T Nation

Help....I Can't Eat!

Hello and welcome to my Hell,

Im a 29yr old male, 238lbs 6’1" atletic and at about 15%bf.

I just came off the Velocity Diet a few months ago with amazing success, lost like 30lbs. did a bookend V-Diet with one in morning and one at night with real healthy meals in the day for a month and a half. I then transitioned onto the Anabolic Diet and I made it through the 4 week loading phase then about a week after that all Hell broke loose…

This is all taking place at the same time over the course of two weeks.

My girl and I are taking a break after 7yrs, so Im living out of suitcases and out of my car crashing at my buddies house for right now…Which sucks since its both our Condo and she has all our pets there.

Then I got pretty sick the same week with a nasty head cold/stomach flu… My best friend and lifting partner is moving to DC…and I got diagnosed with adult ADD and im on 30mg a day of Adderall…

In short I CANT F@%KING EAT!!! I was trying to down my Anabolic meals but I got sick to my stomach all the time, so I started trying to drink my Metabolic Drive shakes…worked okay for a min but then I started getting sick off those,

so now im mixing Ensure with whole milk 3 times a day trying to get any nutrients…To keep my lifts going I had to resort to downing some Surge pre mid and post workout to get some energy…Shit I wanted to get lean…but not this way LOL…

.Anyone have any ideas of something that is healthy for me that I can still stomach a little and is pretty rich in nutrients? Im not sure about how effective this whole milk/ensure thing isnt going to work. I have more Metabolic Drive on the way but Im looking for ideas to hold me over untill it gets here.
Thanks, Adam

I saw a MTV True Life where a kid had ADD and didn’t take Adderall for almost four months.Nothing drastic changed in him and he seemed overall happier.Later he told his mom and she was impressed he did so well in school even with his ADD, and he is still not taking any meds. I guess the question is do you really need to take adderall I mean you’ve made it this far without it.

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:,
My girl and I are taking a break after 7yrs,

its both our Condo and she has all our pets there.
[/quote]

I’m sorry I can’t help you with that other stuff, but damn, you got punked! What the hell is that? She’s living in YOUR CONDO with your pets while you’re “on a break”?! (ebonics)GAAAAAAAT DAYUM!(/ebonics)

Yeah I made it aways but my entire life has suffered. Im deffinatly better with the meds, Im a buisness owner and I cant afford to not take them.

[quote]G87 wrote:
thaiclinch wrote:,
My girl and I are taking a break after 7yrs,

its both our Condo and she has all our pets there.

I’m sorry I can’t help you with that other stuff, but damn, you got punked! What the hell is that? She’s living in YOUR CONDO with your pets while you’re “on a break”?! (ebonics)GAAAAAAAT DAYUM!(/ebonics)[/quote]

Yeah lol shits messed up…Its not just my condo, its her’s too…Its all good there though, Im more conserned about eating then the rest of the BS but im sure all that other crap is playing hell on my appetite

The biggest issue seems to be the meds, because amphetamine salts will drastically affect you’re desire to eat.
Of course if they’re necessary than that’s understandable.

My advice would be to eat gigantic breakfasts. I’m talking HUGE, mammoth breakfasts where you can eat a lot of high quality protein and carbs. Wait an hour or so after that and then take the meds and see what happens. I used this trick when I took adderall and it helped.

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:
The biggest issue seems to be the meds, because amphetamine salts will drastically affect you’re desire to eat.
Of course if they’re necessary than that’s understandable.

My advice would be to eat gigantic breakfasts. I’m talking HUGE, mammoth breakfasts where you can eat a lot of high quality protein and carbs. Wait an hour or so after that and then take the meds and see what happens. I used this trick when I took adderall and it helped.
[/quote]

Awsome, Ill do that then and supplement the rest of my day with possibly some meta drive shakes and nuts…or whatever i can stomach. Did this work long term for you?

I was diagnosed with ADHD my entire childhood and into my adulthood taking a very high dose of adderall for years. Why do you feel like you need the drug? Can’t focus? Feel nervous all the time? Irritable? Can’t wake up in the morning? Have a lot of work to do and need a crutch?

My advice to you would be to consider other options of treatment besides drugs. Intense exercise, low carb high protein diet, meditation (counting breaths) as well as getting enough sleep and lots of fish oil really helped me out.

Im taking adderall now too. 30 mg seems like a helluvalot. But yeah I agree with what Schlenkatank is saying. Or maybe try lots of really small meals. I do both of those. But if you’re really desperate use an appetite enhancer. Although I don’t know how that would interact with the meds.

[quote]Muscles297 wrote:
Im taking adderall now too. 30 mg seems like a helluvalot. But yeah I agree with what Schlenkatank is saying. Or maybe try lots of really small meals. I do both of those. But if you’re really desperate use an appetite enhancer. Although I don’t know how that would interact with the meds. [/quote]

Yeah man, I started with 20mg’s worked for like 5days then nothing…Called Doc and he upped it to 30mg, seems to be working okay now. I ate a big meal in the morning and took the Adderall a hour and a half later and that worked pretty well…then I had an ensure w/ whole milk like 4 hrs later, and then a salad and some rotisserie chicken a bit later.

Hope this works well…The morning thing seems to be working well though.
Thanks, Adam

I’m actually surprised 30mg is interfering that badly with your appetite. I must have missed that detail when originally readying. When I decided to stop taking it, I was at my highest dosage being prescribed 100mg a day.