Help Me Build the Ideal Proper Physique - A 32 Y/O Quarterback

Strangely, I have an English Bulldog, his name is Borky aka Sir Borks Alot

1 Like

HAHAHAHA. You’re not seriously paying somebody that, are you? Yoa are currently retirement age for a lot of NFL guys. QB has nothing to do with your lifts. You need to do cardio and agility drills, and you’re getting taken on the coaching fee.

Did you go to Stanford? (t-shirt in that pic)

I, for one, wish you luck.

Being a walk-on is hard as hell at non-skill positions; it’s going to be something altogether different at QB. I think you’ve got a choice to make: do you want a chance to play football, or do you want to be done now as a QB?

Understand people will tell you things that are true, but not realistic. Like: “if you learn the playbook, shave .2 off your 40, and grow 3”, we can use you at linebacker this year.” Not that I’ve ever heard that…

Anyway, I’m a huge Panthers and Cam fan. Dude spends most his general prep time, apparently, on a treadmill. He spends most his offseason on footwork.

As a QB, at any level, I don’t think your lifts matter at all. The skill level is in another world. The game is going to be extremely fast for you, as well, because you didn’t grow up with it. It’s a tall ask, my man. I don’t think you can realistically learn a complex playbook like TCU will give you in time to impress anyone with your decisions, so your arm would have to be incredible. Maybe it is. If so, you have a shot. Even then, you have to pass the “eye test” - you don’t look like a QB and you haven’t been recruited; you’ll need to slim down to not be dismissed out of hand.

Alternatively, if you understand the defensive line and leverage, you’ve got less of a gap to close on weight and strength. That’s also a spot where you can impress coaches as a walk-on by doing the “dirty work.” Hit your gaps and take up two blockers so the recruited stars can slide. Make a linebacker look like a hero by playing downhill all day, and they’ll fight for you to be on the team. There’s really only 3 cues for interior line (that’s a gross oversimplification but true enough at the basic level), so I think you’ve got a better chance at playing “fast.”

It’s hard to explain how competitive the D1 level is, much less an often-ranked school in Texas.

6 Likes

Yes, only for a semester. Believe it or not I was one of the top students coming out of high school, but I was never into studies. Back in India, the culture is that if you do anything else other than studies, you disrespect your family. My parents are Medical doctors with MD degrees and so is my sister. I was getting good grades in school because of culture norms in my native country. But I hate to study, I just want to play or do business or just be a jock rather than a need.

I still am at one of the top schools currently in Texas and I only study to have a proper GPA for college ball. Nothing more, I hate school.

You’re banking WAY too much on a sport that you will never make a living in. I don’t mean to be a dick, but you have absolutely no shot at being in the NFL. If you “hate to study”, you’d best leave college and find something you can work hard at, because this is not looking good.

3 Likes

If uncle Rico can make it Than this guy can too.

I kinda promised my dad that I will study higher and big. I already have a Green Card in the US and businesses are going well. Without college and football, it’s just me sitting idle and managing my businesses for which I already have managers working for me (to get a Green Card via Investment I need to hire minimum 10 US citizens).

So even though I hate to study, I just get the work done

I think this sums things up. In reality, if you were a 22 year old poster that was 6’3", 225 lbs, and a monster in the gym, the likelihood if that poster making a living in the NFL would still be slim to none. Unfortunately, you are at the “none” end of the spectrum (really not trying to be a jerk, but stating reality).

All that said, if you enjoy playing and can afford a $1K a month coach to get better, go for it. I just think being disillusioned about the possible outcome of your efforts doesn’t do anyone any good.

3 Likes

I understand what you said. That’s what everyone is telling to me. I am not having any kind of delusions, but you know I am just having a big goal so that it will motivate me to work hard and train hard.

It’s just good ole fun to keep me motivated.

Your current physique is only 265 at 6’3?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I understand what you said. It took me two months to throw a spiral right. For two months, me and my personal QB trainer were throwing passes at each other and every time he was yelling at me to using the wrong motion with the wrist.

Like you said, the lifts do not matter, but the hits you got take from 300 lb Linemen, Super strong Defensive ends and linebackers. Keeping that in mind I was asking about the lifts.

And I will keep your words in Mind, tha

1 Like

It’s between 265-268

I don’t know if you’re a troll or not. I think you are. So I’m gonna stick to my golden rule.
Be nice.
The worst thing to happen is I was nice to an arsehole. The best thing that could happen is I helped a genuine guy.
I hope you are genuine.

You are weak and fat despite working out using a solid programme for 18 months. It’s your diet.

Eat more protein and less crap.
Also examine your work out efforts. Are you REALLY busting your balls each workout or just doing the minimum?

3 Likes

Did someone take a picture of you pissing or jerking off in that second photo? In any case, getting to see your O-face is very helpful to getting the advice you seek. :+1:

I read the entire 5/3/1 book and using the templates as given by JW. And using the intensity he recommended and changing my weights every 4 weeks and doing exactly what he said. I cannot say am I bursting my balls off or not, but I never missed a week since I started the program except when I had to take transatlantic flights. Even in the pandemic I am training at a private gym paying $120 per month. I am seeing changes in rest of the body, but I am not sure what’s happening to my gut. My gut is also the one that is stopping me from doing proper agility training. That middle part of my stomach is so stubborn

It was taken by a friend in the university back in 2011 or so, she was a fashion photography student and she needed someone for her assignment. So I volunteered and she wanted me to get waxing of my body to get a clear skin pic, but I didn’t want to do that. So she just took a pic like this and bold of you to think I would get laid to get the O-face. It’s tough for Indian guys out there, even our own country girls don’t like us

How about posting your diet?

1 Like

So some chubby 32 year old, who was told to learn throwing skills by watching YouTube, by his local American Football team may I add, fancies a tryout with the Dallas Cowboys?

This is definitely some Uncle Rico shit. I’m surprised we haven’t been told he can throw a pigskin a quarter mile :man_facepalming:

BTW what is it with trolls obviously gleaming photos from someone’s social media then coming on here and concocting crazy stories? It’s been happening for years

Just outta curiosity, can you drop some of your social media stuff?

If this story is real, I’d love to keep watching you progress.

I feel like I had a similar experience when I used to fight Muay Thai and wanted to get into MMA. I eventually figured that I didn’t like getting hit, so I switched to lifting. But I often wonder how I would have done if I stayed.

2 Likes