Help I Am Fat

Hey guys I train for strongman so I know that having abs is not at all a huge concern but I am truly getting fat I mean my stomach jiggles and I have rediculus love handles and I want them gone and my endurance is becoming worse… I dont want to be incredibly lean but having a single digit body fat or atleast a 10 or 11% would be real nice. I am scared to diet as I dont want my lifts to be compromised as I train for strength. I was going to attempt a type of diet and I wanted to see what you guys thought before I screwed my strength up…

Meal 1
8 boiled Eggs(4 of them whole, 4 of them just egg white)
1 and1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2
2 cans Tuna, large Baked Potatoe or 1 cup Brown Rice, and Broccolli or Green Beans

Meal 3(around mid day or after training)
1 scoop whey and 1 fruit

Meal 4
Chicken Breast or 2 cans Tuna, Green Vegetable.

Is there anything else I should consider I am trying to gain top strength and lower my body fat percentage or atleast lower my body fat while not lossing strength.

Youve got to pick one dude, do you want to be good at strongman, or do you want to be in single digit bodyfat? Im not saying both aren’t possible but cutting your calories like this is only going to hamper your progress. Focus on eating a LOT of clean calories, lift heavy, and do a few sessions a week of something to keep your heart rate up and you will be fine. What are your current lifts like?

Just to throw my 0.02p in here, don’t be too quick to throw away what you’ve gained. I’m far from an expert, but a gradual approach seems the most sensible, slightly cutting back on calories, introducing carb cutoffs and adding in some cardio. The diet you posted up seems a bit extreme, especially if you’re wanting to prevent strength loss. Hopefully some of the bigger guys can chme in here and offer some help.

Why go on the super strict diet? Just clean up your current one. If you’re getting fat eating clean food, then kudos to you, because you should be a professional eater.

Couldn`t have said it any better.

P:S: I got exactly the same problem, so I feel ya!

Mikey- I am 18 5’6" and weigh 205
Squat:225 for 20 deep reps(I know this because I do 20 rep squats every other monday and this what I got last monday.
Deadlift:365 no starps 430 with straps.
Push Press:215 for 4 225 for 2
Curls: 95 for 2 with 2 inch bar and back to wall.

Ok I guess I will stop being so damn lousy on my eating and deal with the extra body fat and just be strong and get stronger.

Ya, clean it up a bit and see where it goes. You may also think of what Dan John recommends. He suggests that athletes do one full on cut per year. Something like the V-Diet or something similar. Basically you try to lose as much fat as possible in a short time, while maintaining as much muscle. So that you can get right back to building and increasing strength.

Its a tricky situation and can go either way depending on how things work out. Good luck.

***Also, your deadlift seems kinda weak compared to your squats. Maybe because you are kinda short, but i can deadlift more than that, but no i cant do 225 for 20 reps on squats.

You train for strongman, but your grip is so weak that you get 60+ lbs out of straps on a deadlift? TROLL.

Publick Stews I am not a troll I train for strongman I have videos all over my myspace of my atlas stones tire flips and all the event training. My grip is pathetic it always has been my weak point on everything. Its the reaon my deadlift is so low and the reason my farmers walk is only 200lbs per hand for 40ft. So I train strongman I am just not the worlds strongest man. I see you train powerlifting but you dont squat a 1000lbs or deadlift 1000lbs so you must be a troll.

Whoops sorry the above post from Krisd18 is my post lol sorry I didnt realize my girlfriend was still logged in and I just started typing I will fix it here.

Publick Stews I am not a troll I train for strongman I have videos all over my myspace of my atlas stones tire flips and all the event training. My grip is pathetic it always has been my weak point on everything. Its the reaon my deadlift is so low and the reason my farmers walk is only 200lbs per hand for 40ft. So I train strongman I am just not the worlds strongest man. I see you train powerlifting but you dont squat a 1000lbs or deadlift 1000lbs so you must be a troll.

Your PR’s are YOUR pr’s. I dont think anyone should come here and belittle your strength. BUT. If you are training for strongman, dont try to get to 10% BF. It will serve little purpose to you. Continue building muscle and srength and work on the strongman events and later on you can worry about cutting.

Get your push press to 300, squat to 450, and deadlift to 500+ while eating within reason. Then you can afford to do a short quick cut to get BF down a bit.

***But if you aren’t going to be competing any time soon, then it doesn’t really matter, and you can go ahead an cut first. Just make sure to do it right.

Dankid- Thank you very much man I agree and I do plan to compete soon so I am just going to stop being so loose with my eating and clean my stuff up. Thank you for the advice and the kind words.

Thank you for the advice dankid I will not cut my calories just stop being so loose with what I eat. And that is what I am shooting for exactly in my lifts.

dankid, im_the_truth_ and krisd18 are all the same troll. I’m willing to bet my life savings of $5cdn on it.

[quote]daraz wrote:
dankid, im_the_truth_ and krisd18 are all the same troll. I’m willing to bet my life savings of $5cdn on it.[/quote]

You caught us… I mean me.

[quote]daraz wrote:
dankid, im_the_truth_ and krisd18 are all the same troll. I’m willing to bet my life savings of $5cdn on it.[/quote]

I’ll take that bet. From their post histories it would have to be an incredibly elaborate plan and would still be ultimately pointless.

Their story checks out man.

Daraz- I dont know dan kid but I am me and krisd18 is my girl friend. If you don’t believe me then go to our myspace or facebook lol you will get the same photos same people and videos of of us each but thank what you want. And as Rob has said I that much effort into something like that would be pointless but believe what you like. And I all for the bet so when ever you would like to pay us me, kristi and rob will split it lol.

Daraz- I dont know dan kid but I am me and krisd18 is my girl friend. If you don’t believe me then go to our myspace or facebook lol you will get the same photos same people and videos of of us each but thank what you want. And as Rob has said I that much effort into something like that would be pointless but believe what you like. And I all for the bet so when ever you would like to pay us me, kristi and rob will split it lol.

Leaner and stronger is a tough one to pull off. I had read all sorts of diet/training plans that purport to do both simutaneously. In real life, I am yet to see a drug-free athlete (other than a teenager or novice lifter) pull it off. I’m not saying it’s impossible.

It’s just that any time I have seen somebody accomplish these goals simultaneously in any meaningful sense, they were gassed up. Even then, the reduced body fat was not purely drug-effected- they also had to eat clean.