T Nation

[HELP] Low Testosterone

Hi, first of all I went through late puberty. I looked like a kid in front of my classmates till the time I reached college (at age 18), and then suddenly some growth occurred and I became somewhat normal. (now I am 22)

I have no childhood memories at all! Complete brain fog. I was like a human robot. Never talked with anyone. Below average in studies (before college). I was totally lacking energy. NO physical activity at all. Lacked immunity, I would literally catch cold every two weeks. And further, I was completely depressed all the time, which I am getting over with slowly.

Coming to the body, I am very skinny with all fat and no muscles. No chest hair (only pubic hair, underarm hair and some hair near stomach). Sparse facial hair and that too came in these two years. I have gynecomastia since as long back as I can remember. Penis size is close to average in terms of length, but I think girth is kind of less. Semen is cloudy. But, the problem is I get TOO tired after ejaculation for 2-3 days therefore I always avoid it.

So, recently I searched the internet and found testosterone could be a problem. When I observed my father, I became damn sure that I might have low T. He is less manly than people of his age. He has very soft voice. No body hair, not even on the legs. Facial hair is also very less. Overall very weak and not at all masculine. So, I thought it might be hereditary.

The only concerns that I have now is with my fertility and the complete lack of energy. The lack of energy is acute and is forcing me to fix this as soon as possible. No matter how much I sleep, I always feel like I'll pass out. (and this is since childhood) My other friends are so active, I feel like an 80 year old man in front of them.

I got these tests done and need your suggestions. Can I become a normal healthy male? I do not think it is Primary Hypogonadism as LH and FSH are normal. Possibly High Estrogen is the cause? All your suggestions are welcome, really need your support right now.

FTES: 12.5 pg/ml (3.84 - 34.17)
E2: 27.3 pg/ml (0 - 39.8)
LH: 6.17 mIU/ml (1.50 - 9.30)
FSH: 8.30 mIU/ml (1.40 - 18.10)

These labs are needed: - you have some now
TT
FT
E2
prolactin - if elevated get a MRI to see if there is a pituitary adinoma [but LH/FSH suggests other cause]
LH/FSH
DHEA-S
TSH
fT3
fT4
CBC
Fasting cholesterol - could be too low
pulse rate
AM cortisol
blood pressure

Your low energy can be from causes other than low E.
At this point, consider that low T is a symptom and you need to find the cause.

Have you always been using iodized salt?
Are your outer eyebrows sparse?
Get cold easily?
Check overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures:

• when you first wake up, should be 97.7-97.8, higher is OK, 97.3 is a problem
  • also see if you can get 98.6 mid-afternoon
    When you were 18, you also changed your environment and that may be a factor.

Your labs suggest that your testes are not working well. Have you had them examined? Any ache/soreness? Some vascular abnormalities can be corrected.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones