Help! I'm Lopsided!

I know by nature every person is lopsided in one way or the other.

However, my right side is much larger than my left. So much so that it’s pretty darn noticable.

What do you guys do to keep symetry? Do you work one side more than the other???

Here’s a picture of my backside, taken this weekend. As you can see, my right arm and right side of my rear end is much larger than the left.

Thanks for your words of wisdom!!

B-3

When ever I would let the fat gain creep up I noticed my right love handle was larger then the left. I can relate to what you are experiencing. Just keep dropping the fat you are doing a great job!

As you lose more and more fat this “lopsided” appearance will vanish overtime. My bodyfat is quite a bit lower now then when I could see that and my sides look even.

Take care,

D

I can’t really tell from the picture. If one side is significantly larger than the other do unilateral work (each side trained individually) for a while.

[quote]benny314bob wrote:
I can’t really tell from the picture. If one side is significantly larger than the other do unilateral work (each side trained individually) for a while.[/quote]

Ditto.

Everything from my right arm measurement to my right calve measurement is anywhere from 1/2 an inch or a little bigger than my left. It’s slowly starting to even out but it takes a while.

Dude, do i see a tanline from a thong??

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
Dude, do i see a tanline from a thong??[/quote]

ha i thought i saw the same… sorry but i do notice somewhat what you mean but only around the butt area. not that i was checking out your butt;) haha jk. Any ways back in 8th grade i used to be 5’6 and weighed nearly 200 lbs i did alot of running and lost quite alot of wheight got down to about 175ish and grew taller too then when i started lifting i gained back some wheigh plus with grow i grew over all, just work out eat healthy and youll see results in the end. Try to stay away from saturated fats, you look like you still have some fat in yah, but fat turns into muscle, so just see it as that fat becoming more muscle, dont be surprised if you see wheight gain if you lift, thatll be since you gaining muscle, dont stop no matter what, i know im still very newbish but iv read quite alot of the articles around this site there are guys who have made big changes, just get a routine stick with it, eat healthy and youll see results with time, as for the lopsidedness just dont think about it and work out it not as noticable as you think.

LOL… I think you mean, dudeette.

[quote]StreaksEnd wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

ha i thought i saw the same… sorry but i do notice somewhat what you mean but only around the butt area. not that i was checking out your butt;) haha jk. Any ways back in 8th grade i used to be 5’6 and weighed nearly 200 lbs i did alot of running and lost quite alot of wheight got down to about 175ish and grew taller too then when i started lifting i gained back some wheigh plus with grow i grew over all, just work out eat healthy and youll see results in the end. Try to stay away from saturated fats, you look like you still have some fat in yah, but fat turns into muscle, so just see it as that fat becoming more muscle, dont be surprised if you see wheight gain if you lift, thatll be since you gaining muscle, dont stop no matter what, i know im still very newbish but iv read quite alot of the articles around this site there are guys who have made big changes, just get a routine stick with it, eat healthy and youll see results with time, as for the lopsidedness just dont think about it and work out it not as noticable as you think.

[/quote]

First of all fat doesn’t turn into muscle, they are two different things they don’t just magically change into each other. Second, all that info was kind of unecessary she was asking about helping with lopsidedness not asking how to lose fat.

oh and yeah unilateral work helps even out imbalances

Yes Dude!!! It’s a tan line from a thong!! ;->

You boys are too funny!! ;->

You aren’t lopsided. Keep up the work and don’t worry about it.

I thought that this was gonna be a Ronnie Coleman thread.

OP. Just concentrate on losing the fat and you should even out just like everyone says, but you might try some unilateral work just to make sure that each side is evenly strong.

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

LOL… I think you mean, dudeette.[/quote]

OH SNAP! Damn I only just realized it’s a woman - suppose you can’t tell from behind except for the tan line because of what appears to be short hair.

Anyway, I don’t really see it, but unilateral training coupled with continued weight loss sounds like a good idea.

[quote]benny314bob wrote:
I can’t really tell from the picture. If one side is significantly larger than the other do unilateral work (each side trained individually) for a while.[/quote]

This is correct, but I would like to add that the weaker side should lead each set and the stronger side should stop where the weaker side stopped.

That is if one side is stronger that the other, which I assume is the case.

Your looking better all the time Bdybldgbabe. Good work.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Coldiron wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

OH SNAP! Damn I only just realized it’s a woman - suppose you can’t tell from behind except for the tan line because of what appears to be short hair.

Anyway, I don’t really see it, but unilateral training coupled with continued weight loss sounds like a good idea.

[/quote]

I don’t think there are many guys who would post wearing goucho (sic) pants (hopefully).

[quote]rsg wrote:
Coldiron wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

[/quote]

Ummmmm…I dont have short hair, it’s long and is pulled up so you can completely see my back. Im NOT a man because if I were I would be saying “F-U” right about now!!! :smiley: But have a good day!