T Nation

Help! I'm Falling Apart!

So I've been getting hurt a lot more recently, nothing too serious just some strains and pains that take me out of things for a month or so. But I never used to be hurt before.

A ways back I had a bar whip back on me while squatting and it hasn't quite felt right since, planning a visit to a chiro to get that checked out. I hurt my pec a couple months back because I let my elbows drift up too early, again not surprising I got hurt.

Today I felt something pop in the insertion into the knee in my outer right quad, but I don't believe I did anything wrong. My knees used to cave badly and I used to drop into squats, but now I've been focusing on keeping tightness and forcing my knees out. I've been doing hip mobility work more often than I used to and really have no idea what caused this. If anything I'd think things would be better now than they used to be.

Can anybody think why this would happen? Any help or advice is appreciated!

Are you setting up consistently every time you lift? Do you warm up enough and make sure your technique is solid before moving to working sets?

[quote]lift206 wrote:
Are you setting up consistently every time you lift? Do you warm up enough and make sure your technique is solid before moving to working sets?[/quote]
Yeah, my set up is always the same.

I’ve never done too extensive of a warm up but it’s never been an issue before hand. Today was pretty typical, I was supposed to be doing a 5x5 @ 205 for front squats so I did this:
45x5,5
95x5
135x3
185x3
then went to 205 for working sets

The same thing happened to me once when I front squatted but nothing hurt so I finished my session. I never had a problem after and don’t really know what it was either. I might have leaned too much to one side.

First thing that usually comes to mind is adequate sleep, nutrition, and stress management.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
First thing that usually comes to mind is adequate sleep, nutrition, and stress management. [/quote]
Would those actually affect injury risk if recovery isn’t an issue though?