Improve My Program

I started working out more seriously a few months ago and have been going all in for the past month.

About 6 weeks ago I read Matt Perryman’s “Squat Every Day”. It has completed transformed the way I think about training.

For all of you experienced vets of the iron, what would you change/adjust about the program? How would you progress? Do you feel like I’m missing anything that I should add that would lead to more “balance”.

If its working I would stick to it until you stall and then move on to something off this site for a bit (anything by Carter, Wendler, Thib etc)

Its enough volume dont add more. If reealy want, one day a week add some light high rep tricep extensions and 15 mins beach moves

1 Like

Agree with @RampantBadger

I do think you could go heavier on squats if you trained with slightly less frequency - like 2 days, 1 heavy, 1 light. This could possibly get you more time on deadlifts.

But if it’s working so far, keep running with it. If it’s working, congrats on preparing your own successful program. But I would recommend that in time (after you stall), try out different pre-written programs available on this site.

I’ll always promote 5/3/1 BBB here.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses.

What do you mean by stalling? Like after a few weeks if I can’t even add an extra rep or two or add more weight to a particular lift?

How do I know if I am stalling from recovery vs needing more volume vs needing more food?

Yep

As a beginner you won’t know, but just move on -there are many superior templates off this site. Those coaches I mentioned really know their stuff