Help, I want to Kill Someone

Members have been trying to help me out and from what other members are telling me, very well known and good programs. But after I read all of the beginner stuff with things like

Number of exercises per muscle group

Back: 3-4
Chest: 3
Quadriceps: 3
Hamstrings: 2-3
Deltoids: 2-3
Biceps: 1-2
Triceps: 1-2
Calves: 1-2

then I see the program I am told to use and it goes something like
Day One:

Dips or Bench Press 2-3 x 6-8

Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12

Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2-3 x 6-8

Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2-3 x 10-12

Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:

Pull-Up 3 sets to failure

Barbell Row 2-3 x 8

EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1-2 x 10

Squats 2 x 10

Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10

I see that it only has two workouts for back and chest and with a torn ACL, I can only focus on the upper body. The program was also recommended for strength, when I had read before the you should use 4-6 sets to gain strength. Also to try to have 9-12 sets for each muscel group.

Because I dont include leg work I would just have a two day rotation of chest/back and arms/shoulders. I then read its very hard on the CNS to recover two large muscel groups.

Needless to say, I am so confused and just want something to pop up in front of me and tell me all the anwsers before I kill someone. I also probably should have posted it on my other topic, but I am so frustrated someone help.

You’re 16 and just beginning to lift. You’ve been pointed toward two good beginner programs, but you insist on training like an advanced athlete. Do what the hell you want.

I meant to ask: how did you tear your ACL, anyway?

I see threads with titles like this (“Help, I want to kill someone”) and always hope it’s going to the ramblings of a psychopath.

Why am I constantly disappointed?

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I see threads with titles like this (“Help, I want to kill someone”) and always hope it’s going to the ramblings of a psychopath.

Why am I constantly disappointed?[/quote]

x2

OP, try hitting her.

Damn thought it was going to be questions on how to cover it up and what weapon to use.

Colonel Mustard in the library with teh candlestick biotch!!!

I tore it playing lacrosse JayPierce. Also, I’m not trying to say these programs are not good enough more me, I’m asking if the things that Christian Thibaudeau wrote in the “must read for beginners” is advanced than why is it the beginners?

I will give the workout given to me a shot and work hard at it, but it seems to not cover some of the points that CT covered in making a program

Stop trying to make sense out of all the crazy programs you find online. Start working with a trainer. If your family can’t afford one, find a coach at school who can help you out.

[quote]JCUNN wrote:
Needless to say, I am so confused and just want something to pop up in front of me and tell me all the anwsers before I kill someone. I also probably should have posted it on my other topic, but I am so frustrated someone help.

[/quote]

You are trying to mesh Wesley’s ideas with Christian T’s and some aren’t going to match up. Pick one or the other and run with it… I don’t care really as long as you work hard and eat regularly you will progress as this stage.

Bodybuilding is entirely an individual thing, and the entire point is to find out what specifically works FOR YOU, and your own body.

You don’t train a certain way because somebody said it’s what you were “supposed” to do…

The reason we have certain principles and general guidelines, and the reason there are beginner routines, and set recommendations, and all of that, is because through trial and error we’ve found that there are certain things that work for most people, and so its a good place to start.

You start out doing something basic and traditional, you stick with it long enough to see results, then you tweak from there based on whats working and what isn’t.

As a beginner you just need to start doing SOMETHING - preferably something that a lot of people have gotten big from before you - and ride it out for a while till you can measure your results.
You aren’t going to find out how your muscles respond and what stimulus they need to grow by sitting around thinking about it and asking because, NOBODY CAN TELL YOU THAT. All we can do is tell you what works for most people, what worked for us, and give you a general guideline.

The rules that are always true and apply to everyone are pretty simple:

1. You need to eat enough calories daily to make incremental gains in bodyweight in order to see gains in muscle mass. Usually people aim for about 3-5lbs gained a month.

2. The method of progress that has the most potential in gaining mass, and is the only infinite variable in your training, is PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. Meaning in order to make a muscle group bigger, you need to make it stronger. This could be stronger in the 1-3 rep range, 6-10, 12-20… you find out what works for each muscle group, but you will need to be moving up in weight regularly no matter what the rep range is.

(If you can bench 135 for 3x8 now, and you continually gain bodyweight for a year and train and by the end of the year you can bench 225 for 3x8, your chest is going to be bigger.)

1. You want to be eating at least 5 meals a day, and taking in AT LEAST your bodyweight (pounds) in grams of protein every day. More is probably better.

Tha is basically it. Everything beyond those 3 things you simply need to discover for yourself what works through trial and error.

Squats and milk.

Or talk to Charles Atlas, he’ll make a man out of you.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
malonetd wrote:

Why am I constantly disappointed?

x2

OP, try hitting her.[/quote]

X3

OP needs to be hit

Thanks Mr. Popular and Scott M along with anyone else who helped me out. I was trying to mash everything together and it was pissing me off. Now i’ll choose somethin and roll with it. Thanks again everyone.