T Nation

Help Me Fill Out This Program

CAUTION, LONG READ

Hey guys, new to the website.

I'm trying to drop roughly 5-10% bodyfat.

Two years ago I was 170-175lbs & 8% bodyfat. And my PR lifts were:

Back Squat - 320lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets (ass to grass)

Bench - 175lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets (my PR lift was a 225lbs x 1 rep, months later though)

Deadlift - 320 x 6 reps x 2 sets (yes, same as squats)

--

Anyways, after injuries and drama in my life I'm back in the ring again. This time I weigh in at just under 200lbs, and a relatively high bf%. I'm not good at estimating my bf% right now, but I'd put it between 16-23%.

My numbers are roughly:

squat 225lbs x 5 x 2

bench 180lbs x 8 x 2

deadlift 250lbs x 5 x 2

--

The program I'm following is pretty much the usual:

Monday - Legs/squats

Wednesday - Chest/shoulders/tris/Bench press

Friday - Back/biceps/Deadlift

--

My goal is to bring my bodyfat down to 8-12% in the shortest timeframe possible(yes I know it takes months and months and months, I've been there already).

My diet is in order, and is not a weakness.

High protein, modified med-high fat, very low to nil carbs/sugars, high veggie. I drink 4L+ water a day and far more green tea than is healthy for me :wink: I do not drink milk anymore, though it was a culprit for my high bodyfat for sure, as was late night snacking and sweets. Sedentary lifestyle accounted for the rest. All my food is home cooked in EV olive oil/butter.

As an example, here's what my diet was yesterday, keep in mind it was Leg day = intense:

Meal 1 - 6 whole eggs, 1 scoop whey(25g protein) in water, an orange.

Meal 2 - Steak strips and kangaroo strips, BBQ sauce, spinach

Meal 3 - protein shake(30g whey, 40g glutamine, 15g creatine)

Meal 4 - Large piece of salmon, spinach.

There is usually a 5th meal: chicken breast + veggies, and there is usually a bit of food to go around the workout. Still a few wrinkles to iron out but the diet is on track.

--

What I need help with, is my exercise program. I've been reading all about G-Flux and that whole thing, about raising your calorie Output and Input for faster metabolism.

WHAT COULD I ADD TO MY PROGRAM TO "FILL IT OUT" AND RAISE THE CALORIE EXPENDITURE? I'm comfortable with doing 2 x workouts daily, but I don't know what to add to the extra session that won't compromise my performance on the main lifts(squat/dead/bench).

Thanks!

Try this:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/7_cardio_drills_that_dont_suck (I especially like drill # 1, 2 and 7)

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/rebuild_yourself_with_complexes&cr= (do a complex at the end of your regular weight training)

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/mondays_with_thibs_stripping_fat_with_metabolic_pairings (just choose a couple of metabolic pairings and do them at the end of your WO, or add a fourth day a week)

If you prefer training twice a day, do HIIT early in the morning, and train with weight late in the afternoon; even if at the beginning your performances decrease, they will get back as soon as your body adapts and your work capacity improves. Just add things GRADUALLY…

thanks dude, really appreciated.