bed portion of rice, course we want a isuzu rodeo amount of freshly cooked flesh.

[quote]psycopanther wrote:
IF i am doing the calculator thing right on this page : http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/july262002/na_masscalculator.htm

than i am needing around 8000 calories a day. i think. sound about right?
[/quote]

You should eat a lot, but I’m guessing you made a mistake. His calculator shows that I should be eating just under 6000 calories, and I weigh 200.

Welcome to T-Nation.

If you click the “Customize” link at the top of the page when you’re logged in, and then scroll down and click “Save and Edit Profile”, you’ll get to a page where you can choose to receive a notification when someone posts to a topic that you have posted to. Then you’ll know when your threads have received input.

Don’t obsess about sugar in peanut butter or grams of this or that. For now, eating food is paramount AND working out so that your body uses the nutrients to build muscle.

I don’t recommend eating super bad for too long(re: fast food 24/7) just using fast food as a supplement hehe. See how your body reacts over the course of 1-3 months. Everyone is different so make sure to examine the effect overtime.