Help Me Get Out of This Ticket

Finding someone to “fix” it is easiest. Done it several times.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Finding someone to “fix” it is easiest. Done it several times.[/quote]

I don’t know fellas, I think Shaved needs to have some integrity and take this one on the chin.

Just the title of this thread alone makes me think that Shaved is a selfish little kid who doesn’t have a clue about responsibility outside of occasionally being on time for class.

Plead guilty in exchange for points off your license, maybe the judge reduces your fine, then say “thank you,” pay the thing and move on.

There is a lesson to be learned here, and it’s standing, being a man, and being accountable for your actions. Just becuase it’ll sting your wallet isn’t an excuse to be a weasel and try to beat the system. Maybe you feel that you were unjustly stopped, but you were stopped none-the-less, and you need to handle your business.

Maybe I don’t have the popular opinion on this topic, but that’s the way I feel…

B.

Ahhhhh, don’t you just love it when you’re nabbed by the Revenue Enhancement Patrol? Fucking speeding laws in this country (and the speeding ticket / revenue enhancement “industry” generated by them by the municipalities and states) are patently ludicrous.

Don’t get me started.

The problem with that argument is, chances are that Shaved didn’t do anything actually “wrong.” Yeah, he might’ve been exceeding the speed limit, but you cannot tell me that that, in this country and with the way speed limits are set in this country, amounts to actually doing something “wrong.”

Speed limits are set rediculously low, below what is often the “natural” pace for a given stretch of road, and someone driving PERFECTLY SAFELY AND SANELY at the same pace as the rest of the traffic on a highway (the most safe way to drive, actually) is at risk for getting a “speeding” ticket – as if they were doing something dangerous, or threatening the public safety. FUCKING – LUDICROUS.

These speed limits were set as such primarily to generate revenue for the states and municipalities. And causing people who are safely and calmly traveling with the pack to have to occasionally be shocked into slamming on the brakes by the sight of a police car, when they were safetly traveling at, say, 77 when the speed limit was 65, IS dangerous.

Anyone who tries to claim the moral high ground by preaching about obeying the assanine speed limits in this country won’t even be able to pry the argument from my cold, dead fingers. That shit burns me up.

I REALLY shouldn’t have even gotten started on this.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

I don’t know fellas, I think Shaved needs to have some integrity and take this one on the chin.

Just the title of this thread alone makes me think that Shaved is a selfish little kid who doesn’t have a clue about responsibility outside of occasionally being on time for class.

Plead guilty in exchange for points off your license, maybe the judge reduces your fine, then say “thank you,” pay the thing and move on.

There is a lesson to be learned here, and it’s standing, being a man, and being accountable for your actions. Just becuase it’ll sting your wallet isn’t an excuse to be a weasel and try to beat the system. Maybe you feel that you were unjustly stopped, but you were stopped none-the-less, and you need to handle your business.

Maybe I don’t have the popular opinion on this topic, but that’s the way I feel…

B.[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
Fucking speeding laws in this country (and the speeding ticket / revenue enhancement “industry” generated by them by the municipalities and states) are patently ludicrous.

Don’t get me started.
[/quote]

Don’t get me started on all the injury and death I’ve seen due to people disregarding speeding laws.

It is not typically their disregard for speeding laws that caused it, but rather RECKLESS driving, which is a completely different thing. Not to mention drunk driving. Driving with the natural flow of traffic is much safer then artificially slowing down to do 65 mph on an 80 mph road. Sorry.

[quote]sic wrote:
Damici wrote:
Fucking speeding laws in this country (and the speeding ticket / revenue enhancement “industry” generated by them by the municipalities and states) are patently ludicrous.

Don’t get me started.

Don’t get me started on all the injury and death I’ve seen due to people disregarding speeding laws.[/quote]

[quote]sic wrote:

Don’t get me started on all the injury and death I’ve seen due to people disregarding speeding laws.[/quote]

If I was recklessly driving 100 miles per hour in a 35 zone then I would agree with you, but lets not make this something it’s not. This was no school zone or residential area, and every single person who drives on that road goes the same speed.

If I were to drive the speed limit through that area there would be people honking and screaming “FUCK YOU ASSHOLE” as they sped by. This doesn’t make what I did right, but it doesn’t mean that cop wasn’t a prick either.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
I was never a “poor college student,” even though I paid my own way through college and had a very poor family. Why not?

Because I didn’t sit around on my ass goofing off at online message boards. I worked at least 20 hours a week waiting tables, and I was also in the National Guard. Factoring in the GI Bill, I did well enough that I could pay my bills, and even afford a $100 worth of Biotest supplements a month.

Thus, I have no sympathy for you. You are broke because you are making the CHOICE to screw around instead of work. If you have the time to goof off online, then you have the time to WORK.

Shaved wrote:
I am but a poor poor college student and can’t afford this ticket. Help me Obi Wan, you’re my only hope.

[/quote]

your just a negative nancy arent you…please dont forget to tell us about your life story and how you have the world on your back etc etc…fkn idiot…

and btw, to the OP, ignorance is no excuse, know the fkn speed limit next time.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Ahhhhh, don’t you just love it when you’re nabbed by the Revenue Enhancement Patrol? Fucking speeding laws in this country (and the speeding ticket / revenue enhancement “industry” generated by them by the municipalities and states) are patently ludicrous.

Don’t get me started.
[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
The problem with that argument is, chances are that Shaved didn’t do anything actually “wrong.” Yeah, he might’ve been exceeding the speed limit, but you cannot tell me that that, in this country and with the way speed limits are set in this country, amounts to actually doing something “wrong.”

[/quote]

How about take some fucking responsibility and obey the law.

Speed limits are basically random hits that almost everyone takes at some point or another, especially if you are under 30. I mean I know cops stop murders and prevent crime and all that, but in my day to day interactions with them they tend to be sort of the random asshole you run into every now and then.

Last time I got pulled over it was for a plate light that was out. He spend 30 minutes doing whatever the fuck he was doing in his car, and almost searched us. Another cop stopped me for speeding 10 miles over the speed limit, but didn’t give me a ticket. Like I said, random. If you can get out of it, get out of it.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

B.[/quote]

Amen.

[quote]Damici wrote:

Speed limits are set rediculously low, below what is often the “natural” pace for a given stretch of road, and someone driving PERFECTLY SAFELY AND SANELY at the same pace as the rest of the traffic on a highway (the most safe way to drive, actually) is at risk for getting a “speeding” ticket – as if they were doing something dangerous, or threatening the public safety. FUCKING – LUDICROUS.

These speed limits were set as such primarily to generate revenue for the states and municipalities. And causing people who are safely and calmly traveling with the pack to have to occasionally be shocked into slamming on the brakes by the sight of a police car, when they were safetly traveling at, say, 77 when the speed limit was 65, IS dangerous.

Anyone who tries to claim the moral high ground by preaching about obeying the assanine speed limits in this country won’t even be able to pry the argument from my cold, dead fingers. That shit burns me up.

I REALLY shouldn’t have even gotten started on this.

BradTGIF wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

B.

[/quote]

Best damn post on this topic.

[quote]daltron wrote:
BradTGIF wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

B.

Amen.
[/quote]

I love it when people make broad assumptions about others based off of a thread they create. Yes I’ll pay the damn ticket, I just wanted to piss and moan for a while before I do.

[quote]purdiver wrote:
Go to court and fight it. If the cop shows up, you’re probably going to lose though. Try changing the court date because the officer probably schedules all the tickets for the same day of the week so he can be there.

If you change it from what it was originally you will increase your odds of having the court date be a day the officer is not working and just like that you win.

Call the clerks office to reschedule, just make up an excuse why you can’t make the original date.

Good luck[/quote]

In Michigan, you can reschedule the court date 2x. But you have to call at least a week or two before your court date. On your court date show up early and talk with the officer who issued you the ticket(if he shows up) And explain your situation about your income, he should cut you a break.

I was doing 100 in a 65 and got away with no points and had to attend a 1 day class for $40. Good Luck

Apparently you didn’t read my post. “Taking responsibility?” As if the guy were doing anything wrong?? Are you kidding me?? How about instead of pissing and moaning about how he should “take responsibility,” piss and moan about how the town/municipality/state should take some responsibility for intruding on people’s lives and fucking with their pocket books, insurance rates, etc. by setting assanine speed traps and assanine speed limits that are well below the safe maximum – AND, often ENDANGERING drivers by causing cars that are SAFELY travling along with the rest of the pack at the natural speed for that stretch of road to have to suddenly slam on the brakes when they catch a glimpse of a cop car on the side of the road. THAT’S dangerous, and THAT’S not the drivers’ fault, and THAT’S the local or state government endangering your life so that they can collect a few extra bucks now and then. FUCK that.

Don’t talk to me about taking responsibilty when we’re talking about a goddamned speeding ticket. If he can fight it in court and win, go for it. If he can get a lawyer to get him off, go for it. If he can wave a magic wand and make it go away, by all means. He did NOTHING wrong.

[quote]daltron wrote:
Damici wrote:

Don’t get me started.

Damici wrote:

How about take some fucking responsibility and obey the law.[/quote]

Whoever said it sounds like he’s trying to weasel out, don’t give me that crap. Don’t try and tell me that our goverment always tries to do what’s best for us.

