Help! Loose Skin After Kids

I’m hoping to compete in a figure competition next April, but don’t think I’ll be able to because of loose skin in my lower abdomen from having kids. It’s bad! I still have a couple inches to lose on my lower abdomen, but don’t know if it will tighten up enough?? Or am I totally out of luck and will need a tummy-tuck?

Hey meesha,

My wife’s friend was in the same boat a few months ago so she solicited the advice from numerous sources (I can’t vouch for their credibility because I don’t know them all personally).

The general consensus was a tummy tuck was the only way to accomplish this short-term. She spent about $12K on the operation. Recovery was relatively quick and she loves the results.

Good luck

Okay, I’m so sad now. There’s no way I could afford that and it looks like my dream of competing is crushed. Ugghhh!

I have the same problem, it does get better, the process is just really, really slow.

I know a few dozen women who’ve had tummy tucks and they all have scars ranging from barely noticeable to absolutely horrifying so I wouldn’t recommend it. I did read something on the figureathlete forum about taping loose skin into the front of your suit.

I can’t say I know how it works, but maybe someone over there can help you out.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
I have the same problem, it does get better, the process is just really, really slow.

I know a few dozen women who’ve had tummy tucks and they all have scars ranging from barely noticeable to absolutely horrifying so I wouldn’t recommend it.

I did read something on the figureathlete forum about taping loose skin into the front of your suit. I can’t say I know how it works, but maybe someone over there can help you out.[/quote]

That’s interesting. Thanks for your input!

You may get more reponses to your post at the figureathlete.com site.

Will try that, thanks!

They’re not taking postings at this time so if anyone else has any help I’d still appreciate it!

Non surgical ways of tightening skin include
Thermage
Titan Laser
Polaris (Laser and RF)

Google them and the word stomach for more info.

No idea how effective they are.

FigureAthlete.com is the place to go as has already been said. Even if you can’t post you can still use the search function. The same question has probably already been posted by someone else.

I haven’t had kids, but was over 400lbs not all that long ago. Now I’m around 220lbs (3 years later) and so have gone through the same things in my head. ie I lose fat and then just get gross looking loose skin as a result. I put on weight and then I get loose fat…

All I can say is that I was much lower BF than usual for me for about 3-4 months (I slowly dropped from 15% to 10% over the first 6 months of this year) and that seems to have helped quite a bit. I have recently put on a lot of weight due to depression, lack of exercise and binge eating and even though this has happened I have maintained more definition in a lot of places.

TO give you an idea I had more ab definition at 95kg than at 91kg even though I hadn’t put on that much mroe muscle. I think it was because in the meantime my skin had shrunk a bit.

Anyway , I’m in the same boat my op woudl be about 15k and I won’t ever have that cash. So time is the cure… I’d suggest dropping body fat to a low level and maintain that as long as you can.

Good luck!

[quote]meesha wrote:
They’re not taking postings at this time so if anyone else has any help I’d still appreciate it![/quote]

You just need to sign in on that site.

Thank you!

I have used 1 gram each MSM and vitamin C everyday for help with loose skin. It seems to work the best while maintaining weight, eating well, and lifting hard.

I have never had children, I was just around 50lb overweight at one point.