Help Interpreting Test Results, Should I Start TRT?

Im thankful for your help and advice! Had I just listen to my Urologist I would have continued to wonder what could be wrong. Im going to reach out to an anti-aging clinic sometime this week. Other than cost, do you think this is my absolute best option?

Your odds are finding a knowledgeable TRT doctor under insurance is low. You need a doctor that targets symptom relief and is not overly concerned about the numbers and should be criteria for a new doctor.

The average Total T for someone 23 is 800, not 500. You current doctors is keeping your levels hovering barely above the range for cardiovascular disease.

Testosterone Threshold for Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Middle-Aged and Elderly Men:

The locally weighted regression showed that total testosterone levels of 440 and 480 ng/dL were associated with increased Framingham CVD risk and an increased probability of increased hsCRP, respectively. Men with sexual dysfunction (poor sexual performance, decreased morning erection, and loss of libido) had significantly greater CVD risk.

So if I go on TRT, will things such as body composition and development change? I know all of the mental symptoms will go away, but what about the physical? Will I no longer have a moon face? Will my gynecomastia go away or would I still need surgery? What about the infertility? Later down the road would hcg help? Sorry I know I have a lot of questions, I just want to be as informed as possible and make sure im making the best decision. I just want to be able to benefit from a mental AND physical standpoint.

This is dependant on genetics, but generally body composition will improve if you make the effort in the gym and eat clean. I noticed a difference by weeks 3, I was starting to look thinner.

We are tracking the progress of someone who has gynecomastia and has seen a significant reduction in the side of his breasts in a short amount of time. TRT will at least see some if not all breast tissue gone.

You would need to freeze sperm before you become infertile do to the indication you are primary.

Any indication as to what a short amount of time is? That’s wonderful news! I was about to get the surgery, but if I can cure it and feel like a normal functioning 23 year old then I’d take that any day.

And so hcg is basically a lost cause for me? It couldn’t help me maintain fertility if I’m currently still fertile?

It will be different for everyone, it’s dependant on genes.

Unfortunately it is futile for fertility, HCG could still provide mood and libido benefits, beware some men just don’t tolerate HCG at all.

HCG increases estrogen and can help trigger gyno. Gyno occurs via an imbalance of testosterone, estrogen and DHT.

Also, with the additional information, do you still think I have low Igf-1? And is that even a factor at this point?

I don’t see why you would want to skip testing IGF-1, it should be apart of your hormonal panel. I had mine tested and was about average for a guy my age.

You can definitely expect body comp changes. Your pecs should take on a more manly shape and things just kind of firm up. Do not, however, expect it to help gyno. If anything, it might make it worse, depending on how much you aromatise.
It will not help fertility, at all. It may even make you less fertile without using something like HCG. You will look and feel better, but may still need surgery if you need it now. You would want to look into using tamoxifen/nolvadex for the gyno.

Here are some updated labs. They forgot to check test, so I’ll receive those results next week. For now it appears that my issues are not thyroid related.

@systemlord^

The elevated alkaline phosphatase could be caused by hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver cancer, gallstones, or a blockage in your bile ducts.

You need to supplement vitamin D, vitamin D 2000 daily, increase after a couple of months if still on the low side.