Help Interpret My Blood Results After Blast

Hi All,

Long time lurker.

I am on TRT at a reasonable but high-ish dose of 125mg a week and like to have small blasts every now and then.

I just finished a 2 month blast consisting of:
20mg var a day for the last 6 weeks.
7mg Tren ED
Total Androgens not counting for ester weight and oral bioavailability: 314mg a week.

Funny thing is although the dosage was relatively modest this was an incredible cycle! Strength gains slow and steady every week as well as fat loss (super consistent deficit diet).

I went to go get my bloods tested to see the damage done and unfortunately even at those modest dosages seems like my organs were pretty stressed:

Kidney:
Normal s-urea 6.5 ref 2.1-7.1 mmol/L
High S-CREATININE 112 ref 63-111 umol/L
Low 77 CKD-EPI EGFR (ml/min/1.73m2) ref >=90 <----- I am very worried about this. I am assuming its the Tren? My blood pressure has been fine.

Cholesterol:
High 5.4 S-CHOLESTEROL ref < 5.0 mmol/L
High 4.5 S-LDL CHOLESTEROL ref **< 3.0 mmol/L
Low 1.2 S-HDL CHOLESTEROL ref **> 1.2 mmol/L
4.20 NON-HDL-CHOL
High 4.5 CHOL: HDL RATIO ref < 4.0

Liver:
Albumin, Protein, Globulin, Alb/Glob ratio, Bilirubin, S-conj. Bilirubin all within range.

ALK - within range
SGGT - within range
HIgh ALT 47 ref <35 iu/L
High AST 45 < 40 iu/L

Endocrine:

High Total T: 30.9 ref 8.3 - 30.1 nmol/L
SHBG 37.90 ref 11 - 78 nmol/L
High Free T: 669.9 ref 230 - 630 pmol/L

E2 : 127 ref < 161 pmol/L

Questions:
I am worried about cholesterol and kidneys.

What do I do now that my cycle is over and how can I prevent damage better the next time I blast?

My plan is to drop the TRT to 100mg a week so that I fall back within range. Continue Tudca, NAC and milk thistle.

What can I take for my cholesterol and kidneys?

Thanks all!

Cholesterol and kidney function will likely return to baseline within a few weeks. Tren—even in small doses—is brutal on the kidneys. So is anavar. Bad combo. I would retest in a few weeks. Cholesterol may take longer to come back, but EGFR should rebound faster assuming your lifestyle is healthy.

2 Likes

Ditto. Kidneys are not to be taken lightly. It is one of the more common issues in AAS users. Retest to see where they are at in a month.

I would consider paying more for the cystatin C test if you have a lot of muscle, or eat a lot of protein. It is supposed to be a more accurate kidney test for lifters.

2 Likes

As they said it’ll recover in time. Can take citrus bergamot 500-1000mg a day for a few weeks to help speed the lipid recovery up.

Creatinine is produced in muscle, the creatinine generated is proportional to muscle mass and is relatively constant. Intense exercise can increase creatinine by increasing muscle breakdown. This also influences EGFR, it’s just a formula drive by the creatinine. Powerlifters, bodybuilders, etc should not go by Creatinine and EGFR to evaluate kidney function.

Did your labs have your BUN?

It sounds like they should be using the cystatin C test and the EGFR generated using cystatin C.

Yes, I agree. If somebody’s BUN is in range and their potassium as well (among other kidney labs) and the fact they train hard and have above average muscle mass it is very safe to say their kidney function is fine. I just pulled my lab from a couple of weeks ago and creatinine was 1.64.

1 Like