Help Me Grow Bigger!

I need to grow bigger, and I understand that diet is most important key to this. Please someone help me with the diet part of this because I suck with the whole what to eat part. I weigh 170(5’11) 18yrs old, and I just want to get bigger no more games.

Can someone give me a sample meal plan with easy foods that I can follow? As I get used to eating 6 times a day and more food I’ll become more experienced and I’ll know what to do. I just need that first push…

Edit: Btw I’m carb sensitive so if I eat a shit load of carbs I just get fat. So keep that in mind if trying to help me out. This is why it makes it harder for me too.

Precision nutrition

lift heavy.

end of story.

muscle takes years to grow. whenever anyone says they packed on 15 lbs of muscle in a month is complete horse shit.

its fat, maybe 1-2 lbs is muscle if your lucky.

just keep a good diet, lift heavy, and in a few years you will be jacked.

Combo. Precision Nutrition & Scrawny To Brawny. If it was any more spelled out between the two of those books/programs, I would punch myself in the head.

Eat a shitload of meat, eggs and milk, and fruit and veggies. Lift heavy, get stronger. The rest you’ll figure out if you read, like you should be doing anyways.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:
muscle takes years to grow. whenever anyone says they packed on 15 lbs of muscle in a month is complete horse shit.

just keep a good diet, lift heavy, and in a few years you will be jacked.[/quote]

Bullshit. In fact if you start this as a beginner and the most you can gain is only 1-2lbs a month, then you definitely do not have the genetics for this…or you are doing something VERY wrong.

I would expect gains like that after lifting for years.

While it does take time to grow, some of you have been fucked with some of the guidelines.

I never heard “Precision nutrition” thanks guys. I’ll defiantly take a long look at it after tonight’s workout.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

just keep a good diet, lift heavy, and in a few years you will be jacked.[/quote]

I never said muscle didn’t take years to grow, and I never said I wanted a short cut. All I wanted was a sample meal plan I guess for someone my weight to grow.

6.45am 4 eggs scrambled 3 pieces of toast
8.00am 1 banana hand full of grapes
9.30am 40 gramme protein shake with 30 grammes fine ground oats
11.00am cereal normally wheat or oat based
13.00pm tin tuna 4 pieces of toast or more cereal
15.30pm 40 gramme protein shake 30 gramme fine ground oats
17.00pm 20 gramme protein shake 20 gramme dextrose
19.00pm (after training) 40 gramme protein shake 40 grammes dextrose
20.30pm meat(normally 2 chicken breasts) with tin of potatoes,brocoli,carrots,spinach,green beans
22.00pm 4 pieces of toast with pint of milk
Around 300 grammes of protein (for some reason I don’t count what’s in bread and so on just habit and my carbs I just up them every time I stop gaining; so I don’t know how many grammes
I’m taking in)

That’s what I eat have been putting a steady 2 lbs on a week since October body fat has plateaued now, I do this religiously whether I’m working or not (set alarms to get me eating on my days off) I would cut the protein shakes down but I don’t have time to eat.
People can mock but its working for me, Hope that gives you some ideas.

Ow Im 5’6" 184 lbs @ 12%bf

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

Wtf?

Sosruko’s was kind of what I was looking for. Except his has too much protein powder. I’d prefer something with real foods. If someones around my weight can you show me what you eat?

[quote]Liv92 wrote:
Sosruko’s was kind of what I was looking for. Except his has too much protein powder. I’d prefer something with real foods. If someones around my weight can you show me what you eat? [/quote]

LOL.

When I was your weight, I ate like someone trying to be my current weight. You weigh 170lbs. How hard is it to just eat food? How is this complicated? In fact, if it is complicated at all, you are doing it wrong.

You want to grow bigger. That means eating more than you are now to gain weight. Why do you need someone to pick the specific foods for you as if there is only one way to eat?

Why would you want someone YOUR weight to tell you how to GAIN weight? That makes no sense. If you want to be bigger, ask bigger guys what they DID, not little guys what they WOULD DO. That’s just stupid. Why the fuck you think the big guys are big and little guys are little.

Hint: it isn’t genetics.

EDIT: X got it while I was reading…oh well

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:
Sosruko’s was kind of what I was looking for. Except his has too much protein powder. I’d prefer something with real foods. If someones around my weight can you show me what you eat? [/quote]

LOL.

When I was your weight, I ate like someone trying to be my current weight. You weigh 170lbs. How hard is it to just eat food? How is this complicated? In fact, if it is complicated at all, you are doing it wrong.

You want to grow bigger. That means eating more than you are now to gain weight. Why do you need someone to pick the specific foods for you as if there is only one way to eat?[/quote]

Your right. I always try to over complicate things. I don’t know I thought I should have been eating specific things every 2-3 hours.

I will just try to eat clean foods but as much as I can. I really want to get bigger that’s why I try to over complicate things because I want to do it “right.” I’m really going to do what you did. Just eat to be your weight, not worry about getting fat, because I bust my ass in the gym everyday, and if I do gain some fat so be it. Thanks ProfX sometimes I just need a slap in the face. :stuck_out_tongue:

Atta boy, now stay motivated.

Yeh I know I have to much protein powder, thing is where I work I only get one break; so I have to fuck off really quick and get my protein.

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

LOL.

You want to grow bigger. That means eating more than you are now to gain weight. Why do you need someone to pick the specific foods for you as if there is only one way to eat?[/quote]

Your right. I always try to over complicate things. I don’t know I thought I should have been eating specific things every 2-3 hours.

I will just try to eat clean foods but as much as I can. I really want to get bigger that’s why I try to over complicate things because I want to do it “right.” I’m really going to do what you did. Just eat to be your weight, not worry about getting fat, because I bust my ass in the gym everyday, and if I do gain some fat so be it. Thanks ProfX sometimes I just need a slap in the face. :P[/quote]

Wait a second, the GOAL is as much muscle as possible. That does NOT mean completely ignore how much body fat is being gained. If you are eating too much crap and just gaining body fat in excess then you cut back a little on the carbs until that is under control.

This is about trial and error, not “doing everything right” from day one. If you are too scared to fuck up at all, you will NOT get big.

help on getting bigger: listen to people who ARE big.

Professor X is bigger than you. he started much smaller. (edited to include: he started much smaller than he is NOW)

if he says eat and lift weights, fucking do it.

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

LOL.

I will just try to eat clean foods but as much as I can. I really want to get bigger that’s why I try to over complicate things because I want to do it “right.” I’m really going to do what you did. Just eat to be your weight, not worry about getting fat, because I bust my ass in the gym everyday, and if I do gain some fat so be it. Thanks ProfX sometimes I just need a slap in the face. :P[/quote]

Wait a second, the GOAL is as much muscle as possible. That does NOT mean completely ignore how much body fat is being gained. If you are eating too much crap and just gaining body fat in excess then you cut back a little on the carbs until that is under control.

This is about trial and error, not “doing everything right” from day one. If you are too scared to fuck up at all, you will NOT get big.[/quote]

No I understand that, it’s why I said clean food. I didn’t say I wanted to get fat, but if I added a little bit of body fat it would be understandable right? I’ll defiantly be watching my carbs in the evening.