HELP ME!! I Need To Rehabilatate My Entire Body!

Thank you for reading this and perhaps yo u will be able to help me.

The Senario:
I recently was weighing about a 170-175 pounds, but on september 7th I was involved in a motor vehicle accident; which broke my back. I was ordered not to do any type of activity that would put strain on my back, which in lamens terms absolutely nothing. Due to my inactivity I have been rapidly losing muscle mass and body weight. Since the wreck I’ve reduced to a humiliating 150-155 pounds. Now my back is getting back to normal(as much as possible) I’m looking forward to getting on some weights or whatever is suggested in your replies.

The Question:
I am familiar with working out and strength training but to be honest I haven’t worked out since I was in high school and I am 20. The advice I need is how do I get my body back in shape and obtain the muscle mass I had not two months ago. Of course, I want to do it the healthiest way possible; but at the same time the quickest way. Now that my body is getting back to normal I am looking for a work out that not strength trains but produces great muscle mass. Yes I know that this is what a lot of people whom aren’t in my position want, and people may have no replies. But the smallest advice would be helpful and very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Britton Howe

By the way TC this website kicks ass!

I’m no doctor but one thing is for sure, don’t do ANYTHING before you get confirmed from your doctor (X-ray) that your back is COMPLEATELY healed.

A broken back is nothing you should try to rehab yourself. The risks are too high.

Good luck

I dare to say that you really don’t have much to worry about. When I had my shoulder operations several years ago I lost about 25-30 lbs. in about a month, but when I went to rehab I recovered
“faster than I have ever seen” said the therapist. I gained the muscle back so fast that my scar is about 3/4 of an inch wide instead of a thin line like most peoples. I guess what I’m trying to say is that once you reach a particular body weight and have to for some reason stop working out for a period of time, when you get back to working out it doesn’t take much time at all to recover the weight. Maybe it retained my muscle back so fast because of my genetics, but being that you are my brother, I would think that you shouldn’t have any problems either… One key is to make sure you are eating right… Lots of protien…