If they wanted to prevent deaths they would ban smoking in all places except homes, and eventually ban cigarettes.

Speeding is a lame excuse to give a ticket.

To be fair though, I don’t know how many accidents would be prevented if people were driving speed limit. The problem is that the people who are going too fast are normally drunk.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Speed limits are set rediculously low, below what is often the “natural” pace for a given stretch of road,[/quote]

antisocial behavior is no excuse. The lunacy of people that actually believe “well, the speed limit is set to 35, BUT I’M A SAFE DRIVER AND IT DOESN’T APPLY TO ME”
that is a silly argument. If the speed limit is x, if you get popped for going x+1 you were breaking the law. If the sign says you can’t park somewhere, you can’t legally. If a sign says employees MUST wash hands before returning to work, there are no exclusions. the “that doesn’t apply to me” approach will lead you to a life of trouble.

Why do people go to college? Just read the books and put that on your resume. Believe me, I have been caught on the short side of something that I though was silly too, but if you expend energy fighting instead of the ease of just conforming to the rules that are set, your life will be much easier. Please don’t present the thinking outside the box arguement. My tooth hurts

I’m talking about 2 things:

(1.) Rules that are NOT set to accomplish anything in a way that actually serves the public good, such as the laws barring murder, rape, theft, etc. Speed limits are set ARTIFICIALLY low, i.e. they might be set at 55 on a rode where the natural state of traffic flow is more like 70. There have been scientific studies done on traffic patterns and natural rates of speed on given roads, and why it is actually SAFEST to set speed limits accordingly, NOT below that level.

A limit is meant to be just that – an UPPER LIMIT. These artifically low speed limits often create situations that are MORE DANGEROUS because people do slam on the brakes when they glimpse a police car, disrupting the traffic pattern rather violently at times. THAT’S BAD.

(2.) Antisocial behavior?? Uh, no, sorry. There’s nothing “antisocial” about doing 70 when aaaaaall of the traffic on that highway is doing 70, despite the speed limit being stupidly set at 55. That’s actually SOCIAL, not antisocial. The idea of randomingly choosing willy-nilly which laws to obey and which not to obey is obviously one that could be problematic if applied liberally – no argument there!

The point is that speed limits are SOOOOO assinine in this country that NO ONE obeys them. ZERO. And EVERYONE knows it and admits it. You cannot tell me that you yourself always obey the speed limit, especially in highway driving. (And if you try to tell me that you do, you’re lying. And if you try to tell me that you do but that you’d then “deserve” a ticket, I’d call you pathetic).

Laws that don’t serve the public good, and that are so patently ludicrous that NO ONE follows them (and everyone acknowledges it) are not good laws. They’re actually counterproductive, in this case. Such is NOT the case for the laws barring murder, rape, theft, fraud, etc. That’s why speeding laws in this country stand out – they’re so inane that no one obeys them to the point where everyone acknowledges it.

I’ve even been pulled over once on a 65 mph highway where the cop told me, quote, “You don’t have to do 65. Just keep it under 76 and you won’t get a ticket.” What does that tell you?

Fucking ludicrous. These laws were designed to line the towns’ coffers. What about that is hard to understand? If you’re trying to make a moral high ground “be a man, take it on the chin” type of argument, the single worst context in which you could possibly try to make it is in the context of a speeding ticket incident. Give me a fucking break.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Damici wrote:
Speed limits are set rediculously low, below what is often the “natural” pace for a given stretch of road,

antisocial behavior is no excuse. The lunacy of people that actually believe “well, the speed limit is set to 35, BUT I’M A SAFE DRIVER AND IT DOESN’T APPLY TO ME”
that is a silly argument. If the speed limit is x, if you get popped for going x+1 you were breaking the law. If the sign says you can’t park somewhere, you can’t legally. If a sign says employees MUST wash hands before returning to work, there are no exclusions. the “that doesn’t apply to me” approach will lead you to a life of trouble.

Why do people go to college? Just read the books and put that on your resume. Believe me, I have been caught on the short side of something that I though was silly too, but if you expend energy fighting instead of the ease of just conforming to the rules that are set, your life will be much easier. Please don’t present the thinking outside the box arguement. My tooth hurts[/quote]

There sure are some incredibly stupid statements on this thread.

The cop singled me out of a huge surge of traffic that was all going the same speed. Traffic has always and will always go that speed in that area because it is basically a stretch of highway with no homes/schools, or any other reason to drive 35mph. Does the cop actually think that he has made the world a better place by giving me and countless others tickets on that stretch of road? He does absolutely nothing but ensure his quota is met and my insurance jacks up.

You people act like I got a girl pregnant and am trying to get out of it. The day that I give in so easily to those pigs is the day that I no longer have a pulse.