Help Gaining Weight

I’m an 18 year old highschool athelete and have lots of trouble putting on weight I’m 6’2 190lbs and lift daily I have tried creatine and whey protien and it has helped some but I was wondering what the best thing for me to take would be the best for me to take a prohormone or supplement or what please help me out
-thanks-

YOU NEED TO EAT MORE!

FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

I guess I don’t eat enough but I eat alot idk I guess I’m not eating the right stuff I don’t drink sodas try to eat alot of meat drink milk eat alot of peanut butter

[quote]Jrs1865 wrote:
I guess I don’t eat enough but I eat alot idk I guess I’m not eating the right stuff I don’t drink sodas try to eat alot of meat drink milk eat alot of peanut butter [/quote]

I guarantee it’s not enough.

Post a sample of what you eat in a day.

Be honest with yourself.

alright let me think about it
in the morning I usually eat 2 or 3 eggs if I’m running late I eat a peanut butter sandwich then at lunch I eat a hamburger or somethin with meat (I live in the country do we eat a ton of deer meat) don’t know if that makes any difference wait awhile till dinner my dad is a grill freak so most nights we eat steaks or chicken gets kinds old anyways I eat till in full at every meal idk why I’m not heavier then everynight before I go to sleep I eat a peanut butter sandwich with some milk heard it would help me put on some weight

[quote]Jrs1865 wrote:
alright let me think about it
in the morning I usually eat 2 or 3 eggs if I’m running late I eat a peanut butter sandwich then at lunch I eat a hamburger or somethin with meat (I live in the country do we eat a ton of deer meat) don’t know if that makes any difference wait awhile till dinner my dad is a grill freak so most nights we eat steaks or chicken gets kinds old anyways I eat till in full at every meal idk why I’m not heavier then everynight before I go to sleep I eat a peanut butter sandwich with some milk heard it would help me put on some weight[/quote]

Look at this bulking diet:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2292362

He’s lighter than you, and eating more than you are, while still being conservative.

You simply need to eat more, 4-6 times a day.

thanks alot so u don’t think any weight lifting ‘stuff’ is needed?

You sound exactly like me at 18 senior year of high school. I was the exact same height and weight. I started eating 4000-4500 calories a day and in no time I was at 200-205, my heaviest. Then I dropped to 185 do too poor eating habits in college. Just like rsg said food, food and more food.

Edit: I meant heaviest at 18 yrs

you need to eat food. If you don’t have any idea how many calories you’re eating and think your eating a lot, you’re not eating enough.

What do you mean by weight lifting stuff?

[quote]Jrs1865 wrote:
thanks alot so u don’t think any weight lifting ‘stuff’ is needed?[/quote]

no, just eat a lot of food, and don’t exercise… come on, seriously here?

[quote]Jrs1865 wrote:
thanks alot so u don’t think any weight lifting ‘stuff’ is needed?[/quote]

WTF?

No, no weight lifting stuff is needed. In fact, this is the wrong forum for you. All of your questions will be answered and more at bodybuilding.com

Have fun!!

unless he’s referring to weight lifting supplements???

If you’re not growing, you’re not eating enough food and/or not pushing yourself hard enough with the weights.

You need to set a meal plan up like the guy in rsg’s post. Saying you eat a couple eggs or a pbj at breakfast isnt going to cut it, no wonder you’re not gaining any weight. Whats that, a 200 calorie breakfast? Wake up dude.

“I eat til I’m full at every meal, I don’t know why Im not heavier”
Just because you eat until you’re full does not mean you’re getting in the proper amount of calories. You could eat pop corn til youre full and only consume 150 calories…but you’re full. You need to eat more healthy calorie dense food.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
unless he’s referring to weight lifting supplements???

If you’re not growing, you’re not eating enough food and/or not pushing yourself hard enough with the weights.[/quote]

Yeah, he mentioned prohormones in his first post, so I’m guessing he meant that by “stuff”. He said he is lifting daily.

I kinda feel dumb cause of my diet or whatever but I didnt know that’s why I asked and by ‘stuff’ yes I meant supplements

[quote]Jrs1865 wrote:
I kinda feel dumb cause of my diet or whatever but I didnt know that’s why I asked and by ‘stuff’ yes I meant supplements [/quote]

Jrs,

I just want to echo what the others have said. Increase your food intake until you are gaining weight. They are spot on.

thanks for all the posts