T Nation

Help! I Need to Recover from Atrophied Nads

So apparently the doc I was seeing was overloading me with test c. My pdoc says I need to back off and recover. I was getting 150mg 1x weekly alone. This is good for replacement, but apparently was too much for supplementation.

Pdoc says just hang in there 3 weeks or so and I will get back to normal. My balls are 1/3 their size and ached bad the past two weeks.

Question: should I do some sort of PCT? Will only 5 shots (ever, just started this process) shut me down enough that I need to do PCT? Any help is greatly appreciated…I’d like my boys back in fighting shape!

Your testicles will recover regardless of a PCT or not. PCT accelerates the process. Time on=time off for recovery as a quick rule of thumb. You were on a fairly low dose of T-Cyp in comparison to cycles of T-Cyp (usually >400mg), so “overloading” is a little overdramatic. Get “supplementation” out of your head-you are replacing your body’s entire production of testosterone which is why you’re usually on for life. Why were you placed on T-Cyp in the first place?

P.S. If testicle size is your only issue, simple supplementation with HcG can restore testicle size. Read KSMan’s stickies.

Yes, the idea of supplementation is a display of ignorance.

[quote]cmonster wrote:
So apparently the doc I was seeing was overloading me with test c. My pdoc says I need to back off and recover. I was getting 150mg 1x weekly alone. This is good for replacement, but apparently was too much for supplementation.

Pdoc says just hang in there 3 weeks or so and I will get back to normal. My balls are 1/3 their size and ached bad the past two weeks.

Question: should I do some sort of PCT? Will only 5 shots (ever, just started this process) shut me down enough that I need to do PCT? Any help is greatly appreciated…I’d like my boys back in fighting shape![/quote]

It takes some time to get regular. About 2-3 weeks for test to return to normal. In this instant I would at end of stopping it for 2.5 weeks start back on proper TRT protocol with HCG added in then check estrodial 4-5 weeks down the road. Your thyroid is probably taking a beating but that may normalize when T levels come back in check. Besure to check DHEA s serum because testosterone can drop it as negative feed back loop also gets affected. Do you want to continue TRT or try a restart. If you want to try a restart I can make some suggestion as I have restarted many guy with great success, but it does depend on several variables.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Yes, the idea of supplementation is a display of ignorance.[/quote]

to follow up on that comment…

if you take T, your own T production will shut down due to the feedback loop - so the idea you can “supplement” but not replace your current T is faulty.

I.E. - you have Total T of 600 and want to bump it up just slightly to 800, so your doc says that 25mg T-Cyp weekly should give you a boost of 200 on your blood test. Great, you start taking the shots, your system detects the extra T and scales back its own production of T, so when you get your test, you are now at 200-300 Total T.

I would not see a doctor who thinks you can supplement extra T without going full replacement. The implications for his/her lack knowledge about hormone control, estrogen control, HCG, cortisol, etc. are fairly profound.