Help Ive peaked

sad.

whats sad dude?
Im asking for a little help so I can get the details of my work out planned.Your 2 posts in this thread help nobody. Hope it makes you feel better though.

Any more input is welcome. Can someone explain the dynamic and max effort terms to me? Do you do this only for bench and squats? Someone please help me setup that workout for a 290 max bench.

Thanks!

Sad because you aren’t willing to do ANY of the work yourself. You’re not asking for advice, you’re looking for someone to do the work for you. There are plenty of articles on how to increase your bench, explanations of ME vs DE days (ME vs DE should at least make you look SOMETHING up). You want to break 290 but you aren’t even willing to go out on the site and READ THE FREAKING ARTICLES. Every question you’ve asked has lead to another “help me” or “explain to me” question. Good luck hitting that big 300 bud. See you in a year when you’re still tryin to throw up that “big” 295.

What I’m reading is…
“What exercises should I do, how to do them step by step, what reps to do, how many sets to do, how much rest between those sets, how much weight I should use, what body parts I should do and on what days I should do them” I really want to look good ya know, but not TOO good.
I really wanna bench 315 though.
I don’t really know why but it’s very important to me."

It doesnt seem like you are willing to do any reading yourself. The members of this board can’t hand over all of their training knowledge to you. You’ve got to put in the work yourself.
OK, now that said. I’ll give you one good exercise per body part. Unfortunately, if you don’t know what these exercise look like you need to locate pics and explanations on your own.

Back - Deadlifts

Chest - N/A

shoulders - side raises

biceps - curls

triceps - dips

legs - squats

abs - do a search for “killer abs” “six pack abs” “ab training” etc. etc.

There are many great articles here for free. When a 700+ lb squatter tells you what to do, do it.

Its seems pretty apparent that you know very little when it comes to training. How you got to 290lb is beyond me.

To fill you in on what you don’t know would take forever so start reading every single article that T-mag ever printed. I guarantee you will learn so much. I mean c’mon the only back exercise you know is a dumbell row!?

And you don’t even know what its called!

Oh. My. God.

You need to read. Period.

Periodization bible 1 and 2, 8 keys 1-4
Read them. Dave squats 900+, benches 600. His articles will take you there

oh so you guys wanna know how I got to 290 without knowing anything hahaha well Im not gonna tell you. Search for working out on the internet and read every article and try all of them and you might find it lol. Well dont worry guys im on a forum for my 3d gen rx7 and I do the same thing to the newbs on there now I know what it feels like.

The way I got to 290 is through the pyramid system. Ill run you guys through it. You find out your max weight. Lets say for 185 max youde want to do 100 8 times, 125 6 times, 145 4 times, and 165 2 times with spotter probably on these last 6 reps. Now go back down but do one less rep. 3 of 145, 5 125, and 7 of 100

I will warn you however that this only works really well until around 240 lol and then youll go up 50 pounds in 2 years.

I did read all of those articles you guys gave links for but I was confused about a lot of terms in there even. Are there some more basic ones I can start out with? Specific links will help and ill read them as soon as I have time away from my college work this week. Thanks guys! Ill also post pics maybe next week so everyone can tell me what they think. I think its pretty damn good since I dont know anything about working out right??

DE= 40-60% 1rm x 8-12x2-3 rest 60 sec train speed. Box squats and bench presses.

ME= work to 3-1rm change exercises every 1-3 weeks (usually 2 weeks). Pick ME on your weaknesses (ex. Triceps on bench press)

i drive an '86 ford station wagon, wanna race? didn’t think so

I can pick up your car.

Snooks
Like alot of other people have suggested try Westside Barbell training. Here is a link (since you don’t seem to know how to use the search function):

this is part one of a four part article giving a summary of the Westside Barbell method. You’ll have to find the rest yourself!

i can pick up my car, its about the size of my shoe, but i can pick it up…
finally something GB and i can share

If you think you are beat, then you are! Fix this first. Strength is not always easy. A sticking point is nothing more than a learning experience. The more you have the more you learn and the stronger you will be. Sticking points can happen for three reasons.

1. Mental ? this is defiantly part of your problem.
  2. Physical
  3. Technical

I feel most sticking points for lifters with your experience are mental and technical. Ask your self this. If you were training in a group that had 5 or 6 500 pound benchers would you still be benching 290 or would your perception of what is heavy change?

Next, you have to learn how to break down you technique to see where your problems are. This is very important to understand and will also be the only way to tell if there is a physical problem. Review my articles and look very close at your form. If you can film your bench and break it down. What happens during the movement that may break form? Then ask yourself what muscles could cause this. For example if you miss at the very top and notice that you are not keeping your elbows under the bar then you have to look at what muscles will keep the elbows inline with the bar. This could be lats, rotators or triceps depending on where this happens. It could also be that you have to just be made aware of what you may be doing wrong. My suggestions are:

1. Try some reverse band board presses where you can handle weight around 315-325. This will help you build confidence as well as strengthen lock out ability.

2. Break down your technique and see what you come up with.

3. Find someone stronger than you to train with. This will help you more than you will ever know.

4. Everyone here knows if you can bench 290 then you can bench 300! This is only 10 pounds on the bar but a HUGE metal barrier that we all have had to go through. There are thousands of people here that know what you are going through and also know you will crush this. Now get to work and give us the damn 300 bench you are worthy of!

Wow. I’m saving this post by Dave Tate.

And then I’m gonna go for my raw 200-bench (am hitting 165 for 8-sets of 3 right now; this week will be 170).

Thanks for the inspiration, Dave.

thanks for everyones help again. I will report back in one month with the results.