Help Me Build My Squat

still no video

Youtube link: - YouTube

never mind see it. You honestly look like a entirely different lifter and I have to say it looks great. You start top revert back to your old flaws as you got heavier but in your videos of anything under 250 you look solid as hell. I recommend you take the next 2-3 weeks and just focus on 205-230lbs for 5 sets of 5-10 and really hammer that form into the ground its going to help you a ton.

[quote]Reed wrote:
never mind see it. You honestly look like a entirely different lifter and I have to say it looks great. You start top revert back to your old flaws as you got heavier but in your videos of anything under 250 you look solid as hell. I recommend you take the next 2-3 weeks and just focus on 205-230lbs for 5 sets of 5-10 and really hammer that form into the ground its going to help you a ton.[/quote]

Right on, I appreciate it man. Like I said in my OP, I’m serious about fixing this and I’m going to take any good advice to heart. I’ll follow your advice on keeping things on the lighter side and hitting some extra sets.

I’m happy with that 275, because like I said I’m carb depleted and eating in a deficit and I also hit an easy 350 x 5 and a PR of 405 x 2 on deads on Monday, so I know my strength isn’t where it could be. Expecting a long overdue 3 plate squat soon. I appreciate all your help and I’ll keep you posted with any relevant videos in this thread.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
I don’t have a subscription, but this is the headline from a consumer advocate type site called ConsumerLabs that focuses on the efficacy of supplements:
Update:
Curcumin for Knee Osteoarthritis – A new study found that curcumin taken for six weeks significantly improved physical functioning and reduced pain among people with osteoarthritis of the knee. For details, as well as our tests of similar curcumin products, see the update to the Turmeric and Curcumin Supplements and Spices Review

Biotest sells Curcumin, that plus Flameout should be a staple for anyone with joint issues imo.

My comment is this: in your front squats, your knees travel forward the most of any of your squats and yet you felt no pain? curious.

Since your knee pain (from what I can understand here) seems to vary but not based on weight per se, why don’t you wait for a day where you do feel noticeable pain, and then try all the suggestions to see what works or doesn’t work. Try to isolate the variables so to speak. (hope that made sense)[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on curcumin. I’ll definitely look into. I’m not taking anything for my joints currently which is dumb considering my history. I’m meeting with the head of the “cartilage restoration institute” in my city in a couple weeks to see if I have any non-surgical options. I’ll ask him about supplements but won’t take it to heart if he shoots down the idea, seeing as how he’s a Dr and all.

I don’t understand why front squats don’t give me issues either. Must have something to do with the bar position and upright torso? But when I tried to transition to a high bar back squat my knees hurt like a bitch, so I don’t really get it.

If were talking supplements, than fish oil and glucosamine/msm are great options.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
If were talking supplements, than fish oil and glucosamine/msm are great options. [/quote]

Noted. Thanks.

Thought this might help alittle. I have been getting various questions and have been meaning to do some stuff like this for awhile. Just happened to have some down time and needed a reason to roll out and help me get moving. I am not certified or a expert and do not claim to be.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Thought this might help alittle. I have been getting various questions and have been meaning to do some stuff like this for awhile. Just happened to have some down time and needed a reason to roll out and help me get moving. I am not certified or a expert and do not claim to be.

Damn dude, thanks for the video. That front-on view helps a lot. Looks more like external rotation at the hips, while before I kept focusing on my feet and not really getting it. Next squat session I’ll really work on that.

[quote]TrevorLPT wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

Damn dude, thanks for the video. That front-on view helps a lot. Looks more like external rotation at the hips, while before I kept focusing on my feet and not really getting it. Next squat session I’ll really work on that. [/quote]

That’s what I used to do and think as well and that’s what I figured you were doing and why you were having a issue. But yes external rotation of the hips is essentially all it is and it will help carry over a lot to every thing you do in the squat you will have much more power from the bottom to the lockout. Once you get in a pair of wraps this becomes even more important

No problem man glad I could help.

That was a really helpful video. Thanks for making that.