Help Leaning Up

Do not want to waste anybodys time so I will get straight to it. I have recently started a new split routine and wanted to get some peoples input. My goals are to lose some fat while gaining some muscle.

On mondays I work out:
chest, triceps, shoulders

tuesdays:
back, biceps

thursdays:
legs, abs

fridays:
full body circuit

as for diet I was thinking of following t-dawg 2.0.
Does it look good?

T-Dawg 2.0 is a good sound choice as a cutting diet.

As far as training is concerned, be sure to:

• Keep rest intervals low (45 - 60 sec.)
  • Use heavy weights
  • Make most lifts multi-joint
  • Have 2-3 HIIT sessions per week

Keep in mind gaining lean mass while losing fat is difficult (though not imposible). If you want to ensure progress toward your goal I would reccomend using Carbolin 19 or HOT-ROX Extereme.

[quote]Schutzengel wrote:
T-Dawg 2.0 is a good sound choice as a cutting diet.

As far as training is concerned, be sure to:

• Keep rest intervals low (45 - 60 sec.)
  • Use heavy weights
  • Make most lifts multi-joint
  • Have 2-3 HIIT sessions per week

Keep in mind gaining lean mass while losing fat is difficult (though not imposible). If you want to ensure progress toward your goal I would reccomend using Carbolin 19 or HOT-ROX Extereme.

[/quote]

Well I agree with much of the above except On the main lifts I wouldnt sacrific load for short rest. keep the intensity high your cutting. The loads are needed to preserve muscle yhea resting a short amount may burn a little more during training but the higher loads used the stimulus will have greater payback in post exercise calorie expendature and also advancement and preservation of LBM.

Also wouldnt suggest HIIT 2-3 times to start off. that along with lifting say three times a week you’ll be a wreck in no time HIIT is very HIGH INTENSITY. get some low intensity work in. hell go walk just be active. No need to go balls out from the start and if never done HIIT and go to three session you’ll once again be a train wreck couple that with a hypocaloric diet NO.

Yes focus on compounds

Yes use heavy loads

As for your training coulnt tell you what are you actually doing the exercises loads etc.

Yes T-Dawg 2 is a very very solid diet.

Phill

thanks guys should I stick to doing shoulders with chest or switch it to back day? does it matter?

[quote]phantom88 wrote:
Do not want to waste anybodys time so I will get straight to it. I have recently started a new split routine and wanted to get some peoples input. My goals are to lose some fat while gaining some muscle.

On mondays I work out:

tuesdays:
back, biceps

thursdays:
legs, abs

fridays:
full body circuit

Does it look good?[/quote]

personally, if you have a four day split I would do it different, BUT even with this I would switch it up a bit.

Bare minimum I would exchange back day with leg day. Why do 2 uppers in a row, take a break, do legs then do legs again in your full body?

Shoulders can be broken up and worked in both upper days.

And why people continue to want to put on muscle and lose fat at the same time bewilders me. It is so much easier to go in waves or cycles and end up at your goal then try to accomplish all at once.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
phantom88 wrote:

On mondays I work out:

tuesdays:
back, biceps

thursdays:
legs, abs

fridays:
full body circuit

Does it look good?

personally, if you have a four day split I would do it different, BUT even with this I would switch it up a bit.

Bare minimum I would exchange back day with leg day. Why do 2 uppers in a row, take a break, do legs then do legs again in your full body?

Shoulders can be broken up and worked in both upper days.

And why people continue to want to put on muscle and lose fat at the same time bewilders me. It is so much easier to go in waves or cycles and end up at your goal then try to accomplish all at once.[/quote]

Not that I want to gain huge mass while losing fat but, just lifting weights and eating good should give me some muscle. I meant that I don’t just want to diet down, lose fat but along with all the muscle I have worked hard for…

[quote]phantom88 wrote:

Not that I want to gain huge mass while losing fat but, just lifting weights and eating good should give me some muscle. I meant that I don’t just want to diet down, lose fat but along with all the muscle I have worked hard for…

[/quote]

No b y all means. No worries bro no one wakes up one day accidentally huge.

I agree with the above if you are set on sticking with this split swap back and leg days, that and shoulders get hit in the back and chest day just add a set or two for the respective parts of the shoulders on those days.